Game-Labs Forum

PvP1 Sweden at war with the Dutch

Admiral Jacob Bagge

Not talking about that one engagement specifically.

I personally was engaged in two where the exchange was exactly what I pointed out. Obviously it was impossible to be present in all combats.

pr0zac was in his 3rd rate but managed to not get sucked in the second battle where the entire swedish task force was sunk, 4 trincs plus minor support ships including, from memory, a suprise and a navy brig.

Was a mind game, I charged in the first battle on my own, 1 suprise versus the task force, with obvious results.

Second time did the same. Would appear that it would be suicide again... right ? Wrong, all frigates in the area joined in a 12 to 8 IIRC combat as opposite to the previous 1 to 8.

Regarding piracy and corsair activity it is a shame that not many dutch nation players are willing to setup at Plymouth and Island Harbour and scare the sheep flocks once in a while. But who knows, it might change ;)

Main difference is that Sweden homeland is tight, with all towns 2 -5 minutes away from each other, Dutch land requires a lot more time logistics as the distances are demanding.

Hope to have more screen action later today.

Battle report tuesday 16/03 Swe V Dutch (4-5)

Swe Assault on Nuevo Barcellona, PB Attacker wins

Dutch Assault on La Blanquila, PB Def wins

Dutch Assault on St:George, PB def wins

Swe Assault on Macanao, PB def wins (game mechanics clarified below)

Swe Assault on la tortuga, def wins

Swe Assault on Galdano, PB Attacker wins

Swe Assault on Curicao, interception def wins

Swe Assault on Pampatar, interception def wins

Dutch Assault on Carupano, PB attacker wins

Edited by TrackTerror

Congrats on the Victories! May your future battles with the dutch be glorious, im sure they have something planned - but good job coordinating.  :D

That's how it should be. Danes, pirates, spaniards take a notice about this. No insulting, no dirty games, no exploits. Just some PvP fun from time to time.

Haha- funny that you think your enemies in particular should take notice.. try reading your own posts mate.  :)

Idea for DAS clan:

add back Maracaibo to the spanish. why? Bcs. we dont have farmable big fleets in our water . All other nation can farm a good Xp and money and cap. 3rates from fleets. we dont have anymore in vicinity after we captured Maracaibo . We must turned again to spain , we lost one port(was not really necessary) BUT we got again big spanish fleets to farming .

Idea for DAS clan:

add back Maracaibo to the spanish. why? Bcs. we dont have farmable big fleets in our water . All other nation can farm a good Xp and money and cap. 3rates from fleets. we dont have anymore in vicinity after we captured Maracaibo . We must turned again to spain , we lost one port(was not really necessary) BUT we got again big spanish fleets to farming .

Maybe you should just stop farming and missioning and go help your nation at war. You know - you can actually screen in a frigates - actually good screening is the only reason for so many successful interceptions. You can also earn some good exp from PVP. Yestarday after sinking enemy's Bellona in my Trincomalee with a bunch of frigates I got 1.5k of exp. and around 1100 of it was just for player Bellona kill!

Each day I see a shitloads of Dutch vlagcaptains whom I haven't ONCE seen anywhere near action. I even saw this admiral on Victory (who already ordered a santisma on das ship order list), whom I never seen in battle. Also quite a lot of guys have Pavels and I yet to see at least one defending our port. No, yesterday we couldn't master even 25 3rd rates!

We are loosing war not because of lack of AI fleets, but just because most part of the nation is constantly grinding missions in Maracaibo and other places. And swedes are VERY organized despite the fact, that they have much smaller population. I think that's because they were trained by Danes (what haven't killed them only made them stronger).

I am very sad with current state of matters in Dutch republic... We are loosing to much smaller nation. And the only reason we are not loosing completely is the somehow broken mechanics of fleet interception. 5-10 frigates shouldn't be allowed to intercept 25 3rd rates in OW. Maybe we should give all ports to Swedes so our mission runners finally received some good mission ganks and MAYBE decided to help defend their nation.

Edited by Vaan De Vries
  • Like 14

How did it bug out?

It wasn't entirely a bug. We managed to drag the whole Swedish fleet to the OW battle just at the moment they placed the flag. So while we were tagging them inside OW battle some of our ships entered a PB and some 10 mins later they received "battle over message" and even got some resources for successful defend. Then they left but for some reason swedes were able to enter the battle but weren't able to do any damage to the towers.

So in fact I think there is a rule that at least one attacker should enter port battle within 5-10 mins after flag was planted. Faliure to do so results in fail assault but by bug players can still enter the battle.

So the def was won not because of bug, but because of good and timed (lucky timed to be sincere - nobody planned for this) interception. Bug was only in allowing players to enter the battle (and loose their time) after the assault already failed.

