Game-Labs Forum

[PETITION] Camp du Roy

Really guys? I can only imagine this thread when they do the full wipe.

Seems you have NO dog in this hunt .... therefore ... kindly keep it to yourself.

Some of us were greatly affected by that ONE decision. I had 3 ports (after 1 week of game ownership, at that point) -- and CDR was my NEWEST and FURTHEST venture. I had JUST got CDR the night before the update - just before the nightly server down time (3am CST) . In fact IIRC, I logged off at about 2:58am. Actually spent 10 hours in traveling, and then shifting a few boats to CDR, for easier ventures, -  once it was established. I logged off, went to bed .. then to work, came home, logged on, and POOF! 3 out of my 5 ships were inaccessible. Because they were now at CDR. Including one Trader with over 3000 lbs of cargo in it, from the day before. All are still sitting in that port, just waiting for the switch back, so I can grab them, and relocate to one of my now 7 other ports.

Respectfully, if it didn't affect you (be glad) .. otherwise don't trivialize others plights.

So since your forced part of the community to face a personal wipe at least a month and potentially a few months before the rest of the community. Does that then mean when the wipe actually happens the people who were wiped prematurely will be compensated some how? Maybe the people who lost everything can get set up a month ahead of everyone else. I'll take 600,000 gold, and two green frigates, a gold snow and a gold surprise, three high grade notes, a maxed live oak farm, a rank 2 drydocks, and the thousands of materials I was locked out of by the devs with no warning and no way to get my stuff back short of conquering half the map.

It's a dick move based on the crying of the French players despite the fact that every nation has at least one freetown near their capital, in fact most have multiple except the British they have one.

On top of that the post I made on the steam forums seems to have been removed....

Edited by ZoeSIlvertongue

Camp du Roy will be changed back next week until the map reset

Seems we can't really trust what they say. They say things, the back peddle and make excuses. I don't care what a moderator or the forum admin says. When a Developer says it will be next week we hold him to that. It's like the store manager telling you that your meal is free then the clerk refusing to comp it.

IMHO this highlights a need to diversify.  Just like in investments, diversify.  In your game assets, diversify.  Accept that you could lose a portion of it, but then it won't be all-in and all-lost.  That would seem to point to future game strategies of....well, diversification.

That said, I would agree with a few of the previous posts that the communication from devs should be prime.  Especially when the game is still being tested and developed, the players need to know what is going on at all times with the development, including all of its aspects, not just the major ones or the most noteworthy.

Yes I do realize at some point they will reset the map and the game and we will have to start from scratch the point is there will be plenty of warning for that and your mind set will be ready for it and youll know when it is going to happen, but if what happened with CDR is an indication of others things down the road after the game is finished will happen then they are cutting their throats right now because alot of people will feel that in the future they will be treated as what they request means nothing to the dev's so look at it as a pre warning to how things will be handled think about it for a min if the game was finished and out of the blue other then one tiny little note in a random forum, that they had done this and you where a month sub, how would you feel then.......

Yes I do realize at some point they will reset the map and the game and we will have to start from scratch the point is there will be plenty of warning for that and your mind set will be ready for it and youll know when it is going to happen, but if what happened with CDR is an indication of others things down the road after the game is finished will happen then they are cutting their throats right now because alot of people will feel that in the future they will be treated as what they request means nothing to the dev's so look at it as a pre warning to how things will be handled think about it for a min if the game was finished and out of the blue other then one tiny little note in a random forum, that they had done this and you where a month sub, how would you feel then.......

dang ... that's one LONG sentence!

just kidding. I totally concur though. 6.8 came out today. Loaded it. No change that I saw. - still!

someday I will get those 5 ships back! *sigh*

Camp du roy will be switched back once we can in one of the next content patches.

While we had a big content patch yesterdy, the port is still not switched back! You were able to switch it from a Free Town to Neutral without any hassle. What is so hard to fullfill your promisses? As it looks for me, you are not willing to switch it back at all and just betray the community. The other option would be very sad: You are simply not able to do it - in other words: You have no clue what you are doing here. 

Edited by Brogsitter

Port reset requires full reset of the database and it is only possible if other significant changes in ports are done. 

If you are tracking our integrity i am sure you can find our answer that we ARE not fixing it fast and why and take your words back

Camp du roy will be switched back once we can in one of the next content patches.

Well, you win. I give up. Cant wait any longer for a "Possible-maybe-it might happen" ---- event.

Unfortunately, I would rather dump the ships in that port, at this point, and be able to use the port access somewhere else, to progress further. Instead of waiting for y'all to fulfill your repeated empty promises. (intentional or not)

Now watch ... it will revert back in the next 7 days, or they might possibly wipe the whole game just as soon ... so my actions today will be just as pointless! -- Murphys Law - 101. :P

Camp-du-Roy was set as a neutral town to not make double freetown with plymouth.

you can sails from one to the other in less than 10 mins.

Moreover delivries from plymouth or carriacou are not increasing that's much.

Camp-du-Roy and other freetown ( + vieques + island harbor + others ) are just game breaking

It's allow a full player fleet to get hide in, repair, respawn, teleport , have outpost, send ships there in the ennemy water, gank fest withot being warm by scout and so one.

Enabling the idea of border. spwan in the midle of the ennemy waters.

As i said in the other topic, my sudgestions:

Make freetown not military one:

- Impossible to teleport there , ( you can still have warships there but you have to sails there each time )

- impossible to dock or store warships, only traders ( keep teleport available )

- impossible to create outpost there

freetown are a treat that you can't do anything against it. 

hide in port, repair, teleport ships in and uncapturable.

edit: i'm perfecly fine that CDR is still a town like others. and i hope that other freetown are going to change too

Edited by tatannn

Steam will not refund the purchase. Now I open this refund to the makers of Naval Action. If I don't have any resolve by the end of this week, then I will be calling my credit card company.

All this for a loss of virtual assets in an Alpha stage, especially with assets wipe coming soon? You are a joke.

• 4 weeks later...