Game-Labs Forum

Danemark the new Powerblock?

Mored

With their Vasalls Sweden and French  and their allied Netherland friends ,Danemark has become equal or more powerful than the Britains. Will they continue to spread their seed of destruction to the west now?

This becomes more and more interesting. Will the Britains who declared them as enemys surrender and make a non aggression pakt with them?

Lets see how this will end but for now , whats your opinion?

• Like 1

Fear have big eyes. Sweden still are your marionettes. Don't know about France, but i didn't heard anything about they intention to become our vassals instead of brits vassals. You still have hatchlings and nests, relax.

France is no-man's vassal. France is free and for first time since that exhausting war began - France has a chance to choose. And France will choose - and it will choose what is the best for France. Not less - and not more.

• Like 4

I am just a humble traveller sir but the information gathered from hear say, especially when sailing through the black flag territories, do tell of a Great Britain build up. Surely no nation spends time and resources on powerful fleets just to sit at anchor.

As I said... a most humble captain circumventing the territories.

A gentleman walks through the dank and squalid backstreets of a once flourishing Fort Royal. The recently ended war has taken its toll. Prices are sky high and everywhere men, women and children are cowering in doorways holding out their hands, palms skyward. The gentleman has a brisk pace, confident in his stride as he walks towards the docks. His long foul weather cloak open, streams behind him and his sword, an expensive gift from an old friend swings at his side.

He stops to regard a young homeless, coughing woman with a young child. Both with sallow pinched skin and sunken eyes. He kneels in front of them taking a large handful of bread from his pocket and hands it to the woman. He then takes a juicy ripe apple and hands it to the child. The woman's eyes start to sparkle with tears. 'God bless you monsieur', she says, 'Merci'. The gentlemen stands up straight, 'thank Les Abaissé madam'. He bends back down handing her a red arm band before standing and smiling. He tips his hat before turning to stride off towards the cutter that would transport him to his warship and the long voyage into dangerous waters, leaving the young woman with a confused look on her face but admiring the bright red arm band now worn on her upper arm. She notices others in the street with the same article of clothing. A smile spreads across her face.

Edited by Morey
  • Like 5

Second day of March, report concerning a encounter with a pirate vessel in sight of Baracoa.

Having set sail from Key West, where the Continentals were extremely welcome to my crew presence, we proceed deep into what is known as Black Reaches, pirate territory. It is our intention to establish a outpost in La Tortue to complement the recent establishment at Île-a-Vache.

No sooner than the sun raised we were hailed and approached by a vessel flying no nation flag. A long black and white hull featuring more than two scores of guns on a broadside.

We decidedly threw ourselves to the wind in a good position to, at least, try to gain time and exchange messages about their intentions.

A few shots from the interceptor's stern chasers put the entire crew at an uneasy pace and cursing between their teeth why did we sail with the brig and not the more powerful ladies. I calmly explain them that our intentions are not to engage but to explore and establish a new base of operations. They are good lads and been a part of our endeavour since the "Hyena" with many of them being veterans of the "Aardwolf" they return to their posts and stand ready again with confidence.

The exchange of messages was interesting. This black flag vessel was quite intrigued to see a united provinces privateer sailing through black seas. We explained our intentions and these were hailed with reserved enthusiasm. In return the pirate captain informed us of continuous raids from the Royal Navy and a strong build up of ships of the line. He could not be more specific but he could account for at least three brand new 1st rates...

( As such they must be preparing 1st rate and 3rd rate fleets for a in depth campaign from both West and East... )

We went our separated ways hoping to see each other again in better and more profitable circumstances while preying upon rich and fat British captains and trustful harmless traders.

Hethwill Eskeath, Kommandeur Kaptain

UPP "Aardwolf Prince"

With their Vasalls Sweden and French  and their allied Netherland friends ,Danemark has become equal or more powerful than the Britains. Will they continue to spread their seed of destruction to the west now?

This becomes more and more interesting. Will the Britains who declared them as enemys surrender and make a non aggression pakt with them?

Once again we ae forced to state the Sweden is NOBODY'S Vassal. We have a Non attack agreement with Danemark. this is it.

We do not Trade with them, we do not talk to them, we do not take any orders from them.

Sweden has one real Ally: France- That's it.

Relationship to Britain is .... complicated due their try to bring a Civil War to Sweden.

