Game-Labs Forum

PvP1 Sweden at war with the Dutch

Admiral Jacob Bagge

Having fought in Panama and seen the skills of the dutch even against larger and more experienced fleets, i'd never discount the dutch faction in a fight and have only respect for the fighting prowess they have previously displayed.

The Swedes and French now essentially having nowhere else to go for a fight than the dutch will hopfully be good all around in terms of PvP experiences and just plain fun. It's good to see the usually quiet eastern corner of the map bristle with life and activity. Good luck to you all!

It was a glorious day. Swedes fought well and enjoyed every minute of it. Good fights all around. So really, no need for there to be argument over mechanics and things is there? We're all in this for good fights and fun. And that's exactly what we got, no? Hard fought defenses on the Dutch side, swedes had us running all over the place today. Much fun!

Swe V Dutch Fleet fight outside Prtiu Saturday, Dutch interception of flagcarrier.

http://imgur.com/j83TPUH

Our Leadership in this fight and the fight against you 3rd rates before was just so horrible bad, I could have freaked out  :angry:

Good played on Swedish side, well coordinated attacks and good cohesion inside the battles, but dutch were on guard  :)

Imo it s just bad in this game, that always a frig fleet gets pushed first against the rates, with the only intention to "ram the flag carrier", it sure is legit, but it is just a slaughter everytime who should not be. It s not even a try of fighting or so.

btw no critisme, I know it s how it works..

Edited by Manta Scorpion

Had some good battles yesterday. It was funny to watch all those annoyed 3rd rates chasing my Trinco at the end of the battle (one in which we kept flag carrier busy near Carupano). I hope for some more battles soon :)

Edited by Wyspa

Battle report summary Sunday Swe V Dutch (2-2)

- Dutch assault on La Banquilla, PB Def wins

- Dutch Assault on St:George, PB Def wins

- Swe Assault on Carupano, Interception Def Wins

- Swe Assault on Macano interception Def wins

Naval engagements: unknown/many

Edited by TrackTerror

We would like to thank our Swedish colleagues for yesterday's cooperation in the fight against the Dutch. We played a few battles, took part in defens of 2 ports, sank several ships, mainly in 3rd rates, without any losses. It is unfortunate that the Dutch despite frequent numerical and firepower superiority every time chose to escape. Well, maybe next time.

For the Black !

Oh, the famous pr0zac's band of cowards. It's funny, like you say "numerical and firepower superiority in Dutch favor", when all battles with pirates 3rd rates I've been yesterday were like 2000 BR Pirates vs 1000 BR Dutch.

I've been in 3 engagements with Pirate 3rd fleet yesterday. In all engagements (2 near Blanquilla, 1 near Saint Georges) Pirates had way more firepower (like 1 3rd Dutch + 3/4 Frig vs 4 Pirate 3rd rates + 1/2 Frigs).  Yep, unfortunately our main forces were busy (like, you now, fighing PB like ships of the line should do).

But even with this great BR superiority I couldn't remember any member of Dutch screening fleet to be sank in those engagements (maybe you've got lucky in other battles). One battle I was rammed by the pirate Frigate, then had to sail in my trinc through 3 pirate 3rd rates (to catch downwind) and still was able to get away - you guys are a lousy shooters. Oh, and when you whine in battle chat about trinco running away from 3 3rd rates, think - maybe you can take a frigate instead of a line ship, better to take a crafted when, not a disposable fir shit, and then you may have a chance to catch crafted trinco (of course when there will be 3 of you and 1 of me).

P.S. Don't worry, we will catch you pirate scum later. Currently we are busy with the Swedes, who turned out to be very well organized and equipped.

Oh, the famous pr0zac's band of cowards. It's funny, like you say "numerical and firepower superiority in Dutch favor", when all battles with pirates 3rd rates I've been yesterday were like 2000 BR Pirates vs 1000 BR Dutch.

I've been in 3 engagements with Pirate 3rd fleet yesterday. In all engagements (2 near Blanquilla, 1 near Saint Georges) Pirates had way more firepower (like 1 3rd Dutch + 3/4 Frig vs 4 Pirate 3rd rates + 1/2 Frigs).  Yep, unfortunately our main forces were busy (like, you now, fighing PB like ships of the line should do).

But even with this great BR superiority I couldn't remember any member of Dutch screening fleet to be sank in those engagements (maybe you've got lucky in other battles). One battle I was rammed by the pirate Frigate, then had to sail in my trinc through 3 pirate 3rd rates (to catch downwind) and still was able to get away - you guys are a lousy shooters. Oh, and when you whine in battle chat about trinco running away from 3 3rd rates, think - maybe you can take a frigate instead of a line ship, better to take a crafted when, not a disposable fir shit, and then you may have a chance to catch crafted trinco (of course when there will be 3 of you and 1 of me).

P.S. Don't worry, we will catch you pirate scum later. Currently we are busy with the Swedes, who turned out to be very well organized and equipped.

propaganda , propaganda , propaganda.....

The truth is within 4-5 hours of constant pvp battles near ports  Dutch were attacking , we havent lost a single (A SINGLE !) ship .

Too bad I havent took more screenshots ( Made this one couse Jabba the hut already lost multiple ships due to BW and I was wondering if this will be another one :P )

UFtEQth.jpg?1

Atleast we could catch few terrified Dutches and we also had some loot , like exeptional trincos and even mastercraft bellona : 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=644699511

Edited by Qusso
  • Like 1

That is not entirely true sir.

I remember two consecutive engagements in front of Macanao where the exchange was 1 dutch Suprise lost against 4 Trincomalees, 1 Suprise, 1 Navy Brig and other ships lost from the Swede Nation.

Shame that the pirate 3rd rate managed to gain distance from the attack circle. ;)

Was a perfect example of confidence turned into arrogance from a 1:8 odds in the first attack, where I sunk, to a 3:2 engagement where all the enemy were sunk, so overall at the frigate level open sea engagements it was a Dutch victory and good pvp moments.

From what I could hear from the big fleet, the flags never reached the intended ports to conquer and despite the losses the main objective was achieved.

yeah, right. This first engagement was the closest one to even battle. Still firghing in a 3rd rates vs Frigates. Still BR rating was in your favor. It was definitely not "numerical and firepower superiority". 3 trincos and one 3rd rate were the only one in this battle who could really hurt you. Others could just scratch your paint a bit.

Also I don't remember you sinking anyone in this battle. I was there till our 3rd was able to leave.

Give us more victories like that. Scare all the frigates in the OW with your 3rd rate. Next time maybe we will bring a fleet of 10 basic cutters against you guys in a 3rd rates so you can later say "4 brave pirates were able to sink 10 Dutch ships."

Again the main purpose of the engagement (not letting you attack our shallow fleet for La Blanquilla PB) was achieved. Maybe if you do some port battles of your own you will understand the uneasy role of Frigate Screening fleet. Next time you will accuse Dutch screening fleet of running from the battle ask Swedes how exactly their flags can't reach carpano in time for 3 days. The first to sacrifice himself against full 3rd fleet is always Frigate screening fleet. When we have to sacrifice ourselves to delay the flag carrier - we sacrifice ourselves.

Risking loosing my ship to some ganking pirate when later I may have need it against the conquest feet is not worth it. So when we can - we sink you. When we can't - we disengage. You coming in a 3rd rates instead of a fast ships help this tactic to be successful.

Edited by beduin