Game-Labs Forum

Yet another pirate revamp thread

Sorry I know there are a million threads on this already. I have a pretty good analytic mind and a lot of experience in gaming (31 years of hardcore gaming) and well, when I play a game I play it to the fullest and I really like to take part in the process of early access.

I'll present these as a list to easier reference:

1. Remove the pirate "nation"

2. Make "pirate" a status, one that is triggered by hostile actions to your own nation. We could call it infamy and make it so that your status/renown as a pirate slowly spreads based on how many hostile actions you have and perhaps slowly deteriorates over time. This infamy level would increase your chances of being detected/identified as a pirate within your nation or any other nations (the infamy level could be per-nation).

3. Any player can fly any flag they want (needs to be collected from a captured ship), but doing so is considered as an act of infamy. Being detected with a flag that is not your own would increase infamy. Eventually, it would be impossible or very hard to hide as a national.

4. Have a pardon system where a pirate player pays a hefty sum to suspend his infamy level, allowing him to be a national again, without penalty. If the player commits any more infamy while pardoned, he will return as a pirate and his infamy will be restored to what it was before the pardon.

5. Add for players and AI the ability to inspect a player to see if they are "legit" nationals. The chance of this happening would increase with rank and possibly some upgrades (we could have a "fake papers" upgrade or "national army uniforms" upgrade that decreases the chance of getting caught) and would also decrease with the rank of the pirate player. The infamy level of the pirate player would on the other hand increase the chance of the player being detected.

6. Pirate players can also pass as neutrals, docking, trading, etc. with other nations but with the same detection system. The prices they pay at these out-of-nation ports could be inflated.

7. Pirate players could "raise the black" during fights and attack fellow players/AI without attracting/allowing reinforcements. The reinforcement system is somewhat logical for enemy fleets, but pirates would pass incognito and not raise alarms so reinforcements would not be there in time.

This whole system would allow everyone to be a pirate once in a while, or dedicate their lives to it. It would allow pirate players to act as pirates, ganking here and there, actually effectively disrupting without the ability to take ports. It would also allow pirates to act as smugglers/spies, infiltrating other nations temporarily and stealthily.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Nice ideas  Antwoord.

Unfortunately, nothing so creative will happen for the "pirate nation".

The game will not change so quickly, believe me...

Me too, 500h of waiting to play as a pirate...

so boring grind machine the game right now....