Game-Labs Forum

{EU1}draft (non clan made) of British Peace Treaty with The Pirates and the Danes

donalddawkins

Dear All

It has become apparent that the British empire has overreached itself. In doing so, it has attracted the distaste of the surrounding powers, who in their desire to limit the power of one nation to reach an excessive extent, have decisively beaten British forces in the field.

Therefore, as a non clan affiliated servant of her majesty the king, and in respect to the rules of warfare and that of decisive battle, I am endeavoured to create a draft of a potential peace treaty to create peace and prosperity among the fellow powers. In doing so, this treaty should firstly develop a fair and honest balance of power, guarantee the independence of the lesser powers, and recognise the sovereignty of the greater powers within the Caribbean.

Greater populated powers: USA, Britain, The Nation of Pirates, The Danes

Lesser populated Powers: The United Provinces, France, and Sweden

Please see below for the draft.

The treaty of Saint Nicholas, aimed at ending the extended conflicts between his majesty the king, the Nation of pirates and her allies, while creating a atmosphere of neutral benevolence and free trade, and maintain the balance of power on favourable terms, will concede to the following terms:

1) Great Britain will recognise the sovereignty and rightful claims of the Nation of pirates within the Bahamas, and concedes the borders of the ports of saint Nicholas and Baracoa as the natural frontiers between Britain and the pirate Nation. Port Nicholas and Barracoa will be conceded to the pirates to consolidate the natural frontiers. Britain will recognise the pirate claims to northern Haiti.

2)The Nation of pirates will recognise Britain's Sovereignty and rightful claims of the territories south of these natural borders (Baracoa and saint Nicholas), as well as her claims to the territories surround IL La vache, southern Cuba and Western Haiti, and Jamaica.

3) Britain will concede to the Nation of Danes the eastern provinces of Haiti, with the natural frontier between Britain and the Danish being the port of barrahona, which will be conceded, along with the rest of the eastern Haitian ports, into Danish hands.

4) The Danes will recognise British claims to Haiti west of barrahona, south-eastern Cuba and Jamaica, as well as the pirate claims to the Bahamas.

5) All of the above nations will recognise the independence of the lesser populated powers, their independent ability to pass laws, wage war and engage in foreign diplomacy without the interference of other powers. The greater populated powers will recognise the independent policies of the lesser populated powers, and will not seek to dominate or interfere with their foreign policies.

6)If any greater populated power challenges, threaten or prevents the independent policies of the lesser populated powers, the greater powers are obligated to assist in maintaining the independence of the said lesser powers

7) if any of the greater populated powers, Namely the USA, British, Danes or nation of pirates, breaks, crosses of interferes with the above proscribed natural frontiers, or overexceeds the balance of powers, all powers are obligated in assisting the defender against the aggressor in the maintenance of the natural frontiers through force of arms, with the aim of maintaining the balance of power.

8)all above powers agree to end pvp within national missions, and will promise to ignore or refuse to assist attacks or defences of ports or players that interfere with the natural frontiers, or the sovereignty of the lesser powers.

9)All nations will be allowed to engage in open pvp, commerce raiding and harassment of any and all nations, so far as it does not include joining player missions, or threatens the independence of the lesser powers.

10)The lesser populated powers, those being the Dutch, Swedish, French or Spanish should be permitted to at least maintain three ports aside from their national port. all nations subject to this treaty must assist against any opponent that threatens to reduce a lesser power's port size to below the proscribed number.

11)The attacking of other national fleets are permitted for the purposes of exp gain and financial measures

12)In remedying the continued distaste, dissatisfaction and disaffection of the greater and lesser powers in concerns to the current balance of power, as well as access to trade opportunities abroad, the greater powers will attempt to facilitate port access in foreign lands to the lesser powers through the process of "port hopping", so far as it does not interfere with the natural frontiers or the balance of power.

13) in regards of the continuance of wars between nations, the greater and lesser populated powers and all within the Caribbean, wars of foreign policy may continue so far as that they do not interfere with the natural frontiers, lead to the dominance of the lesser powers or upset the balance of power within the Caribbean, that leads to one nation being far too dominant.

