Game-Labs Forum

Moderator taking sides + open positions

Captains

Moderators in game are players. They are free volunteers who help us with 2 things

1) keep chat clean

2) help players 

but mostly keep chat clean 

Please keep in mind that mods are players and in 90% of cases they are members of active clans and nations.

The green color ID was added to help ID them when they warn players in private - because previously it did not work (when someone you dont know contacted you and asked to calm down people usually did not react well). 

We are receiving questions about their chat comments and would like to state the following

They are not neutral. They CAN say - Go Sweden without someone reporting it to us as bias.

They might sink you and board you in battle. They might chase you or run from you. They might ask you questions you don't like or comment on your actions in battle. This is allowed - this is also allowed for you. If mod is running from you in a weak ship - it is ok if you comment on that without personal attacks he is also not allowed to troll you and might lose his position because of that. They are allowed to share their personal opinion and take sides. They are active players like you.

Recruitment

We are looking for volunteer mods across all timezones for

• PVP 2 USA
  • PVP 3 EU
  • PVE 1 USA

Benefits

Early ship testing

3 types of Banhammer

Direct contact with other mods and devs

Negatives

Lots of work

Requirements:

Insightful and helpful posts on forums across all sections

Positive attitude in everything

Thick skin

Excellent knowledge of the game

English language

Another language is a huge plus

• Like 17

How would one apply for the volunteer position sir? Send it to you? or just a reply here. As I am very interested and believe I could contribute to the team greatly. Thank you.

I will add some information about myself below. I am also ON PVP 2

• Have been playing the game since early Sea Trials back in 2014
  • I can read, write and speak some German as I am half German Myself
  • 4 Years of Management in a company called TGN and Freedom
  • Willing to help anyone with anything to the best of my abilities, have done so a few times on the forums already, and in game.
  • Have 600 Hours on the game and Commodore already
  • Know pretty much the ins and outs of the game as i stated before I play a lot.
  • Currently have a lot of free time on my hands so I can do any sort of volunteer work for however long is needed.
Edited by Lord Roberts
  • Like 3

I am more than happy to offer myself as a moderator to PVE, I play a lot and would really like to give something back to the game as others have just been applying here I will do the same.

About me:
I am a British player living in the GMT time zone playing on PVE, I have been following the game since I discovered it in January and have racked up well over 200 hours already. I regularly take part in the nation and help chat, trying to give tips and pointers that are asked by new players. I am currently part time studying venetian history.

Why I would be good for the role:
I like to see an enjoyable community on the chat, this means helping people as much as I can and also trying to calm the situation down if things get too heated. I have noticed that the chat gets quite bad at some points, especially with things like Sexism and would like to make it a better place for everyone. Whilst being active on the in game chat I am also quite active here on the forums too.

When it comes to testing I am experienced and play test for the Europa Universalis mod veritas et fortitudo, I have been an active member of the small team for over half a year now and gladly offer insights and bug testing as part of that. The mod itself is currently being used by over 30,000 people.

My posts on the forums hopefully offer insight and a good angle on things, I have posted all kinds of things from plans to my opinions on things like crafting notes and what needs some work or development.

I am very positive and try to see the best of things as much as I can in all situations, I an also patient and do my best to understand issues and situations too. I am also very community focused in all walks of life, be it online or in the real world.

I have a thick skin, one of my hobbies is martial arts and the grade I have achieved you have to have a thick skin to be able to manage pressure and compose yourself in all kinds of situations.

I have a strong knowledge of the game, having been one of the late pre steam testers and totalled well over 200 hours so far, I have done a bit of everything fro, long distance trading, to crafting, fleet battles and missions. I am always happy to pass on what I have learnt to other players who ask questions about any of these things.

I am English, so my English language is strong. I am attempting to learn Italian to boost my skills to better understand the material I study although I am still during the very beginning stages of the language so far.

