Game-Labs Forum

PvP 2 The British Aggression against Sweden

Teutonic

Seems France and Sweden may have a common new foe?  Ships flying the union jack have been sighted as far south as Fort Royal, under the guise of a DCA clan tag, engaging French ships - in transgression of prior accords. 

• Like 1

Hello, Britain. What are you up to? We have not chatted lately, but France is friendly with Sweden these days and we seem to have the pirate situation in hand. Perhaps your ships would be better put to use somewhere else?

I understand there are some filthy American pig-dogs running loose around Louisiana. We hear tales of cannibalism and asylum escapees. Perhaps the British Empire could investigate these claims.

RmuqSk7.jpg

• Like 1

I'm honestly confused by the choice of France going chummy with the Swedes, considering France seemed to have something going with the Brits and obviously, Swedes and Brits never were on good terms. You keep telling us Slamz how you had it all planed out, was the Brits walking all over your lands and allies part of the plan?

I'm honestly confused by the choice of France going chummy with the Swedes, considering France seemed to have something going with the Brits and obviously, Swedes and Brits never were on good terms. You keep telling us Slamz how you had it all planed out, was the Brits walking all over your lands and allies part of the plan?

Hey Dutch boy, climb down out of that windmill, slap on a pair of wooden combat boots and get to business. You can read the writing on the wall as well as any of us.

I think its more of us Swedes can not fight a 2 front war and with the collapse of the pirates to our south and the French moving in we have to be friendly with them as the bigger shark is the Brit zerg now in our north! This same zerg poses a problem for the French if we fall, so it is in their best interest to help stop them where they are now also. So all I have to say is:

b0853228cce1f4dec1d02a1f893752b4.jpg

2ffbbe52b183627aadfa96e3f5e46abe.jpg

Edited by Leadtail
  • Like 1

I think the Swedes are tougher allies than some of the British clans anyways.  I am sure a few days of rough handling by the Swedes and OMG will convince more than a few Brits to go elsewhere.  If past trends hold, all you have to do to stop a big clan is to bloody their nose a few times and they seem to lose interest really fast.  

• Like 1

The French/Brit relationship is complicated. Let's review!

The Brits had some ports down in our Southeast with a couple of small guilds that worked down there. We skirmished a few times. In all likelihood we would have had a war with them to push them out of there but the pirates showed up and pretty well settled that matter: the British abandoned ship and the pirates simply PvT'd their ports. So basically, "Thanks, British, for all these pirate ports you basically left us with."

Once we were awash in more pirates than we could shake a croissant at, it made sense to accept any allies we could find. One day a large British guild showed up, wanting to wipe out the pirates and claiming no interest in holding the ports afterward. They would just kick the pirates out, let us take the ports back at our leisure and then we could all get on to fighting bigger foes, such as, perhaps, the United States.

That effort lasted 1 day. After the fight at Aves, the British -- and I don't necessarily blame them for this -- said "we need more levels to fight these people" and they scampered off. Well, ya know, I can feel that. PURGE has no 3rd rate captains yet and it definitely impairs our ability to do deep water battles. The urge to clam up somewhere and grind fleets for a week is strong. So "Thanks for the help (I guess)" to the Brits there. That's twice.

So now they're apparently coming back, which I mostly just think is odd. I'm actually not up on the details of what they are doing but if they're planning to gobble up Sweden then I frown on this.

If I were in charge of British general diplomacy, I would probably pull back out of the Lesser Antilles entirely, focus on the United States and gently nudge everyone else in that direction (if I was in charge of the United States, I would do the same thing, the other way).

Showing up to attack Sweden is mostly just a head-scratcher. Maybe there's history there that I'm unaware of. Why do the British have bad relations with the Swedes? Seems immaterial considering the Swedes own like 10 ports in a tiny part of the map.

And of course there's always a matter of saying things like "Brits" or "United States" or "Pirates" when there is really not much unity in these things. We could be friends with Brits A-M and be at war with Brits N-Z because they have opposite views.

The sweeds fight Brucy, they have less players than numbers of clans going against them.  That's just OMG's kind of tussle and the with the pirates on the ropes and getting cleaned out and the Americans snatching the gulf its not that much of a shocker that we are down going up to helping out our borkish allies.

Now as for why these brit clans would be bothering with 12 swedes that's just because they looking for low hanging fruit.  They are not going to find what they are looking for.

Edited by Poe
  • Like 1

OK..... Lets put an end to this discussion......... we had no prior incentive to attack sweden..... Sweden Declared War On Great Britain.... you can see that in the political info...... were building a border against the swedes....

as was said before.... US is quite clearly the more powerhouse to deal with... but we cant have swedish ships attacking ships in Port Royal....... 

SpChancey - One thing is to defend yourselves - another is to come trolling in French waters, which seem awfully far from your area.  We thought we had an agreement...  Please clarify your intentions to avoid any "misunderstandings".

• Like 1

OK..... Lets put an end to this discussion......... we had no prior incentive to attack sweden..... Sweden Declared War On Great Britain.... you can see that in the political info...... were building a border against the swedes....

as was said before.... US is quite clearly the more powerhouse to deal with... but we cant have swedish ships attacking ships in Port Royal....... 

Unfortunately "that border" included taking Fajardo, East of the Swedish owned San Juan.

we have no qualms with the french .....  this is TCF position i cannot speak for the rest of GB...... 

As it stands right now ..... 

we are neutral with france

we are at war with america and sweden(by their own declaration of war)

I heard that Swedish players were getting attacked, so that is why they "declared war".

SpChancey, please reach out to your countrymen and talk some sense into them.  It would be best if we all focused on the true enemy here: those good for nothing, back stabbing, murderous, under achieving, scallywag gringos.

SpChancey, please reach out to your countrymen and talk some sense into them.  It would be best if we all focused on the true enemy here: those good for nothing, back stabbing, murderous, under achieving, scallywag gringos.

lol

• Like 1

It would be best if we all focused on the true enemy here: those good for nothing, back stabbing, murderous, under achieving, scallywag gringos.

Phew, I thought he was going to be talking about OMG. :P

• Like 1

Purposes and strategic maneuvering aside, the Swedes have been fantastic adversaries to fight with. No trash talking, no gloating. Haven't always been fair fights on both sides, but it has been fun. Props to Sweden, definitely a refreshing break after weeks of fighting foul-mouthed scallywags.

• Like 1

lol....... that may be the case about them getting attacked..... however they declared on all of GB not just SoB the aggressors..... and when were finished showing the swede's who we are.. then well be going back to them

HAHA we know why you are here, you are afraid of the US, again all I have to say is

24bb40af3cbbfe823a615ccbcdb8aced.jpg

524d7bdaf4f97ef74443b5cd7acc2f5b8cedfcf9

• Like 3