Game-Labs Forum

[PETITION] Camp du Roy

Personally I think it stabilized the game's play-ability for the French.

Additionally, I believe you don't lose the ships or the Outpost if you don't abandon it.  Just recapture the port and they reappear.  

Edited by angriff

Personally I think it stabilized the game's play-ability for the French.

Additionally, I believe you don't lose the ships or the Outpost if you don't abandon it.  Just recapture the port and they reappear.  

I'll let you think about that statement for a while.

oh look pirates complaining once again at how unfair the game is for them... really? you are PIRATES it's meant to be tough and for you to have a hard time.

Dear sir,

Respect, ..... please show some. First, it was only changed due to FRENCH PLAYERS whining about proximity to their precious capital.

1) It was not captured, nor was it owned prior to that.

2) It was NOT depicted in the Patch Notes anywhere.

3) There was NO warning!

4) It was an administratively changed event.

So in short... and in Nautical terms you may understand ... "STOW it!"

And yes, I play pirates. Just started playing this game. (Now for just 2 weeks) So it was quite a blow to see a port that was DEEMED safe and stable, all of a sudden be categorically changed, .... due to "WHINEY nationality players"! ...... and not by some act of conquest!

Have a better day!

• Like 2

Well the next patch came and went this week and no revert. Update?

Captain, we wanted to change the port status in the last hot fix patch, but, unfortunately, as such change requires a lot of time to rework, it will be done in the next content patch. Sorry for inconvenience. Once there will be patch notes they will be posted in the Developer news and announcements subforum

• 2 weeks later...

Captain, we wanted to change the port status in the last hot fix patch, but, unfortunately, as such change requires a lot of time to rework, it will be done in the next content patch. Sorry for inconvenience. Once there will be patch notes they will be posted in the Developer news and announcements subforum

With today's content patch i hope to finally be able to play the game again but it seems I have to wait some more....

It has been 22 days (acording to the ingame display) since I was last able to acces Camp du Roy where everything I own ingame is stored. When can I expect to be able to access my own stuff again?

Would there be any other means for me to get back my stuff?

I think it's unnacptable to have everything removed from you without warning and nothing to be done about it for nearly a month!

Well on the bright side it took just one evening to turn Camp Du Roy to neutral. that was quick :)

That's what I thought .. it only took a simple change to revert it to Neutral .. just change it back ... simple fix.. aint like they are realigning every port with that... simply tag CDR for Free Port, and quick fix.

Otherwise they are just cow-tailing to the French whiners anyhow.

But I digress, its their game ... Just cant stand the lack of integrity the Developers are showing over this. "next update" they said,  .. then 2 updates later, no changes. Just do what you stated you will do. And quit doing things that are NOT referenced in your patch notes. Nuff said.

But I digress, its their game ... Just cant stand the lack of integrity the Developers are showing over this. "next update" they said,  .. then 2 updates later, no changes. Just do what you stated you will do. And quit doing things that are NOT referenced in your patch notes. Nuff said.

Port reset requires full reset of the database and it is only possible if other significant changes in ports are done. 

If you are tracking our integrity i am sure you can find our answer that we ARE not fixing it fast and why and take your words back

Camp du roy will be switched back once we can in one of the next content patches.

Port reset requires full reset of the database and it is only possible if other significant changes in ports are done. 

If you are tracking our integrity i am sure you can find our answer that we ARE not fixing it fast and why and take your words back

Camp du roy will be switched back once we can in one of the next content patches.

Seems I struck a nerve, sadly.. but no. If you are offended ... sorry. I see things as I see them. I for one am NOT "tracking" anyone's integrity. But the lack of communication (ie, unintended deception/non-disclosure) before the update, regarding PORT changes, illustrates that perception entirely. Be it intentional or not. Kind of leaves people to wonder what will be HIDDEN in the next "content" update? Thus, the Trust level drops.

The continual "we will fix it on the next update" statements, simply suggests that there is a disconnect with what is being conveyed, and what is being perceived. Miscommunication ... again, be it intentional or not. Sorry, but I would like to believe what someone is telling me... not find out, that it was misleading. So I am telling you, I WANT to have faith in what y'all put out ....

on that basis, ... Can you kindly disclose WHEN is the next "content" update? (Seems the CRITICAL word here is "CONTENT")  Evidently it differs greatly from "update" alone. I would just like to know, as to NOT expect it on the next "Non-content" update, that seems to be happening now.

Believe me, I commend y'all on a GREAT game overall - Its awesome! But the HUGE change (and effort, as you stated) for changing port types, definitely necessitates DISCLOSURE before the fact ... not after. As it has a lot of ramifications for the players involved, as well -- as you now can tell... more for some than others.

Respectfully,

-Yank

Alright so what? Don't play and hope it might revert back before next year? Start back from scratch?

"In one of the next content patches" So far you have a "content patch" every 2 weeks or so and you can't tell us if it's the next one or if we'll have to wait for over a month....

I do understand the game is early access but the complete lack of warning before the original change is what got me angry. I understand content wipe and the such in early builds to keep balance but here we're just talking about a small portion of players who lost varying level of stuff because of a lack of comunication on your part. As soon as the port was changed all pirates lost access to it because it was now neutral and there was no time to get anything out.

My clan has since switched to france from pirates because of this change however, one of my members was a day late on the patch and lost all his belongings at CDR hoping that within a week or two we could get his stuff out and he could change over to france. He so far has yet to be able to rejoin. At this point is it possible to just change his flag from pirate to france so he can rejoin us without losing everything.

All I know is that it was changed without any real notice, then we were told "next update", then "next content update" and now "one of the next content updates".

This is how players are lost and never return to the game, I've left other games for MUCH less and I hope not to have to abandon this one. It may be a small number of players in the long shot, but I would rather quit playing and give you the LARGE amount of money that I paid for access than being forced to start over. Especially when the MAJORITY of players had no pain even close to this to suffer though.

Another thing; If the port change was done at the same time as a global wipe (-exp & -crafting exp), then there would be ZERO issue. Instead, there is this very long thread and at least one more covering this ONE topic. At least give us a goal date instead of tossing a carrot on a stick.

And just for dumb stats:

Jan 21 - steam release and my 1st day

Mar 10 - Camp du Roy change (50 days) (228 hours played | 4.56 hrs / day avg)

Feb 2 - today (24 days) (0 hours played aside form logging in to check map)

• Like 1

And just for dumb stats:

Jan 21 - steam release and my 1st day

Mar 10 - Camp du Roy change (50 days) (228 hours played | 4.56 hrs / day avg)

Feb 2 - today (24 days) (0 hours played aside form logging in to check map)

I feel your pain I'm in the same state, exact same thing.... I have 140 hours and I completely stopped playing...

Started game Jan 21 hours played till Mar 10 319 hours roughly about 2 weeks of play time in game now Apr 4 hours in game since Mar 10 1.5 please give us a date on the next content patch. Last time any Dev's said anything they said check the developers anouncments guess what no anouncements there about a content up date but there where new ships added.  Can add new ships but cant change a simple code to change a port from nuetral to free again. I guess you think your players are stupid and have no idea about programming. Its really no more then changing the code in prob not more then one or two lines of code. Adding new ships to the game much harder then a simple port change I would think.

Edited by redrook69