Game-Labs Forum

Crafting Notes Changes

Crafting Notes Changes  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Should Crafting notes be returned to 1 kind only.

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should Crafting Notes Level requirements be lowered?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. What level should Low Grade Notes require?

4. 4. What level should Mid Grade Notes require?

5. 5. What level should High Grade Notes require?

6. 6. Should Crafting notes Experience be adjusted based on Level needed and/or Hours required?

• Yes
    • No
  7. 7. If Levels are lowered, should resource requirements increase? Ex. 60 gold coins instead of 30

• Yes
    • No
  8. 8. What is your current crafting level?

• 0-10
    • 10-20
    • 20-30
    • 30-40
    • 40+

Now, It is quite noticeable that the crafting changes in the last update were not received very well. It is clear that this update greatly slowed down an already very slow system.

The Shipyard system brought on a very large expense with absolutely no benefit to crafters. it also greatly limited the location where ships could be crafted. this by itself is a big blow to the crafting community in Naval Action which is already a low percentage of players to begin with.

The Building system also hurts crafters in the long wrong, by requiring labor hours to collect the produced resources it basically leaves out any serious crafter from participating in this. this would be fine if the economy wouldn't be completely controlled by buildings in the future. all resources will increase in prices as they now carry the Cost of the building + cost of producing + the price of the hours.

now arguably the biggest problem is the changes to crafting notes, with the biggest negative being the high level required to craft the notes, this absolutely destroys the market for Crafting hours from other players and removes the cooperation of clans and friends to better their clans or nations and basically makes crafting a Solo act, forcing crafters to make all the notes for their own ships, using up a whole days worth of hours for the notes to make 1 exceptional ship.

This affects many aspects of the game, first the amount of ships being created will be drastically reduced, while this can be good sometimes. I think we can all agree that the game is painfully slow as it is and making it slower will only turn off newer players. This assumes that if I am to craft all materials and all notes to make and exceptional 3rd rate it would take me 6 days of crafting hours. This is outrageous. we built a market for Labor hours for a reason. new players benefited from using their hours in exchange for goods or giving their hours to clan mates for cooperation. this is gone as far as crafting notes.

In the end this will result in 1 of 2 ways, All crafted high end ships will all be Basic or Common. OR they will all be so expensive that most players wont be able to afford them and crafting will not be able to survive.

Crafting community is slow and small as it is. Do not kill it completely

Full disclosure: I voted for 5-10-15 and Raising Resource requirements to balance the expense of notes.

Edited by David Batista
  • Like 1

I like the new system that was introduced with this patch. The level requierements are fine, because they project your experience in the crafting to the quality of produced ships. 

I like the idea of 3 different notes type, because they made 2 useless materials high demand goods. I only think, that there should be a way how to craft lower level crafting note using higher level ore. For example: 1 low level note - 60 copper coins or 40 silver coins or 20 gold coins. This could bring more versatility to crafting ships.  

• Like 2

the new level requirements are a REALLY good idea in my opinion, it really adds a new layer to crafting especially the highest level ships. 

it was a surprise to see the gold notes at lv35, and in my view a very good surprise

• Like 1

the new level requirements are a REALLY good idea in my opinion, it really adds a new layer to crafting especially the highest level ships. 

it was a surprise to see the gold notes at lv35, and in my view a very good surprise

Im interested, do you actually craft? because I haven't met a crafter that was excited by the lvl 35 requirements. The idea of atleast doubling the crafting time for a ship is pretty ridiculous to me. Even if you expect to sell it for alot more, who the hell is going to afford it?

• Like 1

The new system is good.  The higher end ships should not be as common as they are.  Seeing fleets made up of 25 rate ships is absurd to the extent they are trying to keep any semblence of realism.  There should be multiple ships with different roles in fleets  This mechanism provides a way to accomplish that - you could argue they didn't go far enough.

