1 vic

1 pavel

5 bellonas

10 3rd rates

9 trinco

4 conny

5 frigs

2 gross ventre (fill with stuff lol )

some other ships, lost 3 :P (wich where captured ships of brits lol )

f8d3100.jpg

455878e.jpg

4+vs+2+fail.jpg

Edited by Lord Vicious

CUTTER SWARM! New Doctrine! Troll Fleet! why? becouse usa+brit where tryng to engage us 20 on 20 40min before port window for stuck us in a fight so we counter-trolled them with ships that we can surrender, but it turned out we managed to capture a bellona and a trinco before pb timer open

BELLONA

3d666f8.jpg

TRINCOMALEE (he jump on the pickle tryng to run away for delay battle for not make us capture the trinco he leave)

da8501e.jpg

RENOMEE

b0ecb92.jpg

Edited by Lord Vicious
  • Like 2

CUTTER SWARM! New Doctrine! Troll Fleet! why? becouse usa+brit where tryng to engage us 20 on 20 40min before port window for stuck us in a fight so we counter-trolled them with ships that we can surrender, but it turned out we managed to capture a bellona and a trinco before pb timer openBELLONA3d666f8.jpgTRINCOMALEE (he jump on the pickle tryng to run away for delay battle for not make us capture the trinco he leave)da8501e.jpgRENOMEEb0ecb92.jpg

Spanish( RAE) have been doing the cutter swarm since launch

Carslile Massacre of British 22 vs 28

GiCYFBU.png

So I crunched the numbers to this battle the best I could, and once we forget about the fact this was simply a screen which was completely successful, we see your fleet outguns us by an insane amount.

SORRY----------- v -----------Britain

Cannons: 2410      1116:Cannons

Men: 18650                 8950: Men

BR: 16100                     6190: BR

------------------------------------------

Had you lost a battle with these odds, I would have been literally shocked. Either way it was pretty fun and I enjoyed the battle.

Having participated in a similar 'screening' action at St Anne, in what was dubbed "The Charge of the Powder Monkeys" other than die horribly, do we think there is anything a screening fleet like this 40% of the BR (even if it was 75%) could do differently.

One thing would be to last longer of course...sail at max distance, tagging as many sails as possible for as long as possible ? this of course assumes some level of co-ordination, I would imagine the screening fleet wasn't on a unified comm's but lets pretend they were.

Could a screening fleet do anything other than die slowly ?,,,could it all mob/ram/focus a single Santi, one would assume that Santi would simply drop back behind the line of the healthy santi's

Thoughts ?

Having participated in a similar 'screening' action at St Anne, in what was dubbed "The Charge of the Powder Monkeys" other than die horribly, do we think there is anything a screening fleet like this 40% of the BR (even if it was 75%) could do differently.

One thing would be to last longer of course...sail at max distance, tagging as many sails as possible for as long as possible ? this of course assumes some level of co-ordination, I would imagine the screening fleet wasn't on a unified comm's but lets pretend they were.

Could a screening fleet do anything other than die slowly ?,,,could it all mob/ram/focus a single Santi, one would assume that Santi would simply drop back behind the line of the healthy santi's

Thoughts ?

That was their main mistake, all the screening fleet was piled in a small area, as soon i undocked they all went near to me which is exactly what i wanted since our mission was to kill them asap, and yes they tryed to ram i got rammed by a 3rd a frig and 2 conny almost all together , 0 coordination leaded them to not kill even a pavel.

Same happened with americans tryng 25 3rd throaway fleets, and when they finally bring a first rate fleet they lost 14 withouth sinking 1 becouse it was a mix of 5-6 clan with no experience or coordination

Edited by Lord Vicious

So I crunched the numbers to this battle the best I could, and once we forget about the fact this was simply a screen which was completely successful, we see your fleet outguns us by an insane amount.

Had you lost a battle with these odds, I would have been literally shocked. Either way it was pretty fun and I enjoyed the battle.

What you fail to understand is not the obvious results of the fight, but the fact that this 28 guys died with the only purpose to hold us in a battle while their 25 other cowards friends in 3rd could attack carslile UNDEFENDED, and they died FOR NOTHING since the fight lasted less then 15 minutes. So they have immolated for nothing losing both the tactical and the strategic battle

See a total of 70-80 brits get outplayed and run away at home losing 30 ships in the process for NOTHING is the reason of that screen

I never claimed such fight required any skill effort from us, We have fight an equal force of usa players in ays and we manage to kill 14 ships first/2nd/bellonas withouth losing a single ship,that was a show of coordination and skill, since we defeated a superior force withouth losing nothing.

What was an epic fail is how that fleet horribly died in 15 mins missing totally the strategic objective to hold us in, the fact that majority of them where going to die was obvious since the start

Edited by Lord Vicious
  • Like 1

Thoughts ?

You are absolutely right. A screening fleet should have 2 objectives: 1) destroy the ships arriving for a port battle or 2) delay the enemy ships so that when they spawn in the port battle, they are at a disadvantage in position and hopefully lower numbers.

In regards to the battle itself, it appears the brits also didn't have a battle caller. They didn't adapt to the situation as it developed. This lead to the perpetual brawl and the sinking of all but 4 ships. In addition, the brits failed to perceive the goal of the battle for the pirates. If the brits could have surmised what the pirate plan was, they could have escaped with more ships.