Game-Labs Forum

Sailing Movies

Destraex

• 2 weeks later...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=j21t1i_SiKI

okay here we go the dutch are comming for you all. This is the hero this is Michiel de Ruyter the movie comming out soon the man who showe the Brits not to mess whit the netherlands treu story. the man who brought the stern of the channelship of the brittisch navy to the national museum (RIJKSMUSEUM) in the netherlands where it is on display at an wall. awsome looking forward to watching this sorry it is in dutch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I gave up watching Black Sails because there was very little sailing. But I understand that there is more sailing scenes in the storm episodes. Perhaps it is worth giving it another go.

Anyone one know which episodes have more that a few minutes of sailing?

I gave up watching Black Sails because there was very little sailing. But I understand that there is more sailing scenes in the storm episodes. Perhaps it is worth giving it another go.

Anyone one know which episodes have more that a few minutes of sailing?

Season 1 is very cold. Pretty much an intro to all the characters.

Combat snips are quite well thought of and you have quite a few as much as with sailing with chases, maneuvers, etc in the follow ups.

It gets much better later on... Season 3 is especially great, with big storm in the first episode (better than the one in Master and Commander...),while last episode of Season 3 is like a dream come true... with large land and sea battle, with Blackbeard leading a fleet of pirates against British ships...  

Thanks for the replies. Sounds good. Black sails goes Naval. Cool. Does season 2 have lots of sailing and ship scenes or is it almost all drama and land based stuff?

If anyone is especially keen and can list the specific episodes that have lots of sailing it would be helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

so, I saw Admiral yesterday. DAMN fine movie. just a bit annoyed with all the subtitles. seems to me, De Ruyter was ill used, tho he was still brilliant. and Tromp pulling out of line like that provided for an unexpected advantage. the CGI was just incredible, and seeing that first battle as De Ruyters wife climbed the dike, was just O.M.F.G., as were the following battles. well worth seeing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...