Game-Labs Forum

Reinforce mechanic abuse?

Whats the status on this issue.

It has been reported now. We need a decision.

With the Pavel long ago we were told it was ok to use reinforcement mechanics. In that case people weren't using alts but rather friendly players from other nations but it is the same thing. I am gonna have to assume that this is sanctioned game play if a ruling can't be had. Silence is a ruling in itself. While other players are running around making twice the xp as I can in a battle I sit around grinding missions and a third rate fleet that passes by occasionally.

I'm gonna have to assume that this case is the same as the Pavel case essentially if we hear nothing more on it.

• Like 2

I think Dius says it best in the other thread open on the same topic.

For reference: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/12359-easy-levelling-requires-2nd-account/page-3#entry222166

"I am pleased the admin are keeping an eye on this topic. I say keep... until you can add alternatives.

The problem is the community is asking for content... This particular mechanic, like it or not, is very much enjoyable to EVERYONE who participates. 

It is by no means easy to coordinate 10-15 players all different ranks / ship types in the first place, add 10-15 AI 3rd Rates and its actually pretty difficult.

We loose ships often, last night for example we lost 3 ships using this mechanic, all be it they were lower lvl players in Frigate class wessels... 

The point being, this is not sail up to a stationary target and pound away. This is fighting the largest AI fleets that can be found in-game atm. 

Not for XP... I'm Rear Admiral.

Not for gold... I have enough gold through econ and ship building.

But because I want LARGE SCALE BATTLES with all my friends... 

It is a FANTASTIC training mechanic. 

If there were AI fleets on the OS that consisted of 15+ 3rd Rates. Maybe even un-capturable 2nd & 1st Rates =)

I would say of course remove it... 

Give us some EPIC fleets to hit... Just don't remove it until an alternative PvE option can be found and implemented."

Edited by DukeNasty

This 'issue' illustrates more a lack of content then a real flaw with what people are doing in the end. I myself and finding myself tired of spending so much time and getting so little done so can't really condemn anyone for using the reinforcement mechanic to actually enjoy the game. The secondary problem of using mechanics like this is that for national's it take either cross national coordination or purchase a secondary account which in it's self makes accessing the 'content' more exclusive then it should be.

• Like 1

for national's it take either cross national coordination or purchase a secondary account

The pirate mechanic limits us in the same way unless we want to spawn one 3rd rate at a time. Not just nationals. (We are only able to join defender) Edited by PrewashedYeti

Really? Using an Alt to call in reinforcements isnt an exploit? How long have large groups of players been doing this? How much of an advantage have they gotten over those that made the assumption its not allowed. Players who used this via Alt should have their XP removed from doing so. 

Seriously, I have been sailing around doing anything from missions, to AI, to getting out there risking my ships in PvP fights. Putting in 200 hours just to be Post Captain. Having fun non the less. But these guys just do this a couple of evenings and they are at Victory rank? We probably can never retrace whoever did this, but I think we'll need to adress this.

People who complain about the grind are getting told to shut up, and these guys just sail themselves to rear admiral in a couple of evenings.

Why should I play this game fair, if others just aren't bothered?

I would love to remind everyone - especially the outraged brits calling for wipes - that the so called "exploit" relates to spawning AI fleets, not to gaining XP. While true, that it could be used to ensure a optimal environment to farm fleets, the XP gain is NOT an exploit. That is gained according to the same rules, the same principles and the very same systems as everyone else does. It's still shotty-shooty your gun-guns till your XP gauge fills. Same as everyone else.

Using exploit to level up and using exploit to limit travel times or spawn mobs is a HUGE difference. We're talking abusing bug vs using bug for QoL improvement. We're comparing exploit that duplicates items with exploit that sorts your inventory. No sane person could ask for a full wipe in this scenario. Personal bias is more than obvious in this case. It's a man-hunt at this point. Congratulate yourselves.

As for the "fun being crushed" and "life not being fair" - well, sux to be you guys. I'm sorry, but this kind of crying is just ridiculous. If your fun is now destroyed because someone is higher rank than you - and thus they should get XP-wiped - the problem is you. Plenty of people reached that max level 100% legit, I am not too far myself. Should I too get my XP wiped, because someone cannot have fun if there are people in bigger ships?

They put in the effort needed to go battle after battle - which could be done the same with re-spawning fleets in smaller groups. It would be less fun, but this seems to be the point. Others cannot have fun - not allowed. You have to follow the strict code of conduct, ask your superior if you can have fun at PB - and if not, no high-end fleet content for you. Na-ah! Not fair, because... I don't know, supposedly reinforcements give more XP? No? So yeah, there we go.

People who grind fleets while you go PvP should get wiped too? They also gain much more XP than you...

Just step back for a moment and think about it, guys. You are asking for people to be wiped out of the game, because you have your petty competitions with them. This is low and stupid. You don't even try to talk it out or take any stance, you just see a red flag and jump for the occasion to ban someone. This is ridiculous, to use light words.

I know this game does wonderful things to people. I've seen racism and xenophobia bloom over some virtual gains and loses. Please, don't add to this list now with this petty thing. It's really nowhere near big enough of a deal.

• Like 1

I would love to remind everyone - especially the outraged brits calling for wipes - that the so called "exploit" relates to spawning AI fleets, not to gaining XP. While true, that it could be used to ensure a optimal environment to farm fleets, the XP gain is NOT an exploit. That is gained according to the same rules, the same principles and the very same systems as everyone else does. It's still shotty-shooty your gun-guns till your XP gauge fills. Same as everyone else.

