Game-Labs Forum

{EU1}draft (non clan made) of British Peace Treaty with The Pirates and the Danes

donalddawkins

The Great and glorious Pirate guild KotO would be more than happy to assist RAE in their plight against the British. As we are old friends they have but to ask.

Haha Pepe is all yours.  Have fun with him cutting you off mid sentence.  Get use to this phrase 'no no no no no no no'

Also get use to them going against every agreement you set up, moving around the map with out informing you, and claiming every Spanish port even when its over the other side of the map.

RAE is all yours! 

Edited by Wang
  • Like 2

Lol, written as only a Brit could write. In other words any of you rapscallions that try to change the current order of things, Brits 100 + Ports, everyone else way less than that, will not be allowed and all nations will hit those rapscallions that dare to try. Seriously if you cannot see what is wrong with this entire "treaty" then you need some help. 

What you really wanted to say was "We the Brits don't want any other nation to challenge our dominant position in the Caribbean, so please sign this treaty and get back to killing just each other, leave us alone as we are busy with knitting, basket weaving and reading the King James Bible"    

BTW that one nation being far too dominant already occurs, but I guess other nations now will try to change that, good luck holding onto your ports,

Why oh why do you attack the Spanish again, talk about beating up on the small chap. (Tampico)

Don't be fooled into thinking that this proposed treaty has much support

Or that Brits don't mind being challenged - because when you think about that is what the game is all about

If you gain enough support you might be able to push the 'British' back a bit and then treaties will change and it'll be your nation that is on the back foot. This is why it's fun

I hope we can agree that what can spoil the fun is when people bring real-world prejudice into what is just a game. This is especially inappropriate when each faction is actually international. It's hard to be sure but from the accents on TS I think that almost half the Brits are not from the UK.

• Like 4

I cannot talk for other "fantasy pirates" ( as some of yours like to call us  :lol: ) but I can only speak for myself. I reconigse the honourable royale navy the sovereignty and rightful claims of Port Royale and the rest belong to us. ;) 

Your offer is insulting. You are in no position to put such conditions.

Dear sir

It was not my intentions of being insulting, but to create the basis of negotiations in which all concerned could build upon, or at least create an atmosphere for future talks.

Nowhere within the treaty is one nations referred to, discussed, or treated in an unpleasant manner, so unless you find the peace treaty in itself a disgusting concept, I fail to see what could be insulting about it

Haha Pepe is all yours.  Have fun with him cutting you off mid sentence.  Get use to this phrase 'no no no no no no no'

Also get use to them going against every agreement you set up, moving around the map with out informing you, and claiming every Spanish port even when its over the other side of the map.

RAE is all yours! 

We have never had an issue with them. Considering many of their members are part of our society and made up 50% of our guild for the last 3 years. I guess you just need to treat people as equals rather than tools for your own expansion, then maybe they will treat you with respect also. 

• Like 2

Salzi is sailing along the british coast when he heras screams and cries of help as he watches the towns people run in horror of his newly captured Pickel.

A rowing boat begins to come towards my boat, I tell the men to pull the sails up and throw out the anchor and prep the muskets, as we wait for the rowing boat with 5 men to get closer.

Soon enough they get within range and a guy calling himself Donald Dawkins speaks on behalf of the british nation? What is this a joke? me and the men laugh as his continues to read a term of surrender?

I stroll along my deck and my crew eye me with the same grin on their faces as myself, the far rear cannon aims and fires a shot giving a crowd of screams from the town, the row boat struck killing one of the rowing boys and the boat tips over throwing Dawkins and the rest in the waters below.

I give a shout to the men to get going and we giggle for a while as we watch the 4 men as well as the dead guy slowly but surely go back to shore knowing our resalution to their "terms".

Le end :3

• Like 2

To expand on this one step further, it highlights a reason there needs to be a change to pirate mechanics (and I don't mean keeping them out of 1st rate ships, I don't care about that) as of right now there is nothing preventing the entire player base from going pirate and capturing all ports and fighting each other for fun outside of whatever national allegiance a player itself has.