This concludes the rough draft of the treaty of saint Nicholas. Although public players may choose to refuse, ignore or override said rules and articles, the clans will attempt to in the very least maintain the articles of the said treaty, which is in itself the essence of equality, honesty and integrity of the co-signing parties.

EDIT: Changed the term lesser power to the less populated powers to reduce perceived insults

First off Who the hell are you? Second who the hell told you to do this? As i know for certain none of the clans in the British council did, second Why would we talk to the pirates about peace, No one should be allied with pirates as there god dam pirates, Thirdly as it stands its Russians vs none russians, and we none russians welcome there attacks as it gives us xp and fun after all this is a PVP server and hell if we lose all our land (not going to happen) but if we did then fuck it we'll keep on fighting. After all BRITONS NEVER NEVER WILL BE SLAVES!!!!

• Like 2

I think it might be a good time to begin producing white flags..They seem to be in high demand currently ;) This is the golden age for us Privateers, just today I captured two Danes by firing only a few broadsides before they struck their colours. Such wonderful times.

• Like 5

True but worth surrendering over after losing such little of our nation, not a chance, and besides before the danes manage to take it all they would be that overstretched that other nations will take advantage off, they would become what we have and be seen as the #1 target on the server closely by the pirates

• Like 1

Lol, written as only a Brit could write. In other words any of you rapscallions that try to change the current order of things, Brits 100 + Ports, everyone else way less than that, will not be allowed and all nations will hit those rapscallions that dare to try. Seriously if you cannot see what is wrong with this entire "treaty" then you need some help. 

What you really wanted to say was "We the Brits don't want any other nation to challenge our dominant position in the Caribbean, so please sign this treaty and get back to killing just each other, leave us alone as we are busy with knitting, basket weaving and reading the King James Bible"    

BTW that one nation being far too dominant already occurs, but I guess other nations now will try to change that, good luck holding onto your ports,

Why oh why do you attack the Spanish again, talk about beating up on the small chap. (Tampico)

Spain violated its treaty. It lost ports. We even gave them a freeby earlier when they "mistakenly"  attacked Corrientes and said ok mistakes happen no big deal. Then it was violated again not long after. The only reason spain is in the situation it is in, is because of REA and the Spanish players, not because of timers or other mechanics. Spain has constantly chosen to dig itself into a hole and then cry broken mechanics in the hopes the devs will alter the game to suit the vocal minority and cover their poor decision making and playing ability.

Edited by Dalriaden

Why oh why do you attack the Spanish again, talk about beating up on the small chap. (Tampico)

Oh hello, i see your Spanish Council Diplo didn't update you on the situation or you were not apart of it. So i will inform you of the agreement YOUR NATION (taking you as spanish) agreed to break.

The agreement that was agreed to while a Neutral 3rd party nation was in the channel and they can confirm this if they like was the following.

• Spain had 1 rouge spanish clan operating from South Cuba attacking Brits, so we were to take south cuba and draw the line at Corrientes to Conttoy.
  • Fleet PVP was allowed but no port attacks
  • Britain would hand over North Yucatan at the end of the week, this was then moved forward to this weekend (5th of March)

Spain broke this by first hitting Corrientes early hours on the 5th for AU guys late night 4th for EU guys, when contacted we were told this was a mistake and we should not worry about it.

When we went to attack Siguana we were met with resistance with 4 spanish clans, again when we contacted the spanish about this, there main diplo from the spanish council claimed he could no longer get the spanish clans to agree on all of this.

Britain went ahead a voided this agreement with the Spanish, and showed them by breaking there agreement like they did has consequences.

Past agreements were always broken by the spanish such as when the RAE attacked Trinidad (they claim that it was in response to Trux being taken when they told us a week before that we could take that).

Jager

Edited due to spelling

Edited by Jager

If you look closely, the article is of a non clan British Cpt.

The Slightly negative feel to the document is probably due to the fact, SPAIN is breaking it peace pacts with Britain.

That is why its not listed. Because they are at war with themselves. Half of EL against RAE and RACC.

Also, many people are talking about Server PvP EU 1.

The focus is not the development but lets play the game like EVE and wipe the map.