Edited by Arsilon

Im interested, do you actually craft? because I haven't met a crafter that was excited by the lvl 35 requirements. The idea of atleast doubling the crafting time for a ship is pretty ridiculous to me. Even if you expect to sell it for alot more, who the hell is going to afford it?

People get a ton of money for battles now. 

I must have missed something, what are the new limits ?

Pray tell...

Considering it cost about 1.1 Million for a shipyard to build high end ships. You are basically limited to 1 port where you craft all your ships. Before you could go to any port and craft if you were crafting for a friend or clan mate. Unless you want to spend 1.1 Million to build 1 ship and never use it again. It does indeed limit you to your home port.

Notes should have zero level restrictions... Period.

What's the point of high level notes having a level requirement of 35? All it does is arbitrarily slow down high level crafters.

All notes should have a crafting requirement of level 0, so non-crafters can make notes for crafters. That way, non-crafters still have something to spend their labor hours on without having to worry about the 1 whole xp you get from a note, and the high level crafters don't have to worry about wasting a whole day's worth of labor just on notes that don't give any damn xp for their time sink.

• Like 2

It seems like a step in the right direction to me. I've been arguing for months that the game needs a robust economic/trading system that would eventually be the reason for combat -- this is the first glimmerings of such a system.

Buildings and shipyards, once invested in, have to be defended. Much more of a natural rationale for pvp than buying flags and setting timers for port flips.

As for players with a low crafting level not being able to craft higher level notes -- it strikes me crafting notes reflect shipbuilders accumulated knowledge. They should be primarily available to crafters that have 'payed their dues' in the crafting grind.

Crafting I'd still to easy! Ships don't use enough materials or hours.

Think of the end game in a few months when the only losses are pvp losses. Ships are the only reflect gold sink and just like potbs they are to cheap and easy to produce.

A clan of 10 people can easily pop out a 5 dura trincs every day! It's rediculously cheap and easy, this patch is a step in the right direction.

Stop asking the devs to dumb it down and give us xp, gold, ships and hours on a plate.

Seriously,

it's a good thing for low and middle craft notes. But for the high grade note , it's clearly a bad decision.This level 35 requirement is too high. What's devs want to do with this decision ? Limiting amount of ships on sea ? Affecting guilds or big teams ?

Nothing of this will happen, guilds have tons of crafters, and they have tons of high grade notes in advance. it's just a different organisation for them. this decision only affect independants, and low levels Crafters.Some crafters (only few of them) accept to do ships for independants, but they want golds crafting notes (250x4 hours), who will accept to do them ? NOBODY !!!.

So it's simple, when  you have chance to see gold notes on market , it's 200 k each, so 800 k for 4,expensive !! but i saw 2 gold notes on market since 3 days (lol).All high  levels crafters refuse to do crafting notes gold, they have better to do, a common crafting ship, give more xp than than to do the boat and craft notes (why doing crafting notes so ) or they do for their guild, independants can go to hell. You are rich, you are good on sea, but you are independant, you can go to hell, or sail a medium tonnage ship. For you no capital ships, it's only for guilds of big team.

Marquis De CrocDurdan

• Like 1

I like the new system but I think notes need to be craftable about 5 levels earlier than they currently are.

Also, there needs to be a way to efficiently level up crafting without having to make ships.  We already have too many shipbuilders and not enough people making craft notes and ship parts, and it does not help that in order to level up crafting to make mid grade notes you need to consume valuable labor hours making things that nobody needs or wants (trader lynxes), while the things that people actually do want (planks, fittings, carriages, etc.) give paltry amounts of xp.

Working as intended if you ask me.

Those ships should be both rare, and high cost.