Also I guess if someone violates a treaty, multiple times in one day, you should just let it slide. (I think someone has spent to much time studying the Obama style of foreign policy)

May I ask you a question ? Right now what will prevent British Navy from capturing all ports, last time i checked the world map, british still have the largest number of port from all nations.

Sorry my bad i forgot i already know the answer, the pirate did that, and you want to change the game mechanics to prevent pirate from fighting british in the world map conquest.

We have never had an issue with them. Considering many of their members are part of our society and made up 50% of our guild for the last 3 years. I guess you just need to treat people as equals rather than tools for your own expansion, then maybe they will treat you with respect also. 

Wow what slander and lies.

We treated RAE with great respect, we bent over backwards for them trying to keep our alliance and treaties with them.   

At every turn they broke the agreements, and changed their minds at every turn.  Every week it was something new and different.  

RAE has crumbled, and they decided to get in between agreements between the British Council and the newly formed Spanish council.  

We went out of our way to work with RAE, who do you think went to their team speak? and chased them down for alliances?  Who do you think agreed for Spanish ports round Bensalum to stay spanish for weeks and weeks, just to appease pepe's obsession for spanish ports through out the map?

I have no issue with any Spanish player, or RAE member.  Their leadership has lead them down a road of hardship for their own ego's.  They are trying to ruin the Spanish nation, because they disagree with the port mechanics in this game as they are.

Go read all the posts they made complaining about the timers.  They have ruined the game for so many other Spanish players to prove a point.  They are purposely ruining the game for other people to benefit themselves in the long term.

If you ever want a even more detailed history of our dealing with RAE leadership, im more than willing to sit down and explain every last bit to you.

But know this, we treat every person with respect and equals. We tried desperately to come to hugely beneficial terms towards RAE, and the Spanish nation in general.  All we got was flip flops and back stabs.

If you want screenshots and transcripts im more than happy to share them with you as well.

Anyway, again enjoy holding up any dealings with these egomaniacs.  I defiantly wont be. 

• Like 1

We treated RAE with great respect, we bent over backwards for them trying to keep our alliance and treaties with them.   

At every turn they broke the agreements, and changed their minds at every turn.  Every week it was something new and different.  

RAE has crumbled, and they decided to get in between agreements between the British Council and the newly formed Spanish council.  

We went out of our way to work with RAE, who do you think went to their team speak? and chased them down for alliances?  Who do you think agreed for Spanish ports round Bensalum to stay spanish for weeks and weeks, just to appease pepe's obsession for spanish ports through out the map?

I have no issue with any Spanish player, or RAE member.  Their leadership has lead them down a road of hardship for their own ego's.  They are trying to ruin the Spanish nation, because they disagree with the port mechanics in this game as they are.

Go read all the posts they made complaining about the timers.  They have ruined the game for so many other Spanish players to prove a point.  They are purposely ruining the game for other people to benefit themselves in the long term.

If you ever want a even more detailed history of our dealing with RAE leadership, im more than willing to sit down and explain every last bit to you.

But know this, we treat every person with respect and equals. We tried desperately to come to hugely beneficial terms towards RAE, and the Spanish nation in general.  All we got was flip flops and back stabs.

If you want screenshots and transcripts im more than happy to share them with you as well.

Anyway, again enjoy holding up any dealings with these egomaniacs.  I defiantly wont be. 

I'm not even gonna bother telling everyone about this double faced nation that is smiling at you on one side and backstabbing you on the other stating that they don't have control over the whole nation... oops i just did.

i love how the danes and pirates aka the russians take all of the Haiti ports at 3 am and then start bragging thier victorys in the forums and then when they attack in our tz they lose Xddddd 

I love when the british set all the timer to 3 am to avoid real fight and think that no one could attack at that time and then lost all the ports because they  arent even able to defend at that time either.

