Game-Labs Forum

[PETITION] Camp du Roy

a Sailor game where you can't curse? what world do you live in? I understand limitations. but I said Bitch. you deleted because I was right. not for the word.

You didn't simply say Bitch. You called another member one and then threatened to ruin the game in retaliation. Regardless if the port change was correct or not your attitude was not acceptable.

I've no opinion on the particular port, but blindsiding players like that is screwed up, either save map changes that affect player access to a port for map reset or give an access grace period. Also put that sort of info in patch preview, not buried in a random topic outside the announcements forum.

Yea at least give some leeway to those still stuck in there.

Camp du Roy will be changed back next week until the map reset

Great!

At some point I think we should give more discussion as to whether Camp du Roy should be neutral after the port wipe. I still don't believe the change is necessary.

Again, the distance from CDR to the French capital is about the same as the distance between la Tortue and Mortimer.

I understand the temptation to make the change, because the French on PVP 2 were in a bad spot a month ago, but now the tables have turned and the pirates have only 2 ports in the entire map. I doubt anyone could have envisioned that. The last thing we need to be doing is getting rid of free towns that could be used by any nation in the event that their faction is wiped out.

Edited by ajffighter86

This was a bad change, admin. Even as a Frenchman in that area, I prefer to see CDR a freeport. It provides a haven for folks to get in and out of French turf, which only benefits the PVP aspects of that area. CDR being where it's at also allows French players to have a secure dock that's within reasonable distance of islands that they start with and provides a lynchpin for defense and counterattacks. Flipping it with no warning only hurts the players operating out of it- it doesn't do anything to help anyone.

Great!

At some point I think we should give more discussion as to whether Camp du Roy should be neutral after the port wipe. I still don't believe the change is necessary.

Again, the distance from CDR to the French capital is about the same as the distance between la Tortue and Mortimer.

I understand the temptation to make the change, because the French on PVP 2 were in a bad spot a month ago, but now the tables have turned and the pirates have only 2 ports in the entire map. The last thing we need to be doing is getting rid of free towns that could be used by any nation in the event that their faction is wiped out.

I have to second what my estimable French colleague said. I aplear to have missed where it was going to be flipped back to Free town next week, so that's my bad on the above post.

Just look at the map. CdR is smack in the middle of national highway.

Ajffighter is well aware- we're clan mates who use CDR as a primary base of operations on the French side for PVP2. It works in all directions for all folks. I am more than okay with that.

Map reset?! Does this include a reset of all assets (money, ships, resources, crafting stuff)? If thats the case the game just died for me.

Yes resets could include money ships resources etc

Only two things that are safe and guaranteed by us are Rank and Crafting XP

Wipes if happen could be softened by compensations, but in general we never promised anything except for Rank and Crafting XP.

Port ownership reset will definitely happen after land in battles and port investments happen. It is basically a promise now.

Camp du roy will be reverted to free town for some time and then reverted back to neutral on the port reset or maybe earlier. Other freetowns could be affected too.

• Like 4

I was not affected by the CdR situation but I felt bad for the people who were, especially on PVP2 where Pirates are already so far behind the eight ball.

Thank you Game-Labs staff for making allowance for these people, it's the right decision.

Wipes if happen could be softened by compensations, but in general we never promised anything except for Rank and Crafting XP.

Port ownership reset will definitely happen after land in battles and port investments happen. It is basically a promise now.

Camp du roy will be reverted to free town for some time and then reverted back to neutral on the port reset or maybe earlier. Other freetowns could be affected too.

Thats fine - i just missed the word "until"... thats why I asked.

I appreciate you are changing back the Port, even it is not affecting me personally. But for all the other players who are not able to access their stuff at this point. :thumbsup:

Hey, all our outpost are reset too?

Given only the XP is maintained I expect ALL assets to be reset and that includes every sing thing apart from XP. :)

(( secretly wishes for a hard reset someday to community test the entire mechanics from blank start ))

"Other Freetowns" ... which ones? How much of a notice might we expect, regarding those resets? And, which ones they will encompass? Don't want to pull my stuff out of CDR, next week, only to get screwed again in another port I thought might be ok, later on.

I just bought this game last week. Started as a Pirate at Mortimier,  PvE, and first went north. Just 2 days ago, I went south and made it to  CDR (after 10 continuous hours online), with a nice assortment of loot, and set up an outpost at CDR (my 3rd). I had NO clue, or warning any changes were being made to the map. A clan mate did the exact same thing, that same day, and both of us were glad to have a starting point away from Mortimier. Then literally, overnight ALL our stuff was inaccessible. Again, no warning in the patch notes, --- nothing!

Please in the future, if you are administratively changing Ports up, let ALL players know as PART of the PATCH notes! I read the patch notes a day prior to the upgrade, and saw nothing that was pertinent in regards to any port "changes" in this upgrade, so I had no REASON to be worried about my items. Then I log on the next day (yesterday), upload the patch and BAM! I had NO ships or access there!!! I could not even teleport to the port to get my stuff out. Just Screwed!

That said, Thanks for allowing access to the port next week to retrieve and Move my ships to another port. Now that we know it will definitely go Neutral again, whenever you do the map reset.

I would really be interested in what OTHER "Freeports" you are referring to in your post above!

Lastly, when CDR eventually goes to Neutral, will those of us who spent the Gold to outpost it, as a freetown, be reimbursed for the change? again that was my 3rd outpost, so it cost me upwards of 50K gold to do so, -- a lot of funds to me,  please recall, I  just started playing this game last week.

Thank you for your time!

I have nothing to do with Camp du Roy but I am fully supportive of any action against frogs and/or their displacement as a society in our world and/or their existence as a civilization from our dear Caribbean map.

To end my supporting with a beautiful quote:

"We who are the rest of the people raised our heart and eyes to heaven crying for God to have compassion upon us, and to turn away from us the power of the French."
- Thomas Elthem - Henry V's Chaplain at Agincourt

• Like 1

OK I understand the change happening on PVP servers but why the PVE server it does nothing but hurt players there. We invested so much time and money and to just lose that stuff is wrong if your going to change someting that can effect players like that please make noticable announcement prior to or like one guy said a grace period to clear out or some kind of reembursment.

Any update on when I can actually play again? My people miss me and I am quite bored over here.