Game-Labs Forum

Moderator taking sides + open positions

Dear, Administration - i would like to join moderators team. Have moderating experience on several gaming-related forums: gtamania.ru, enbdev.com, ap-pro.ru; and social media pages (cant share their names in public). Main language - Russian, secondary - English, Currently im playing on EU3 mirror. +3GTM Timezone.

Edited by buccaneer

to whom it may concern.

I would really like to have moderator position. I've been an active board member for 4 years on the biggest Norwegian gaming community Battlefield.no, and I am still a member of their "Council", a group of 10-12 persons that gives advice and reminds the board of purpose of the community.

I am an officer of VIE, the largest international Danish-Norwegian clan, and main diplomat there.
Currently I am playing on PVP 1, and my timezone is GMT +1.

I have a degree as Master Mariner in real life so I am probably one of the few here that can actually call myself a Captain ;)
Also as a sailor, I have lots of sparetime when home to be productive for the entire community.

yours truly
Herminator.

• Like 1

to whom it may concern.

I would really like to have moderator position. I've been an active board member for 4 years on the biggest Norwegian gaming community Battlefield.no, and I am still a member of their "Council", a group of 10-12 persons that gives advice and reminds the board of purpose of the community.

I am an officer of VIE, the largest international Danish-Norwegian clan, and main diplomat there.

Currently I am playing on PVP 1, and my timezone is GMT +1.

I have a degree as Master Mariner in real life so I am probably one of the few here that can actually call myself a Captain ;)

Also as a sailor, I have lots of sparetime when home to be productive for the entire community.

yours truly

Herminator.

"Recruitment

We are looking for volunteer mods across all timezones for

• PVP 2 USA
  • PVP 3 EU
  • PVE 1 USA"

As far as I know Herminator is that you play in pvp 1 :)?

I believe you need a hard man. With plenty of bans given under his belt. And back in the day, for those oldies out there, as one of the first mods on a game called Runescape. And who, when drunk, would log in and mute all of Varrock because he likes to have everyone just listen to him ranting about his favorite football club who managed to loose again, like today. :/

Well, dont look any further. I am the guy you are looking for! :lol:

"it is ok if you comment on that without personal attacks he is also not allowed to troll you and might lose his position because of that"

Fine, but where do you draw the line? The more I get into the game the more I like to role play a bit. There have been occasions where I have, in good humour, called a fleeing french captain an ´amphibian brained field-hand´, for example. It was technically a personal insult, but I don´t think any player that isn´t a humourless sourpuss would want to censor any such banter.

Edited by Callaghan
  • Like 2

"it is ok if you comment on that without personal attacks he is also not allowed to troll you and might lose his position because of that"

Fine, but where do you draw the line? The more I get into the game the more I like to role play a bit. There have been occasions where I have, in good humour, called a fleeing french captain an ´amphibian brained field-hand´, for example. It was technically a personal insult, but I don´t think any player that isn´t a humourless sourpuss would want to censor any such banter.

http://www.wiredstar.com/NAInsults

While your insult is not on the list, I'd say it is in the spirit of allowed insults.  That said, I can neither give you permission nor promise you won't be punished for not using the "approved" insult list.

Back to the topic now please.

Moderator have too much power in forum and inside discussion. They are trying control our community to their own profit. Deleting message which are not good for their nation. This is disgusting!

Ofcourse not all of them, but many...

I have reviewed your recent hidden posts.  Every single one of them was a violation of the forum rules, or was off topic for the thread in which you were posting.  Please remain on topic, do not discuss real life history or politics outside of the History forum, and remain respectful at all times.  Thank you.

• Like 4

I spend most of my time on PVP 3 EU

• In real life i am a Customer service rep anyway, so used to having a thick skin, and wielding an appropriate hammer as and when required or slapping someone with a fish-head as appropriate.

I would love to aid in being a mod,  though i suspect you wont take me as i dont have many forum posts 

I spend most of my time on PVP 3 EU

• In real life i am a Customer service rep anyway, so used to having a thick skin, and wielding an appropriate hammer as and when required or slapping someone with a fish-head as appropriate.

I would love to aid in being a mod,  though i suspect you wont take me as i dont have many forum posts 

You never know..... maybe they are looking an watching to see how this plays out....

Having mods censor curses and sexual language is fine. Having another player arbitrarily define trolling in a competitive game is a recipe for failure. It may work with a community that's small. Sooner or later your going to have a lot of complaints from people upset with certain other players given the power of censorship.

I was told by a mod to stop trolling for saying "someone is mad on the interwebz" after a player in global chat said "f" this game. Except they didn't say "F".

There are also cases of mods in clans over-applying the rules towards people in rival clans. Its clearly demonstrable because these same mods will ignore other violations of the same or worse.

It's a crap program.

There are no unbiased "players". They may pretend to be so to get the job but each and every one will abuse the power if the person is doing something they dislike or the motive is there.

You have an ignore function and a chat log for the worst offenses. You do not need in game chat controlled and sterilized by mods.

It also seems twisted that the games admin uses the f bomb and prick on the forums while demanding a player base refrain from taunts and rivalry driven jabs.

Edited by Sea Nettle
  • Like 4

Cpt_Shade 

Rear Admiral

PVE

I have a lot of knowledge of in game mechanics and just hit Rear Admiral. Looking forward to the development of this game and will help anyway i can. Willing to help new players and keep chat clean. Leader of the largest clan on PVE USA called American continental navy (ACN). I play about 8 hours a day. Now that I'm max rank this will also give me something to do while new content is released. Thank you for your consideration.

Before you consider taking anyone as a moderator, you need to consider the fact that El Capitano one of the guys in PVP 2 USA is a zerg herder that makes his clanmates verbally harass or abuse people whenever they don't do what he commands them to or declines their clan invite and harasses you with every chance he gets because he is too afraid to speak to you in private 1 on 1 chat and then will only trashtalk people he does not like in public chat, this is why I changed from PVP 2 USA to GB, and oh his clan management skills are very lacking and even considered tyrannical(USS clan).

Before you consider taking anyone as a moderator, you need to consider the fact that El Capitano one of the guys in PVP 2 USA is a zerg herder that makes his clanmates verbally harass or abuse people whenever they don't do what he commands them to or declines their clan invite and harasses you with every chance he gets because he is too afraid to speak to you in private 1 on 1 chat and then will only trashtalk people he does not like in public chat, this is why I changed from PVP 2 USA to GB, and oh his clan management skills are very lacking and even considered tyrannical(USS clan).

bummer to hear that, should of tried out SOL  were maturity was required and respect for other players was enforced.

If you need help, and you are ok with the fact that i could play a lot for some times and not that much for others i can help keep the chat clean.

I am active in PVP 2 USA.

I know English, German, Italian, can read some Spanish and Romanian, and bits of French, Portuguese, and Dutch.

In game i contributed to create the Biggest Dutch clan, and have lot's of connections to other nations and clans also trough steam.

I tend to ignore Global chat, but if you require to keep an eye on that i can do that.

Edited by Francech

bummer to hear that, should of tried out SOL  were maturity was required and respect for other players was enforced.

You guys are just worse since you guys have members that gang up on people as well and even make up stuff as rumors so that their reputation would sink out which is why the USA faction in PVP 2 USA is too toxic that even the moderators can't even chat ban the ones trash talking and harassing each other in public chat, might as well not do any kind of ban hammer or report function since most of the players will just get tired of the nonsense going on in most servers and not only PVP 2 USA faction but the PVP EU 1 USA faction as well and PVP 1 GB. 

You guys are just worse since you guys have members that gang up on people as well and even make up stuff as rumors so that their reputation would sink out which is why the USA faction in PVP 2 USA is too toxic that even the moderators can't even chat ban the ones trash talking and harassing each other in public chat, might as well not do any kind of ban hammer or report function since most of the players will just get tired of the nonsense going on in most servers and not only PVP 2 USA faction but the PVP EU 1 USA faction as well and PVP 1 GB. 

My friend there are always two side to a story... and USA chat was toxic from the beginning because there is always that one person who has to be the troll. and on the point of being gang up...do you want us as clan to play the game so it is fair and even for all players we fight in battle. i didn't know there was a rule for us that we had to drop down to one's playing field..

Edited by Capt. Rice