Those port are yours, you chose when it could be attacked and then complain that people attack you at that time, it s kind very funny.

And no one bragging anything their victory, if you look more carefully you ll see this post started because of your national player want to have a peace treaty .

Im trying to remember when the British Fleets elected DonaldDawkins to speak for us. As far as I know SLRN and the others aren't anywhere close to surrender.

Dear Sir, the purposes of this thread was to discuss the ideas surrounding a potential peace treaty, whether to engage in a peace deal of discussing conditions around a peace deal.

You have appeared to mis-interpreted my post as an attempt at forcing British diplomacy or representing the nation. I assure you this is not the case. the draft was a mere collection of articles and ideas in which other British and  nations may discuss, as well as providing their own ideas of reaching an amiable settlement, if at all.

Perhaps a more constructive approach to the issue could be a tad more helpful, such as explaining why you would not want peace, what is wrong with the set articles, what your own articles (in your own, non clan affiliated opinion) would be, and whether or not you personally would even decide to engage in peace settlements in the first place.

I understand clans do settle much of the diplomatic matters for the nation, and this is by no means an attempt at a blanket policy or "playing king". However, it may be a bit more democratic to also listen to the concepts and ideas of other players who they themselves are not representing an official clan policy.

As we have previously seen within the british and surrounding nation,s policies and diplomacy made without the consultation of the british players has, will and may continue to result in direct breaches in alliances, agreements and peace deals, which has thus tainted to popularity of the British empire as well as other states. Therefore, it would be wise to feel out the general public opinion through threads such as these, before engaging in policies you yourselves know that you may not be unable to keep.

For example, please refer to the DRUNK rebellion in Sweden.

EDIT: I have realised why my post has been misconstrued as a random peace deal provided a citizen of the British empire, and as such have rectified my main thread to make it clear that this is a public opinion and ideas thread for British citizens concerning the war. I do apologise for making the thread obtuse, and hopefully it has been made clearer that this thread is a heavily role-play centric discussion of the war and future peace deals.

Edited by donalddawkins

See, it's funny, because we've already solved the problem of leadership, and you have leaders within AUSEZ and SLRN that are fully aware of what was done to alleviate the problem of too much power in a single voice.

You still insisted in clinging to the "Pepe did this" narrative, and continued to speak with the wrong people and not recontact people like myself(who told the leaders I first spoke to in reference to the southern Cuba "deal" that was being spoken of) about any claims to territories in exchange for others.

You began treating us like a puppet state, using clear pacification tactics against us to acquire as much territory as you can as fast as you can, while using Pepe to justify having us wait a week for a disproportionate amount of ports in comparison to what you took from us.  In all of the agreements you made, where is the good will between partners in behavior like this?  When I spoke to your leadership, I proposed a monetary alternative for the ports you helped return to us in the Yucatan, I was never contacted again.  Instead you spoke to a single party in reference to this, rather than both parties who were present in the initial discussion regarding what Pepe did to stir things up, and you made a deal with someone who represented a very small minority of the faction with no prior council or experience in the discussion that have been had back and forth over the past few weeks.

Essentially, the breakdown of our agreement with each other, is due to nothing less than the inconsistency(whether purposeful or not) in how you've dealt with our faction.  On the one hand you came to help us alleviate the port timer issue our faction had with our conflict vs the United States, and then on the other you essentially traded one occupation for another with whatever yes-men you could find to justify it. 

Our nation has rallied behind new leadership and a new system in which not one, but many have a voice to shape our factions future in this game, and you have only spoke to us once.  I made your leaders personally aware of what was happening, and no one from that leadership came to follow up on it.  Every other time, you've spoken to people like Gaizka and failed to contact anyone else to double check that the pacts he was making were in the best interest of the nation, which they were not.  It's either incompetence or purposeful manipulation on your part that one day you speak both Gaizka and myself in regards to Pepe's debacle in the south, and then another where you leave out myself and speak to Gaizka to give away the entire south of Cuba for 4 ports.

