Game-Labs Forum

Should the pirate faction have a name change?

Should we have a name change for pirates to a proper nation?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Should we change the pirate nation name to that of a proper nation.

• Yes
    • No

It's pretty obvious pirates in game are not really pirates, but a nation with a black flag.

There are other nations mentioned players would like to see( Portugal for ex)

Should pirates have their name changed to a proper nation?

Edited by Justme

A simple solution for a complex issue. As it stands, yes pirates are just another nation. Complaining about it won't do anything though. We need the devs to start taking part in the conversations and discussions about Pirates and the Pirate mechanic. They unfortunately have yet to do this :/

Not complaining, just what I think is a viable solution until the developers decide if they actually want pirates in the game as unique mechanic.

Imho Pirate mechanics or everything regarding them is definetely going to change in the near future so it won't be "just another nation with a black flag".Cleary other critical mechanics regarding gameplay are more important at this stage.This game has been realeased as early access for a couple of months if am not mistaken.The open world itself is very young.So i don't see why this is such a big thing.All we need is patience.You can't expect that much from such a small team in such a short time.

I find the topic of this post extremely upsetting and arrogant.

Maybe they should change all nation names to fictional ones?  Why not? It's the same as what you're proposing here.

Hardly the same thing. I was not aware of any pirate nation that could build SOL's, captured major ports, and had a functioning government with ambassadors, borders, parliament( or equivalent ) etc.

The fact that you treat pirates as a real nation is upsetting and arrogant, as well a beyond laughable.

Hardly the same thing. I was not aware of any pirate nation that could build SOL's, captured major ports, and had a functioning government with ambassadors, borders, parliament( or equivalent ) etc.

The fact that you treat pirates as a real nation is upsetting and arrogant, as well a beyond laughable.

And i dont know of any US or British captains that took the kings ship and did anything they wanted including owning and running thier own outpost selling to the enemy all while in the military service of a empire. In fact to make the national players more real i think they should get daily random orders to gaurd a port somewhere and if they dont they are arrested and jailed. Plus all goods they get from sunken capture ship should be turned over to the king or president. You should only receive your military pay plus bonuses.

I mean we want to be historical right.

Edited by Mrdoomed
  • Like 1

@Justme : as you wish realism you can give up everything you catch from IA to admiralty. As well that is non-sense to use that argument (except that you use it in your profit). Indeed you are gaining gold from firing to ships... that has never existed

Let us also factor in the 12.5% share of the prize money that went to the commanding admiral. And prize money must be shared with all allied ships in sight of the prize.