French and Swedish navies fought bravely. They are now a part of a commonwealth. Common. Wealth.

And the biggest prize still lies untouched...

Sweden is no Part of any Commonwealth.

Edited by Meraun
  • Like 2

Hence the omission of the capital C.

*** In truth word and written word and the way it was proffered and written was of ultimate importance back in the day, so it is a quirk of mine to keep it that way ***

• Like 1

If there is a grand alliance against Britain, do not worry, our fleets await you. :) if sailing the odd ship past port royal where you have the entire open ocean to approach from and flee to makes you feel powerfull then this might be easier than we expected.

• Like 1

If there is a grand alliance against Britain, do not worry, our fleets await you. :) if sailing the odd ship past port royal where you have the entire open ocean to approach from and flee to makes you feel powerfull then this might be easier than we expected.

This remarks deserve a thread of their own... ;)

Considering the very long list of butchered Danish ships over the last 3 days due to their incursions around Ile-a-Vache - I think not.

But please, do keep coming, the XP has been much appreciated. <3

Edited by Richmuel UK
  • Like 1

Firstly Britain has never had ANY vassals.  We have friends and allies.

When you conquer people and call it a commonwealth, sounds like spin to me....

Ohh and defending Kingston/PR, britain is a big place at the moment and a lot of the clans are not camping our capital.  We are off in different parts of our empire.   

We are awaiting your push west, and are welcoming it!  We are all playing this game so we can shoot at each other aint we?

If we werent, we would be on the icky PVE server...*shudders in fear*

• Like 3

With their Vassals Sweden and French  and their allied Dutch friends ,Danmark has become equal or more powerful than the Britains. Will they continue to spread their seed of destruction to the west now?

This becomes more and more interesting. Will the Britains who declared them as enemies surrender and make a non aggression pact with them?

In regards to the highlighted part, all i can think of is the following and dw i will be listening to this during the up coming fights with the danes.

BRITONS NEVER NEVER WILL BE SLAVES!!!!!!

:D  maybe i'm just to British

I notice that danish warships now frequently roam outside Port Royal in jamaica. Can the british defend its own waters?

In all seriousness who actually camps and roams there captial ports except people new to the game? Are you Danes really that bad at PVP that you hunt Newbies Brits all day  :P?

p.s. please note that this is general banter from me and not a voice of AUSEZ

Edited due to spelling mistakes

Edited by Jager

Seeing how the war went overall, and how quickly it ended the moment the initial stalemates were broken, it saddens my heart to say that the British likely have very little to fear from this supposed Commonwealth.

And as was pointed out by the honourable Hethwill, Kommandeur Kaptain: "Common. Wealth." The latter of which seems to be more the concern of my countrymen, in particular. Time will tell I suppose.

• Like 2

Here is no such thing as "Vassals" in Naval Action, how exactly would you press Sweden or France to do your bidding? Exactly you can't, because it is still *insert shocking gasp here* a Videogame! So pleaaase would you relax for awhile... Denmark was and is strong and has many capable Players in it's ranks with much Time on their hands. But the are either as strong (in numbers) as the british nor are the able (and willing i guess) to wipe out any Nations. Sweden for oince is quite familiar withe a Situation where it only holds Gustavia (as in the late Alpha) and it is not the end of the world or for Sweden for that matter.

Xoosch, although everything you say is absolutely right, please keep in mind that many players like to roleplay on the forum, and although we all know that France and Sweden isn't literally a vassal, saying such things is good for role play propaganda and the like.

Sorry if I seem so condescending sir, just want to point that out.

• Like 5

Unfortunately for the Dutch, a few forum posts don't make you a power.

The dutch fleet is powerfull and well prepared. i have the most respect from the well know DAS and BOAT clans.

they r organised and efficient. Each PB i made vs them was a real challenge.

• Like 1

Their "commonwealth" can't even fully subdue the conquered, what does Britain have to fear other then the chance of internal strife destroying this so called commonwealth before having the opportunity to hear the song of fully winded sails and the roar of cannons and men? My hats are off to the Drunken and all who refuse to bow to tyranny and stand tall in the face of an overwhelming force, some of us in Britain eagerly await for news from these brave sailors and plot ways to render assistance. 

Edited by Dalriaden
  • Like 2