• Like 2

Being a level 50 crafter, I have to say I could pump out a trincomolee every day. I could pump out a victory or Santi every 2-3 days. The note changes do help slow the higher crafters down. Esepically due to the exceptional modules we create. Mid grade note are now just as sought after as high grade notes. It makes the high level craters plan hours and weekly shipbuilding out more detailed I build that victory and make 4 high notes, but where do I get those 12 mid grade notes for that exceptional mast,magazine access and opt. Rudder??? Fleets have to plan this out. Doing almost triple the work than before. It also makes the low and middle level craters very important not just the high levels. Every crafter becomes very important in each level. Ship building took lots of time in real life and should to a degree in game. Only thing would be to drop migrates and lower levels slightly. Like miss from 200 to 150 as example

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like a lot of the tension would go away if there was a way to generate more labor hours by playing the game.

There's already so much money being generated right now that we're seeing a massive inflation, which can especially be seen on crafting notes which are now being bought through contracts for 125k in PR  (which means the crafter is spending 131k on a note), that is 4 times as much as what the notes went for before the patch.

And the ship prices reflect this as well. Exceptional 5th rates are now being sold at 400k+ because players can afford it because kill/assist money induced inflation.

People are asking for shipwrights to click their mats into ships for them, and when the price question comes, I flat out state "I can make 6 high grade notes instead, so your Bellona click is gonna cost you 600k" - and they accept that.

It's pretty obviously a case of one resource being available in a fixed, very low amount and the other being available in infinite amounts.

I prefer having several kinds of crafting notes over the old system of just one note type, which made high quality low level ships a complete waste of notes.

One thing i would like to see changed would be upgrade crafting to use different quality notes. The upgrades could for example require:

Basic - no notes

Common - 1 Low grade note

Fine - 1 Medium grade note

Mastercrafted - 1 High grade note

Exceptional - 2 High grade notes

This would slightly reduce the already high demand of medium grade notes and silver and add more demand for low and high end notes. The labor hour requirements for upgrades would also be more sensible in this way in my opinion.

Currently the mid grade note are worth more than the High.

We should be able to convert them in Capital City, like we do in real life with currency exchange.

2 Low Grade for 1 Medium Grade

4 Low Grade for 1 High Grade

2 Medium Grade for 1 High Grade

1 High Grade for 2 Medium or 4 Low Grade

That should help to stabilized the price, the market buy cost for Med Grade is actually around 35-45 K each while High Grade only worth 25-35K.

I voted for 0-10-25 lvl requirements, but I do understand the reasoning for the current requirements. It is supposed to make the high end ship building harder to achieve. Although, I am with Quineloe on the fact that I wish there was a way to be able to generate more Labor Hours through playing the game or doing "something." A mechanic like a "trading mission" or some form of PvE that isn't about making money or xp, but getting more Labor Hours I think would be nice!

So for me, it's less about the note issue and more about the limited amount of labor hours and how we as players are stuck having to wait on time. I would love to have some mechanics in the game that could give me more Labor Hours through playing the game, instead of waiting and playing other games. Granted I know I could go fight NPCs or PvP, but if I don't want to do that at a particular day then What else is there?

I feel like a lot of the tension would go away if there was a way to generate more labor hours by playing the game.

There's already so much money being generated right now that we're seeing a massive inflation, which can especially be seen on crafting notes which are now being bought through contracts for 125k in PR  (which means the crafter is spending 131k on a note), that is 4 times as much as what the notes went for before the patch.

And the ship prices reflect this as well. Exceptional 5th rates are now being sold at 400k+ because players can afford it because kill/assist money induced inflation.

People are asking for shipwrights to click their mats into ships for them, and when the price question comes, I flat out state "I can make 6 high grade notes instead, so your Bellona click is gonna cost you 600k" - and they accept that.

It's pretty obviously a case of one resource being available in a fixed, very low amount and the other being available in infinite amounts.

You can, but it's not obvious.

Capture a ship, split it for parts, poof, the effective labor hours of those parts do not need to be spent.

A master crafter that wants something to do that helps him craft more, should spend time capturing ships and breaking them apart.

A single medium carriage saves you more than 20 hours.  Everyone seems to think the items are junk and the money more valuable, but I beg to differ.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken