Game-Labs Forum

Vedmed Map

Vedmed

I know what you mean Eishen :D

I did find once that that auto-update of my position on the map stopped working so I checked co-ordinates with F11 then just placed the cursor over the map until the readings coincide. Also, somehow, it feels less like cheating if you get my drift! :D

• Like 1

One more thing and this tool will be perfect: avg speed on open water for each kind of ships in NV by full turn of wind (360 deg) and stabile course.

Maybe later.

Made some fixes and changes, new version in the head.

1. Is it possible also to have a trail from where u started being drawn on the map.

2. Also is it possible when u have waypoints they clear when u close enough for changing course to the next one. Maybe with a bell sound or so.

1. If i understand you correctly, its already done.

2. Yes i work on this 

nice work, does a great job.

2 suggestions:

- abitlity to change the map to another e.g Shrouded Recluse's Map. the lines from the compas on the map are annoying.

- change the course colour to something other than black

Thank you!

- if i add ability to change map the programm will eat twice memory or swithc maps will take long time - 3-5 sec

- i try to find better ruler than existed, but i still dont found it

- what color will be nice?

for me, the rulers itself are not the problem.

as for the colour , i think you need somthing with a little contrast to the map itself. but a picture explains it better

8m5ru8ba.jpg

in the lower right i make some examples

and if you look at Kingston / port Royal you can see that the info on time / nautic miles is almost unreadeble becouse it´s the same colour than the rest.

if we can switch the map it would be great, but a choise at the start what map to use by default would also do the trick. no need to switch on the fly.

regards

Ridcully

1. If i understand you correctly, its already done.

2. Yes i work on this 

Thank you!

- if i add ability to change map the programm will eat twice memory or swithc maps will take long time - 3-5 sec

I meant to have a history line of your real sailed course over time. I would allow color to be set up by the user in the options.

For contrast red is be number one but perhaps too agresive looking, I would bet for green lining for paths.

Again, great work

for me, the rulers itself are not the problem.

as for the colour , i think you need somthing with a little contrast to the map itself. but a picture explains it better

in the lower right i make some examples

and if you look at Kingston / port Royal you can see that the info on time / nautic miles is almost unreadeble becouse it´s the same colour than the rest.

if we can switch the map it would be great, but a choise at the start what map to use by default would also do the trick. no need to switch on the fly.

regards

Ridcully

Thank you for the picture - its really help :)  I try to use red or something close to red. I try.

I meant to have a history line of your real sailed course over time. I would allow color to be set up by the user in the options.

Great idea! Thanks )

For contrast red is be number one but perhaps too agresive looking, I would bet for green lining for paths.

Again, great work

Maybe i can make red not so aggresive, maybe dark red... Green too diff with map colors

Hi Vedmed

Great Job again.

Suggestions:

Change the icons (smaller is better)

Add if posible 2 or 3 levels of zoom in

Thanks

Thanks! :) 

- smaller icons lead to pixel mess :( I still looks for icons

- yes i make it already but each step of zooming greatly increase memory consumption...

Sorry for delay, mates - been busy. Update for a new patch in the header. :)

Not any new ideas implemented for now, sorry :(

thx .. a few days delay is no problem. everyone has a RL

*thumbsup*

ridcully

edit:

with the new version i cant get the actual position to work. no problem with the old version until the patch , but now nothing happens. is there something i can do for bug fixing , or maybe some settings in the firewall ?

btw im running windows10 x64

regards

edit 2:

after a restart of the computer, everything works fine. sorry for that.

Edited by Rid Cully

with the new version i cant get the actual position to work. no problem with the old version until the patch , but now nothing happens. is there something i can do for bug fixing , or maybe some settings in the firewall ?

regards

same system, working fine for me

thx .. a few days delay is no problem. everyone has a RL

*thumbsup*

ridcully

edit:

regards

What numbers show the map in the 'Ship position' field?