Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mouse of war

The Russians deserve their own nation in NA

Russia and the Ottoman empire were major naval forces, they just weren't present in the Caribbean and instead had a series of wars over the black sea.

If the game played in the Mediterranean they would definitely be factions.

• Like 1

Russia had a bigger fleet than Spain during the age. If that is not a reason for them to represented i don't know what is? :)

In the Caribbean? Pretty sure they were all in the baltic.

Why not the ottomans then? -.- TBH I have no idea why the Swedes - who had one island and no major presence in the carribean or any action in the carribean, are a faction. But then again Bensalem is a fictitious town so the whole historical argument is out the window. The game has to many factions as in, imo.

Edited by Dalriaden

I would have no problem when someone wants to sell unter his own flag on top mast additional to the country Flag of his main Port, but the Ports should be more or less historical accurate - like US/GB/SWE/FRA/Spain and or Portugal.

Нам и В Дании нормально живется, Так что не надо нас не куда переселять, Нам будет скучно Без Битв живя в черноморских просторах, хотя мы рассмотрим предложения иметь там парты для обучении новичков!  

Us and In Denmark doing fine, So we have no where to move, We would be boring Without Battles living in the black sea spaces, though we do consider there to have desks for the newbies!

Edited by Tekert

I would join the russian faction (but only if they will speak english since I'm too lazy to learn russian and cyrillic alphabet :rolleyes: )

Edited by victor

A Russian server, on the other hand, might not be a bad idea, if it there are enough Russian players to warrant one...

historical memory suggests that upon arrival to a new place need to kill everyone or to get a reservation? and then build your "new wonderful world"?

Giving the russians their own nation would cause the same problems as we currently have by having the us as a nation. --> They dont have anyone to fight in their timezone. (It won't be as bad for them since they are closer to the eu timezones, but still.) Best for the game and the gamers would be if every rl nationality would split evenly across all ingame nations. But we all know that's never going to happen for various reasons. 

If we can make our own nations, this will cause huge time zone problems. Imagine all "aussies" being in one nation. Whom would they fight?

The brits actually have it best. They have ppl from all over the world amongst them, so they allways have someone to fight, as well as everybody else can allways fight britain, because there are allways brits around. It's awesome! I whish every nation had an equal size of people from every real nation.

Methinks this is just another attempt to undermine the current campaign against the Brits. They will stop at nothing lol including getting a new nation for those that attack them, Put the Russian capital at Somerset? Is that the next poll. They are in fear keep up the pressure. they no longer sleep soundly in their pyjamas in Port Royal. 

Yes, my great plan has been uncovered.... Let's get back into our lair we have been found out boys...

Give Courland Tobago.Courland was a polish vassal.Boom all polish join Courland lol

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Couronian_colonization_of_the_Americas

I love when ppl are trying to tell me that country with 99% of german speaking elites and 90% baltic culture peasants can be represantation of Poland nation even in the slightest... Well it can't....The same way as medival Danzing in no way was a polish town ( we had more wars with Danzing than we had them with Germans through our whole history).

• Like 1

I love when ppl are trying to tell me that country with 99% of german speaking elites and 90% baltic culture peasants can be represantation of Poland nation even in the slightest... Well it can't....The same way as medival Danzing in no way was a polish town ( we had more wars with Danzing than we had them with Germans through our whole history).

It was a joke.Calm your tities

Why can't you just:

• Form Pirate clan named "Russia".
  • Sink everyone that isn't part of your clan.
  • Have de facto nation.

How is that any different, apart from all pirates being able to enter ports if they're not attacked, from having a nation officially added?

But the Russians already, for the most part, have their own nation in Danemark-Norway. Whats the incentive to add another one and force them all to start over?

What do the existing players get out of it?

I officially request the great nation of China in this game... well they wern't present in Carabiean? who cares.... and if you are on it add Poland, Hanover,Prussia, Marocco, Turkey, Savoi, Austria, Venecia, Grand Columbia and Portugal. Im fully sure we can muster more nations but what would be point of it...

First we must have the might Swiss Navy!

I find it sad that people want to shunt our Russian overlords, sorry...brothers... off to another server. What possible reason is there for this other than rather unbecoming nationalism or a fear of an organised force capable of causing real trouble for the other major players? Man up and fight back.

That said as a Brit btw.

• Like 1

They don't need their own nation, they can pick one of the current in game ones.

Why does everybody seem to think they have to fight for their own country in this game?

I'm a US player and I will never play as US.

• Like 1

They don't need their own nation, they can pick one of the current in game ones.

Why does everybody seem to think they have to fight for their own country in this game?

I think the point is more to encourage the Russians towards a single faction. US players are perfectly happy fighting other US players regardless of faction, that's the nature of the game after all. Russian players on the other hand have scattered across multiple factions then function as a unified entity anyway. The Danes and Pirates are effectively a single faction on EU PvP 1, word has it that Russian players are now migrating to further factions specifically to act in concert with their countrymen.

Im Russian, and i vote for historically accurate map. Unfortunately (lol) Russian Empire didnt have any colonies at carribean.

If we were making game about mideterrian(shh!!) pirates or japaneese sea pirates, then Russian presence would be legit.

Currently im playing as Pirates on eu3, however im looking forward switching to Spain.

Plz dont make separate russian server!

I'd never play as US on PVP2 for certain. Being part of the zerg and acting like your the bees knees when you simply swamp opponents doesn't appeal to me.

A Swedish presence in the Caribbean is historically accurate?

yes, in about 1785 sweden bought an island from the french, they had a presence there. which is in the time frame of the game

But isnt that the point of the map, to put players in that time period of the game and see what the experiment is going to be, which nation is going to rule that part of the world, it is like other Strategy games that do this, do u play it historically or do u prefer to do your own thing and creating your own empire.

On the Russian Nation, just because there are russian players playing a game i would not give them a nation just because, then u could add nations for everyone else playing on NA which ends in nothing good

Now if they do a Single Shard server with a world map then it would be interesting to have every seaworthy nation in that time period to battle for world domination ^^

• Like 1

This game is bleeding customers left and right, it is probably smarter to address that first, instead of creating more Nations.

The Danes and Pirates are effectively a single faction on EU PvP 1, word has it that Russian players are now migrating to further factions specifically to act in concert with their countrymen.

Danes and Pirates work together against the British because its mutually beneficial, not because we're all Russian.