Game-Labs Forum

Chat Banned limitations

So I just recently got chat banned. Don't know which comments caused it or how long (I assume 7 days).

HOWEVER, that is not what this is about. This thread is because While talking on TS with another chat banned player and negotiating a ship sale, we realized there is no way to open a trade window.

Even with the other player in clan or on friend's list, you cannot open a trade. Not only can you not open a trade, you cannot send mail or submit bug reports. The only way around this is to have a third party which is not chat banned that you trust to make the trade.

So, as per the thread title, chat ban limitations I've noticed are:

1- Cannot trade if 2 players are chat banned (there is no way to trade unless using chat)

2- Cannot submit bug reports while chat banned (Forces players to use forums to submit a bug report for the duration)

3- Chat ban doesn't limit just global/nation/ help/etc, it bans ALL forms of communication; clan, PM, Bug Report, etc (Not sure if its intentional or not, but being unable to submit bug reports seems an oversight).

• Like 1

While I understand the reasoning behind chat bans, to have a chat ban break basic components of the game such as player to player trade, or bug reports makes no sense. I am sure there is a way to fix this, such as adding a "trade" button on the drop down when right clicking a player on friends list. As for the bug reporting, the problem seems to be in the fact that all typed messages regardless of where or what they are for are limited (bug report is being treated as a chat window)

The answer of "don't get chat banned" is also extremely unhelpful and helps no one.

As someone who has been playing/testing the game for quite a while now, I felt something like this should be noted. Chat ban or not.

While I understand the reasoning behind chat bans, to have a chat ban break basic components of the game such as player to player trade, or bug reports makes no sense. I am sure there is a way to fix this, such as adding a "trade" button on the drop down when right clicking a player on friends list. As for the bug reporting, the problem seems to be in the fact that all typed messages regardless of where or what they are for are limited (bug report is being treated as a chat window)

The answer of "don't get chat banned" is also extremely unhelpful and helps no one.

As someone who has been playing/testing the game for quite a while now, I felt something like this should be noted. Chat ban or not.

Good point. Question for admin is whether these are unintended consequences or something they thought through in the chat ban process. Although the limitation on trade should be rare, how many times are 2 chat banned players going to be trading? I would hope that situation won't come up often.

• Like 1