Game-Labs Forum

Danemark the new Powerblock?

Mored

There are people on all sides that find themselves unhappy with the idea of peace, whatever their reason, and many of us have chosen to continue the fight. Whether we do so for honour, for glory, or for the sheer joy of combat, many of us yet stand tall.

You left off my favorite reason to fight...Being a Sociopath!

• Like 2

Lol, u know that brits are the zerg, right? And danes aren't even in top 3 populated nations on the server?

Zerg in a game where battles are limited to 25 on each side? If you cant defend a port because of a blockade it just means you failed to plan properly when it came to port defense and don't deserve it.

Zerg in a game where battles are limited to 25 on each side? If you cant defend a port because of a blockade it just means you failed to plan properly when it came to port defense and don't deserve it.

Who said anything about port defense?

And yet u're wrong. It's very messy with this instance system when 1 player can get 10+ ships BEFORE PB into battle just to distract them from PB - it's not realistic. Was it so in reality that 1 fregate could make 10 line ships being out of PB?

• Like 1

Yes, just because a nation has a larger fleet doesn't mean they are the devil. I noticed the Pirates attacked Saint Marc's last night and took it. The point from 'assault on st Marc's has begun' or whatever it says to 'pirates capture st Marc's' was about 10 minutes, 15 at most. I wonder how many British ships managed to get into battle.

There are ways that a smaller adversary can fight you know, so all this pony about the British being some great grotesque sea creature funny to me.

Although I strongly agree with Immundissime about the whole ships being dragged into battle in u realistic circumstances. I mean in reality screening squadrons could trade shots with incoming fleets but if a ship of the line wanted to get to part they'd get passed frigates, not without suffering damage but I'm sure they could do it.

Edited by Morey
  • Like 2

That great lumbering beast that is the Britsh also lost El Soco to the Pirates mainly because we didn't have enough to mount a defence at three ports at once what with the late hour and the fact that the player base has dwindled so far it's made there was 497 on line when the Pirates launched thier Attack they even had a Danish screening fleet covering Bani last night.

• Like 1

Who said anything about port defense?

And yet u're wrong. It's very messy with this instance system when 1 player can get 10+ ships BEFORE PB into battle just to distract them from PB - it's not realistic. Was it so in reality that 1 fregate could make 10 line ships being out of PB?

One frigate can't attack 10 line ships, the BR is to high...and I guess it's absolutely impossible to plan for a screening force and how to break through...lol.

Edited by Dalriaden
  • Like 1

As Foreign Minister of Vest Indiske Escadre, now known as VIE. I must say that I find it amusing beeing called a powerblock.
However, Let us give ourselves some credit. We have no matter what the Swedes want to call it, forced them into silence. Let them post pictures of captured ships. It's the only thing they can ever do. We have reached out to France and treated our friends with respect, and been given respect in return. We have, even if it might be fragile, peace in the east. You have some minor issues with a few Swedish renegades, but they are more like the little brother that keeps poking you until you give him a proper beating and it stopps again for a while. He has to grow up before he can really hurt you, and it don't seem like they gonna grow up any time soon.

We most certainly not a powerblock. For that we simply don't have the numbers. But a nation that can influence the politics in the west Indies? Most definately yes.

Edited by admin
  • Like 1

Did you actually call all of Sweden Attentions whores?

Most certainly that was not my intention. However it has been brought to my attention a group of DRUNKEN sailors that keep claiming all minor skirmishes a major victory.

However both you and me Meraun know that that is all this tiny band of bandits are. DRUNKEN attention whores.

I hope that answered all of your questions.

Most certainly that was not my intention. However it has been brought to my attention a group of DRUNKEN sailors that keep claiming all minor skirmishes a major victory.

However both you and me Meraun know that that is all this tiny band of bandits are. DRUNKEN attention whores.

I hope that answered all of your questions.

Don't be sailing any unguarded Bellona's around ;)

• Like 2