So lets look at the Russians.....

The Russian factions of the Pirates/Danes and little Ally Dutch.

Look how their do diplomacy/treaties with the French and Swedish; how did that go?

The US

Wiped out a small french group in the Gulf, the pushed Spain from their Capital and Cuba.

The Britts, 

Holding the center of map and creating narrow fronts for opportunity for new players to grind and old Trafalgar  to PvP and PB.

The SUMMARY is that while the game has no in game Alliance system, or a safety for Nations still having a Safety Area Number of Ports eg 5 around the Capital.

The Big thing we can do out side of the game DEVELOPERS is have the community remember it is an EARLY ACCESS GAME.

Help the game develop, not get your EGO fluffed by having the whole map conquered.   

• Like 1

If you look closely, the article is of a non clan British Cpt.

The Slightly negative feel to the document is probably due to the fact, SPAIN is breaking it peace pacts with Britain.

That is why its not listed. Because they are at war with themselves. Half of EL against RAE and RACC.

Also, many people are talking about Server PvP EU 1.

The focus is not the development but lets play the game like EVE and wipe the map.

So lets look at the Russians.....

The Russian factions of the Pirates/Danes and little Ally Dutch.

Look how their do diplomacy/treaties with the French and Swedish; how did that go?

The US

Wiped out a small french group in the Gulf, the pushed Spain from their Capital and Cuba.

The Britts, 

Holding the center of map and creating narrow fronts for opportunity for new players to grind and old Trafalgar  to PvP and PB.

The SUMMARY is that while the game has no in game Alliance system, or a safety for Nations still having a Safety Area Number of Ports eg 5 around the Capital.

The Big thing we can do out side of the game DEVELOPERS is have the community remember it is an EARLY ACCESS GAME.

Help the game develop, not get your EGO fluffed by having the whole map conquered.   

To expand on this one step further, it highlights a reason there needs to be a change to pirate mechanics (and I don't mean keeping them out of 1st rate ships, I don't care about that) as of right now there is nothing preventing the entire player base from going pirate and capturing all ports and fighting each other for fun outside of whatever national allegiance a player itself has.

Also I guess if someone violates a treaty, multiple times in one day, you should just let it slide. (I think someone has spent to much time studying the Obama style of foreign policy)

Edited by Dalriaden

Zombies aren't Russian

I accept your surrender for Jamacia ...(Clockwise from Capital:  Carlislie, Savanna la Marr, Montego Bay, Saint Anne, Port Antonio and Port Morant), 11 Brains, 7 Kidneys and 3 and 1 half livers.

I will go ask the other 256 Pirates what they want to let you surrender as well. Brb....

On a sidenote, us the spanish clans defending Siguanea, were told A LOT of times by the spanish diplomat that there absolutely NO PACT for the ports of the south of cuba. Since we were told that  we thought that a bit of friendly pvp with our neighbours the Brits wouldnt hurt anyone, but apparently you dont like having some friendly competition.

That being said i wouldnt pretend to leave half a nation outside of an alliance and pretend everyone to do as i say.

On a sidenote; could we stop referring to people's nationality as if it matters? Russian or non Russian. They play the Danish faction.

Would love to, can you give me an accurate head count of the players playing the Danes.

If the Russian players have more than 66% well that is a majority.

If our perception is wrong, I do humbly apologize.

Would love to, can you give me an accurate head count of the players playing the Danes.

If the Russian players have more than 66% well that is a majority.

If our perception is wrong, I do humbly apologize.

While it is possible that the majority of the danish nation is Russian, id just like to mention that some people take great offence in being called something they are not, so you are potentially offending a lot of players when saying things like "the russian factions like the Pirates/Danes", you have to realize that almost every nations(if not everyone) is multi national.

• Like 5

Yes to be clear, this was not a clan affiliated or clan created post. However, As an independent observer I realise that this war would only lead to a pointless level of attrition and misery if we did not realise an understanding that allows limited wars and creates stable policies for the smaller powers. Therefore, I created a draft of terms might firstly end the hostilities, and secondly prove the benevolent intentions of all the powers involved.

