Game-Labs Forum

PVP2 - A dark day for pirates

Lord_Smily

i must say this thread has made me laught so hard.

here are some simple facts

1. Pirates overwelmed the the French defenses and took all our lands with minimal ristance till they attempted to take us on in a shallow port.

2. Priates numbers were at least 5 for every frenchman and i figure still close to 3 to 1 currently

3.the French had no 3rd rates and roughtly only 4 people who could feild conys. quite a few of us had not even got to cerbies... 

4.the french tried to fight back the weekend before last and was totaly crushed even with 2 other nations helping us. (brits &  Dutch)

5. Pirates started a massive port take over op which involved attacking perdy then as soon as we defended that they would cap 2 or 3 other ports at same time. 

6. part of the port take over was staged at times french were not on. (6 ports taken just before server reset)

7. the french were a impovished nation and could not afford to recap ports that would only get recaped again why we defended perdy...

8. because France Changed tactics to a more Ristance based style of play our levels increased fast due to the double xp and gold from PVP. this also allowed us to earn cash. 

9. The French People pulled togeather due to this Siege of our waters and worked towards 1 goal. Leveling and getting the ships to take  back our own waters.

10. when france changed tactics the pirates started to get pissed that we were acting like pirates and would not leave them to PVE or trade in peace... (lol your the agressors what did u expect.)

11. one of the bigist french clans 18E had to disbane and reform becoming stronger from it but causeing 3 days of total disorginsation mid pirate offensive.

12. once OMG saw that france had a backbone and priates did not they decided to change over to the underdog for some garenteeed PVP action.

i kinda dis agree with alot of my fellow french i still feel we are a underdog even with OMG joining we are only marginly bigger then the dutch... but what we do have is a hardened french core who is used to adveristy of having there home port under constant state of seige.

our newbies have had to learn under the harsh condistions that the pirates seem to be complaining. personaly i only been in this game 2 and a bit  weeks i joined of the week the pirates realy started the major port take overs. i saw MANY french lose hope and reroll as pirates... under these condistions i stayed with the french and after only 1 week (yes i work) i had my cerby ready for deep water battles.  

so yea the pirates were kicking our butts but the french grited down and did our best to get our players to get as high a lvl ship as they could man. 

daily we had to deal with french players getting depressed that we had no ports and thinking of rerolling another side. but we also started to get more players seeking out PVP that only the french could provide. our numbers swelled and those numbers rushed to get into cerbies so they could help our nation surive. we had to bide our time till we had enought guys in higher end ships so we could do a counter attack.

i can say with certainty had OMG not joined the french we still would have countered attacked this comming weekend... so the fact OMG speed up my schedule by a week was awsome but we were still coming...

the fact you complain about us hitting you during a off time period is a joke you did that even with your massive numbers. we french grited out teeth and bared it.... 

We then counter attacked you guys during your prime time and recovered 2 ports... please dont give us crap about fighting you when you were not there because when you were there we still had the balls to take you on.

hell we had complaints from pirates that we were cheating in open sea PVP just because we were taking down 1 ship at a time instead of being unorgnized... truly guys MAN THE HELL UP.

we French are not gods we are still one of the smaller factions player wise and port wise. u dont see us attacking 3 ports at 1 time do u?

so less complaining and more fighting ok...

as the old adage says

if it is too hot in the kitchen then get out...

Edited by mandrake

A few points:

1. I'm one of the reinforcements/turncoats/traders (or whatever else we've been called) and I would like to say that I would never have considered flipping to the French if not for the fact that they held on to Pedernales, onslaught after onslaught. When a small minority of players can hold their ground so fiercely that their stronger opponents have to come onto the forums to complain that the game is broken, man! That really puts a smile on my face. The French earned my respect, and believe me it was not easy to move all that stuff from Mortimer town to join a side that I knew was weaker and had no idea how it would play out. (we still don't know the fate of the French in the long-run)
  2. The French are people determined to survive and will not be swayed by faction population. Pirates had the population, but did not seem interested in survival. (exception made for the small minority of the pirate faction who remain in the Bahamas squeezed between the Brits and US, the two largest factions on PVP US)
  3. Attrition is very achievable in the game. Sink enough frigates using brigs and eventually people stop wanting to bring their frigates into battle and losing them to 'weaker' opponents. That puts them on equal footing with you, and that's when they're really screwed.
  4. Battling NPCs whose ships are bigger, by grinding in missions, does not always prepare you for combat with lower ranked captains who have taken the time to get to know their ships, even if those ships are smaller than yours. Sure, NPC's get a boost in ship performance, which makes them unnecessarily tough opponents at first, but they do not think like human opponents and are fairly easy to manipulate into screwing up maneuvers.
Edited by ajffighter86

http://imgur.com/WjoICzq

Another stalwart defense.   Not shown here is the sterling work of Bach, Sam, and one OMG guy who managed to kill three undercrewed third rates in their two frigates and a snow.  Vive la France!

That OMG guy eventually got run over by a Cerberus, but yeah the rake kill count was something like 200 crew before his reign of stern-camping terror ended. Not bad for a guy in a Renommee against a 3rd rate. Good play by the Cerberus captain as well. If small ships don't protect the sterns of big ships, it condemns them to death. (or at least, very long reload times)

If you're talking about OMG Sunshine and his part in the port battle, let it be known that he cheated and used a ship of equal size against the 3rd rates, and it would never have been possible without OMG Big Boss weakening them first, before sacrificing himself for the cause.

EDIT: Oh you're talking about Poe in the battle outside. Well, I guess he did okay. I'm sure the other French players were mostly responsible for that victory, the self-destructing snow especially. :P

EDIT 2: But seriously, looking at those battle results and the types of ships in the battle, and not knowing anything about PVP US, who would you guess were the nationals, and who were the pirates? (I guess the ranks listed give the answer away)

The French know their smaller ships. They've been forced to use them for much longer than the Lesser Antilles pirates who grinded their way up so fast they skipped some lessons.

Edited by ajffighter86

Just because someone has to move iron around once in a while doesn't make him a trader. Especially not a trader to his own team. What if it's his iron, for personal use??

We're talking about Poe. I'm pretty sure it was full load of hemp. For medicinal purposes.

Ya, I stumbled through that battle (got 2962 xp, my highest yet) but managed to survive.

That Snow was the MVP.

That under crewed 3rd rate rush was something, I kinda wish it had worked just for the lolz factor.

Edited by Poe