It should be obvious to anyone who is savvy at diplomacy, that when a nation is in the process of finding it's feet again, there will be differing opinions on how things will be reformed, and referring to one voice will not sum that up. 

May I ask you a question ? Right now what will prevent British Navy from capturing all ports, last time i checked the world map, british still have the largest number of port from all nations.

Sorry my bad i forgot i already know the answer, the pirate did that, and you want to change the game mechanics to prevent pirate from fighting british in the world map conquest.

Uhm I could care less about the pirates fighting the british, or the british fight the french, what I'm pointing out is a serious flaw in the game. If it will get your pantaloons unbunched and help get the sand out of your whiny parts replace Pirate with british, or french, or whatever faction you so choose. Quite simply however pirates are just another faction and shouldn't be. 

Uhm I could care less about the pirates fighting the british, or the british fight the french, what I'm pointing out is a serious flaw in the game. If it will get your pantaloons unbunched and help get the sand out of your whiny parts replace Pirate with british, or french, or whatever faction you so choose. Quite simply however pirates are just another faction and shouldn't be. 

If you want to discuss about the world map conquest and diplomacy between nations then I m avalaible to discuss with you. If you want to argue about why pirate is just "another faction" ? it is not the topic of this  post, I think there are already tone of posts about that on the forums, you can go there and discuss as much as you want, you dont need to bring it in here, and even admin already answered about those.

Talking with Spanish = herding cats.

Not really, I mean if you have common sense and a pair of ears, it's pretty easy to figure out the current position our faction is in as far as clan relations are concerned.  If your idea of diplomacy is talking to one person out of the entire player-base of Spanish, and treating them as if they are the Pope of the faction, then yes I can see how you can liken it to herding cats.

But I mean if your mentality when going into diplomacy is to herd them, or control them in some way, rather than compromise and gain an understanding of the entire demographic of the faction, then it's pretty simple to see why certain factions are having a hard time with their neighbors. :P  (Don't worry, we've been guilty of this as well.)

Edited by TsunamiEmperor
  • Like 1

See, it's funny, because we've already solved the problem of leadership, and you have leaders within AUSEZ and SLRN that are fully aware of what was done to alleviate the problem of too much power in a single voice.

You still insisted in clinging to the "Pepe did this" narrative, and continued to speak with the wrong people and not recontact people like myself(who told the leaders I first spoke to in reference to the southern Cuba "deal" that was being spoken of) about any claims to territories in exchange for others.

You began treating us like a puppet state, using clear pacification tactics against us to acquire as much territory as you can as fast as you can, while using Pepe to justify having us wait a week for a disproportionate amount of ports in comparison to what you took from us.  In all of the agreements you made, where is the good will between partners in behavior like this?  When I spoke to your leadership, I proposed a monetary alternative for the ports you helped return to us in the Yucatan, I was never contacted again.  Instead you spoke to a single party in reference to this, rather than both parties who were present in the initial discussion regarding what Pepe did to stir things up, and you made a deal with someone who represented a very small minority of the faction with no prior council or experience in the discussion that have been had back and forth over the past few weeks.

Essentially, the breakdown of our agreement with each other, is due to nothing less than the inconsistency(whether purposeful or not) in how you've dealt with our faction.  On the one hand you came to help us alleviate the port timer issue our faction had with our conflict vs the United States, and then on the other you essentially traded one occupation for another with whatever yes-men you could find to justify it. 

Our nation has rallied behind new leadership and a new system in which not one, but many have a voice to shape our factions future in this game, and you have only spoke to us once.  I made your leaders personally aware of what was happening, and no one from that leadership came to follow up on it.  Every other time, you've spoken to people like Gaizka and failed to contact anyone else to double check that the pacts he was making were in the best interest of the nation, which they were not.  It's either incompetence or purposeful manipulation on your part that one day you speak both Gaizka and myself in regards to Pepe's debacle in the south, and then another where you leave out myself and speak to Gaizka to give away the entire south of Cuba for 4 ports.