As we have seen, blobbing or just mass land grabs have quite simply ruined the game for many Spanish, Swedish and French players due to their now inability to fight or govern in foreign policy. They have merely become horses to get kicked by the larger factions, or puppet states.

This drafted treaty was so that we could have a much more stable and equal Caribbean for all nations involved, and so that each power could have a guide line as to whether the other powers were acting inappropriately or illegally in the eyes of the laws of nations. This treaty was so that the greater powers could perhaps assist in allowing the lesser powers some level of independence and allow them some fun within the confines of their size and ability. So wars could be fought on even, fair and limited terms without nations feeling that their very existence was at stake, and creating a much more pleasant and limited discourse of territorial acquisition.

Again, I was just floating the idea for a long term peace, where each nation knew their place in the Caribbean and could point out their belligerence/illegality of any other nation that crossed the agreed lines.

This draft included concessions by the British of territories they had taken, and also gave the other powers grounds to attack if she sought to once again overextend her might, just as it gave ground for the swedes, French, and Spanish grounds to do so as well in the case of being "ganked.", and effectively allowing nations to realise who were the "bad guys" in foreign affairs.

To say in spirit that this draft is biased, unfair or generally cowardly is simply wrong; Britain could continue to fight on several front for an endless amount of time. But it would achieve bvery little but the continued misery and upset of all involved. the treaty would guarantee the safety of the lesser powers at the expense of Britain and the greater powers, it would concede land and create natural national boundaries at the expense of Britain, and would call in the balance of power for the Caribbean, at the expense of Britain. To call this a one sides treaty is correct, as it is only Britain conceding anything, and all the other powers gaining something in return.

However, it appears that the other greater powers have no intention of allowing the lesser powers some degree of freedom, integrity or stability, and simply wish to crush all those around them for their own personal aims. It appears that other powers, instead of maintaining an honest balance of power, would rather dominate then co-exist , and that talks of "levelling the British tyrant" are mere propaganda in which they themselves wish to use to propel themselves up into the lofty depthys of despotism. It has proven that the other greater powers do not want a balance of power, but want to replace the British as the dominant tyranny of the seas.

When you later go on to write on the forums about Britain as the aggressor, the power monger, the "blobber", I would advise you to remember that some individual British citizens did attempt peace and honest diplomacy among all the powers, and it was other nations, in their desire to blob and crush, that continued the wars, at the expense of all involved.

Hey guys whats up here?

lets all live in peace, i really like this. Just give us all your towns and ships and go back to the old world. The caribeen is property of the free people who decided to become free, to become a "pirate".

It dosnt matter if we are Russians, Germans, Britians, US or other nationalities, the only think that counts, is that we are all free and we fight for it. We dont wanted to be slaves of a monarchys like British, French,Spain,Sweden,Netherlands or others.

I am only one member of a small pirate clan, only a small piece in a big picture, but i am free and i am proud to be free and i will never allow, that a paper made by britains enslaves me, as long as i am able to hold a pistol or a cutlass.

• Like 1

To whom it might concern,

As a captain of a privately owned ship, as well as United Provinces navy commissioned ones, I shall remain active as our contractor wishes. After all entrepeneurship is a Dutch Nation trait and our investors wish to see naught but bountiful cargo being passed through their warehouses.

As such I shall abide to our own guidelines which specifically state that prizes of opportunity and disruption of perceived enemy shipping is to be conducted in the enemy territorial waters. This is limited only by my own code of conduct ( no jumping missions ) which does not include defending poor traders from the depredations of greedy fat lobsters.

Commandeur-Kapitan Hethwill Eskeath

captain of the "Free Macareo Third"

docked at free port île-a-Vache, San Domingo

A nice list but with no effect other than personal choice.

Many role players take it in a different light where personal choice is more important than status quo and I bet the last shipment of rum every privateer captain wishes to deliver a thousand cuts to a enemy nation and have its name on the "infamy" boards and bounty hunting charts.

Other players don't even care about RP, perfectly fine as they are also part of the Open World, Nations and overall game flow.

This is all wishful thinking good sir. Nice try, as much as a 4 pound shot bouncing the side of a pickle.

• Like 1