Game-Labs Forum

Freeze when unit 'leaves map'

Losenis

When a unit of mine leaves the map by chasing another unit, IE: Videttes chasing an artillery unit that runs so far it crosses the map boundary, the game freezes forcing me to kill it in task manager. I have recreated the problem and it freezes too without exception. Trying to move the unit to the edge of the map on my own does not seem to cause a freeze.

• 4 weeks later...

Happened again just now at the 'The Union looking Cemetery hill from below' phase of the second day. Pushed the Union all the way south as the confederates until the freeze happened. I am currently using Windows XP but I'll soon upgrade to Windows 7, so I'm not certain if it's a problem on my side.

EDIT: Happened again in the same phase, same situation, pushed the Union so far south they retreated past the map boundaries, then it crashed. Hopefully this is fixed ASAP, as from a point of view this is pretty much the game actually forcing you to not do too well. Is there anything like a debug report that I can use to pinpoint exactly what happens? I can recreate the issue if needed.

Edited by Losenis

Happened again just now at the 'The Union looking Cemetery hill from below' phase of the second day. Pushed the Union all the way south as the confederates until the freeze happened. I am currently using Windows XP but I'll soon upgrade to Windows 7, so I'm not certain if it's a problem on my side.

EDIT: Happened again in the same phase, same situation, pushed the Union so far south they retreated past the map boundaries, then it crashed. Hopefully this is fixed ASAP, as from a point of view this is pretty much the game actually forcing you to not do too well. Is there anything like a debug report that I can use to pinpoint exactly what happens? I can recreate the issue if needed.

It isn't your system at fault as I get the same problem with that same scenario on Windows 7 64bit. Was going to whinge about it but I see the devs are already on it so I'll hold fire.

I could have had the same situation, but I'm not sure. I sent all of the I Corps Cav Div north to the map edge to attack artillery and almost immediately the entire game froze.

I've saved the output_log.txt file but I don't see how to upload an attach it to this post :(

EDIT: apparently I had to be on the forum with enough posts, so now I can attach files :)

Attached! ;)

output_log.txt