It should be obvious to anyone who is savvy at diplomacy, that when a nation is in the process of finding it's feet again, there will be differing opinions on how things will be reformed, and referring to one voice will not sum that up. 

Wow.

So tell me this, Pepe isnt the person to talk to, Gaizka isnt the person to talk to, your the person to talk to is it?  Even when we are told Gaizka is the representative of the new Spanish council.

Someone who has 5 posts on the forums so far, has never bothered to send anyone a PM or join any other team speaks? 

Which leadership did you contact in our nation?  Never heard of you.  No offense.

So to deal with the Spanish nation, you have to make 3 different deals with 3 different people

I will tell you this Gaizka is a good diplomat, and tried his best to resolve this issue.  

So everyone on this forum!  TsunamiEmperor is the Spanish man!  Next week it will be someone else im sure, and the day after that someone else will claim they are.

Good luck dealing with the Spanish.

• Like 3

Wow.

So tell me this, Pepe isnt the person to talk to, Gaizka isnt the person to talk to, your the person to talk to is it?  Even when we are told Gaizka is the representative of the new Spanish council.

Someone who has 5 posts on the forums so far, has never bothered to send anyone a PM or join any other team speaks? 

Which leadership did you contact in our nation?  Never heard of you.  No offense.

So to deal with the Spanish nation, you have to make 3 different deals with 3 different people

I will tell you this Gaizka is a good diplomat, and tried his best to resolve this issue.  

So everyone on this forum!  TsunamiEmperor is the Spanish man!  Next week it will be someone else im sure, and the day after that someone else will claim they are.

Good luck dealing with the Spanish.

Myself, Papa Bear, are your two fluent English speakers in the Spanish faction that represent the clans of RACC, RAE and EI for the moment, our three clans are the largest body of clans in the entire faction.  You can confirm this by simply coming into our Teamspeak and asking the leaders of each of these clans, or you can make the same mistake twice and take one person on their word that they are the sole voice of the faction.

We're the ones who have been involved in multiple conflicts directly, we're the ones who your representatives spoke to in regards to Pepe making a rash decision in the south of Cuba that lead to this, alongside Gaizka at the time.  Your people knew full well who I am, and what our intentions were, and never bothered to follow up on our conversation having concluded it with "we'll relay this information and make a decision on it".  I never once saw the fruits of that labor.

Gaizka represents a different alliance of smaller clans who are more than happy to give away twice as many ports for ports that are ours already without question, have you seen BSGG as much as you've seen RAE?  Do you know what RACC is a result of?  Of course you don't, your main concern is "how many forum posts do you have", and not what kind of changes have been made within the faction, and by who.

Of course you think Gaizka is a good diplomat, he gave you the entire southern part of Cuba for free, in exchange for 4 ports in the Yucatan, he's a great diplomat when dealing with people like you.  Your intentions have been clear since the beginning of this debacle, your first impulse has been to take and take as much as you can from us, and you think you're fooling anyone when you call us allies?  Please, your true colors are waving in the wind for everyone to see.

But again, British diplomacy has been riddled with incompetence since we first caught wind of your response to Pepe, and your neglect of the solution we accomplished shortly after to solve that problem.

Tell me this, when the British West Indies Trading Company came down and swooped in behind us while we were assisting the French against the Dutch, did we immediately turn on you the way you turned on us in fury?  Did we ask you to give us 50 ports to compensate for a defeat your faction was primarily responsible for?  Where did you bend over backwards for us in that conflict?  Why did the French get completely overwhelmed on two fronts so quickly and easy?  What planet are you on where you've been the dream ally everyone longs for?, because from where I'm standing your faction seems to be riddled with liabilities that make you more of a burden than a friend.

Edited by TsunamiEmperor
  • Like 1