Using exploit to level up and using exploit to limit travel times or spawn mobs is a HUGE difference. We're talking abusing bug vs using bug for QoL improvement. We're comparing exploit that duplicates items with exploit that sorts your inventory. No sane person could ask for a full wipe in this scenario. Personal bias is more than obvious in this case. It's a man-hunt at this point. Congratulate yourselves.

As for the "fun being crushed" and "life not being fair" - well, sux to be you guys. I'm sorry, but this kind of crying is just ridiculous. If your fun is now destroyed because someone is higher rank than you - and thus they should get XP-wiped - the problem is you. Plenty of people reached that max level 100% legit, I am not too far myself. Should I too get my XP wiped, because someone cannot have fun if there are people in bigger ships?

They put in the effort needed to go battle after battle - which could be done the same with re-spawning fleets in smaller groups. It would be less fun, but this seems to be the point. Others cannot have fun - not allowed. You have to follow the strict code of conduct, ask your superior if you can have fun at PB - and if not, no high-end fleet content for you. Na-ah! Not fair, because... I don't know, supposedly reinforcements give more XP? No? So yeah, there we go.

I'd be just as livid if it were the brits doing it, so please take your bias elsewhere. Doing this "group content" accelerates your exp gain by a factor or approximately 3 to 4 times as fast as people doing it "normally". Gaining exp at a much faster rate than the rest of the populace is NOT a "quality of life" improvement. Oh please, we have several people at the highest rank, by doing it the old fashioned way of grinding missions/small irregular AI fleets in groups. The entire point of the fact is that it takes much longer to do it that way. The "quality of life improvement" just makes it a hell of a lot faster, which is why people call it an exploit. 

I did a lot of grinding doing AI fleets in a group. Some days we'd get 1 3rd rate + 5 frigates fleets (the fleet composition was randomized at server maintenance, so we'd be stuck with 1 3rd fleets for the whole day), those were slow to exp. Some days we got 3 3rd rates and 2 frigates fleets, exp was very good. Not to mention, the fleets respawned irregularly, in different ports, forcing us to find them after battles. Doing the exploit, you could spawn in 10 3rd rates, 15, why not 24. No time to find the fleet, no pesky frigate spawns that just make exping a lot slower, just those juicy 3rd rates, and in numbers you'd never ever get without the exploit. The fault is not with the people who THINK this is an exploit, it lies with those DOING the exploit, to gain an unfair advantage.

• Like 1

Oh noes! They found a way to play the game in a funny way! These BASTARDS!

The only thing I'm sad about is that I didn't know about this "exploit". Sounds like a shit-ton of fun to me. Now - come on, call me a dirty cheater. I know, wanting to have fun makes me an awful man, doesn't it? :) Most likely thanks to that "dirty exploit" me and my folks would not drop the game for now. Meh. Such a horrible thing though, fun. Cannot allow, need to xp-wipe.

How about these random fleets? The guys who got the juicy ones were exploiting the system too, no? We should make sure everyone can get at most 1 AI 3rd rate, so that there is not too much fun to go around. Juicy fleets are an exploit and people should get XP wiped for hunting them. And since you had to look for them after each battle, how about people who camped their spawn point? Exploiters, no? Ban, wipe XP, yes? How far can we go down that rabbit hole?

Maybe I really am some sort of horrible creature, because to me what you write sounds like utmost douchbaggery. This whole "exploit" is confirmed fun factor and a great thing for a clan to do. And in this situation you propose we wipe XP across the board? Because MAYBE it was used to grind XP and not for fun? How petty are you?

If they didn't have fun doing the grind, they will be off in a month. If they had, they would be at said rank within 2-3 weeks anyway. So whoopty-do, why is it that big of a deal?

Oh noes! They found a way to play the game in a funny way! These BASTARDS!

The only thing I'm sad about is that I didn't know about this "exploit". Sounds like a shit-ton of fun to me. Now - come on, call me a dirty cheater. I know, wanting to have fun makes me an awful man, doesn't it? :) Most likely thanks to that "dirty exploit" me and my folks would not drop the game for now. Meh. Such a horrible thing though, fun. Cannot allow, need to xp-wipe.

How about these random fleets? The guys who got the juicy ones were exploiting the system too, no? We should make sure everyone can get at most 1 AI 3rd rate, so that there is not too much fun to go around. Juicy fleets are an exploit and people should get XP wiped for hunting them. And since you had to look for them after each battle, how about people who camped their spawn point? Exploiters, no? Ban, wipe XP, yes? How far can we go down that rabbit hole?

Maybe I really am some sort of horrible creature, because to me what you write sounds like utmost douchbaggery. This whole "exploit" is confirmed fun factor and a great thing for a clan to do. And in this situation you propose we wipe XP across the board? Because MAYBE it was used to grind XP and not for fun? How petty are you?

If they didn't have fun doing the grind, they will be off in a month. If they had, they would be at said rank within 2-3 weeks anyway. So whoopty-do, why is it that big of a deal?

Most people that I know from other games that used exploits or cheated did so because it was fun.

Most people that I know from other games that used exploits or cheated did so because it was fun.

And I own kick-ass flip-flops. People who I know who own kick-ass flip-flops are right, thus I am too :3

Since we're now at the point in discussion of using outer space argumentation, EoT ^^'