Edited by Vaan De Vries

@Vaan De Vries

True that... I was quite puzzled yeasterday when I visited Willemstad. I usually keep myself around doing missions and grinding close to the front so when the PB happens and it happens that I'm online I can join screening fleets fast.

In those fleets I usually see a lot of men eager to fight, small ships included and I noticed that it is quite hard to assemble big ships in force for PB.

So it was a shocker when I sailed around Willemstad to see all those Consti, 3rd Rates and even Pavels that I never saw in PB around Isla de Margarita...

I think lot of captains would wake up if someone steamrolled Dutch which could be beneficial in the long shot, granted that we could fight back after the "wake up call". Still I think a lot of those PvE types (why are they even on PvP server?) would just reroll. Probably also not bad since players that do not participate in nation wars in any way give us false sense of numbers anyway (I consider Trader and Crafters to be part of bigger warmachine, even if they do not participate directly).

Anyway I hope Swedes will keep up the pace, it was quite boring with this peace around and now at least we can expect some action in the East. And looking at the number of battles it is quite lively now, with both nation going head to head :)

Edited by Wyspa
  • Like 2

Idea for DAS clan:

Idea for hiclupucli:

Sail up to the corsair haven at Island Harbor - find it on the map.

Once there give a call on nation chat. There are enough ships up there to group up and you may actually do something beneficial in a pvp server.

Or if you are not into open sea pvp then grab all your attitude and get into port battles or screening fleets.

... *sigh* ...

I do solemnly swear if the Nation gets steamrolled I will take the black and will hunt you dutch nation traitor PvE types every single time I am online. All I need, because that is actually all that is needed, is one ship and one free harbor. And best of all I know exactly where to find you.

Now, you going to actually fight other players or migrate to a PvE server ?

• Like 6

... *sigh* ...

I do solemnly swear if the Nation gets steamrolled I will take the black and will hunt you dutch nation traitor PvE types every single time I am online. All I need, because that is actually all that is needed, is one ship and one free harbor. And best of all I know exactly where to find you.

Now, you going to actually fight other players or migrate to a PvE server ?

No need to go black, my friend... blue is really nice this time of the year!

• Like 1

I have 300 played hours and am only a First Luitenant . I spend hours on end scouting and intercepting in everything from a basic cutter up to my precious Mercury in the defense of the Republic. I fought the french, organised cutter fleets to oppose them and pretty much do as much as possible to stop their advance and win the war. Yesterday i harrassed you all in Teamspeak to join us at Macanao.  Now I am moving (slowly) up in rank I am able to join portbattles in shallow waters and being more usefull.  I am really horrified to see how many of our ships do not turn east and do there share of the fighting but remain in area's save from incursions. Do you part and join us! Stop slacking! 

/rant over

I'll be seeing you up north, Swedes!

I have 300 played hours and am only a First Luitenant . I spend hours on end scouting and intercepting in everything from a basic cutter up to my precious Mercury in the defense of the Republic. I fought the french, organised cutter fleets to oppose them and pretty much do as much as possible to stop their advance and win the war. Yesterday i harrassed you all in Teamspeak to join us at Macanao.  Now I am moving (slowly) up in rank I am able to join portbattles in shallow waters and being more usefull.  I am really horrified to see how many of our ships do not turn east and do there share of the fighting but remain in area's save from incursions. Do you part and join us! Stop slacking! 

/rant over

I'll be seeing you up north, Swedes!

I'm amazed you didn't get more XP in 300 hours just by accident!

I'm amazed you didn't get more XP in 300 hours just by accident!

The waiting is strong in this game!

And I had so much fun jumping straight into the war in the east after I joined DAS that I hardly paid attention to anything PvE besides a trader to find out how boarding works. :D

• Like 2

this is the biggest problem of the dutch nation , loads of flagcaptains around  that never particepate in actually defending our ports ,you see them sailing around willemstad in 3rd rates ,pavels and even victories but if we call for people to attack or defend a port you never see these guys!  ,maybe a PVE server would be e more suitable place for them...........

Edited by stache1
  • Like 1

I think think you didn't get the point of hiclipucli's post. I'm really sure he said this with the context of PvP. Finally, you need all of this stuff...3rd-Rates still are the backbones of all fleets.

Cheers

For PvP ? Not true.

There are three types of pvp players, those that enjoy the big fleet actions like Port Battles and massive flag interceptions with Trafalgar fleets, those that enjoy frigate action, corsair attacks ( so far no dutch privateer captain has ever jumped a mission, only open world tag ) and finally those that don't...do...any.

Now, if a non pvp player spends the entire time capturing 3rd rates to feed those that will put them to use, that is good.

But I guess you cannot capture Pavels nor Vics, and I am sure many names sailing on one of these have been seen around Coquibacoa and never seen in a port battle.

So... pvp or what ? :)

Take all of this with a gallant heart by the way. It is great to have a war or else we all fall into the trade/mission sleep mode.

• Like 4