Game-Labs Forum

skirmishers

Immelmann

huh.  i find them pretty useless.  i mean 190 guys do not hang around long.  i usually just have them sit on my starting VP locations.  that damnable union cav. has snuck behind me before!  lmao

thanx for the reply though

peace and blue skies!

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like they have a longer range than regular infantry, always seem to run, and can shoot at artillery positions from outside of canister range. They also seem quite useful using the Fallback command to harass advancing infantry which can be very useful. 

• 6 months later...

skirmishers are good in close combat, against cavalry and artillery, charging.

anyway to deploy in first line, maybe better as reserve ready to go in first line when enemy suffered a certain amount of casualties.

number is irrilevant, if well covered and high morale.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I assume you are speaking of deployed Skirmisher units. Skirmisher units are used to slow down enemy advances. Covered brigade retreats. Provided scouting in the immediate vicinity of the brigade. Provided screening action to your Armies immediate flanks. They do not take as much damage as regular brigades do because of their nature in using terrian in their benefit. They Excel at flanking engaged enemy brigades. Do yourself a favor and look at the killed and dead stats of your Skirmisher unit. Specialized Skirmisher brigades are different. They must be micro managed but used in the same Manor for the most part. Also using a mass of deployed Skirmishers can stop enemy brigades from advancing especially when using cover.

Edited by srgoens