Game-Labs Forum

Ideas for Serverwipe (if it comes)

for the server wipe (if it comes) you could probably give everyone the best ship he can sail fully manned. but as a basic ship and with only 1-2 Durability left. or just let them have their best fully manned ship that they got in stock with only 1-2 Dura left and turned into a basic one.

for the server wipe (if it comes) you could probably give everyone the best ship he can sail fully manned. but as a basic ship and with only 1-2 Durability left. or just let them have their best fully manned ship that they got in stock with only 1-2 Dura left and turned into a basic one.

Define "Best"?

Last thing I want is definitive "Best" ships in this game...

how about decent ship across the board that way those who are high lvl can start some where and those who are not can still have a ship once they get there

Yah I'm switching over to the US server from the EU now that it's getting more busy and trying to grind up gold with only small battles and random fights in a basic cutter when your way higher rank than that kinda sucks.  Oh and you don't get your BP you learned across servers, just your rank in crafting.  So that sucks too.

Yah I'm switching over to the US server from the EU now that it's getting more busy and trying to grind up gold with only small battles and random fights in a basic cutter when your way higher rank than that kinda sucks.  Oh and you don't get your BP you learned across servers, just your rank in crafting.  So that sucks too.

The crafting bp issue should be much less of a problem with the coming patch if you are a high level it will take little effort to get back to where you were.

I have also wondered how this will be done if a wipe happens and most likely will. i think like someone already suggested an announcement going out 1 week before complete wipe stating a list of instructions i.e. '' all players wishing to keep a selected ship must have it docked at nation capitol or all will be lost''.

one ship per player and all on server given 50,000 gold to pay for repair kits etc. That is more then enough to get people going, i think its fair enough and dose not stop anyone dead in game. all else gets wiped clean. with anything like this big clan will hold the power over the map but this cant be helped no matter which way you look into it because a full wipe would lose the game a lot of client base if not straight away soon after due to the very hard grind that would follow.

just my opinion.

I would say all you lose is your outposts and what you have in them. You can keep 5 ships at the capital and all you have in your warehouse.

Maybe a gold cap like 500k but nothing below a 100k.

Otherwise you will have the clans with their high end players back up and running their 3rd rates in a matter of days.

And the casual players and smaller clans will need a couple of weeks before they are back where they were.

If you do the above you would tone down the power of the top tier players without harming these players that have been grinding missions around PR just to buy their first snow.

It will just be a race to see who can bring up the most 3rd rates and above the fastest, so the nation with the biggest clan will be able to do the most damage in the early days.