I would really like to be considered for the role and look forwards to helping the game progress over time by offering my opinions and experiences no matter what he decision whether it comes to offering me moderator or not. I just really enjoy the feel and passion the dev team have in developing a fantastic game. Anything I can do to support it into the future would make me feel great. Thank you for reading, please feel free to message me if you want any more information.

Edited by Fluffy Fishy
  • Like 1

I would love to apply as my profession is a Human Resources Director and its my job already moderate my staff and deal with internal complaints.

i am currently a player on pvp2 mainly and some what pvp1

300+ hours spent in game

Time im on forums 8am-4pm PST.

Time on game 5pm-1130pm week days.

Weekend as much as i can.. :D

Edited by Capt. Rice
  • Like 1

How would one apply for the volunteer position sir? Send it to you? or just a reply here. As I am very interested and believe I could contribute to the team greatly. Thank you.

I will add some information about myself below.

• Have been playing the game since early Sea Trials back in 2014
  • I can read, write and speak some German as I am half German Myself
  • 4 Years of Management in a company called TGN and Freedom
  • Willing to help anyone with anything to the best of my abilities, have done so a few times on the forums already, and in game.
  • Have 600 Hours on the game and Commodore already
  • Know pretty much the ins and outs of the game as i stated before I play a lot.
  • Currently have a lot of free time on my hands so I can do any sort of volunteer work for however long is needed.

Man am I totally looking forward to this. Now anyone who calls Roberts on his shenanigans are going to get mod warned in Brit chat.

Please no...

• Like 1

Hi 

I would like to vol for PVP 2 USA 

- I have a Positive attitude in everything
- 280 hour's in the game 3/4 way to flag Cptain
- my age is 30
- Have been an admin and moderator on arma  servers  ( know what it takes and whats its like dealing with a player base )
- Usually playing round he clock if not that least 8- 12 hour's a day 
- Have played on 2 different servers  ( PvE and PvP )
- College Degree in Law Enforcement   ( currently testing to be law enforcement )
- Was A vol Firefighter in my community
- Have lot ideas for the game ( like ships buildings etc  )
- Friendly outgoing and helpful,  open minded  have 
thick skin, can work as / on a team
-  for the most part taught myself  the ropes of the game on ( PvE) 
- always learning and expanding my knowledge with the game 

Hopefully you will accept me as I look forward to helping the game and community grow  :)

Edited by Blackbeard787

I am applying for the Moderator position on PVP 2 USA.

After reviewing your requirements I feel I have something to offer this position. I've been following this game for the past 2 years as I have an unhealthy interest in age of sails ship combat and history. I attempted to get into your closed testing without much luck and picked the game up the day it was released to steam via early access. I've cross examined your requirements below and provided my skills that could be utilized for this position.

:Requirements:

• Insightful and helpful posts on forums across all sections // I've created limited posts that I find are both insightful and helpful to the devs and players alike. I.E. Providing an alternative look at economy and a clan recruitment page for players to consider.
  • Positive attitude in everything // Life's too short to get angry.
  • Thick skin // With a positive attitude I yell insults at my skin every day to thicken it up. I also have to use the concrete slabs in my back yard to scrap the callous skin off my feet because the pumice stone and Ped Egg don't do the job. To top it off I work for a Utility provider.
  • Excellent knowledge of the game // Currently Post Captain with ~140 hours served and no sign of stopping. I have a working knowledge of all current game mechanics and have been using Reddit, wiki and Youtube as resources. 
  • English language // I speak English
  • Another language is a huge plus // Je parle Francais comme de la merde

To wrap up I'd like to note that I can provide a unique time-frame to the Position as well. I'll be available Tues, Wed, Thur nights into the following mornings till the servers restart around 5am.

Thank you for your consideration,

The guy with the placeholder avatar and invisible banner.

Edited by Devilize

I'll throw my hat in the ring for PvE since I frequent it more than others and many on the Brits at least have seen me in game if not been buying my ships.

Server: PvE

Timezone: +10 GMT (AEST)

Reqs:

Insightful and helpful posts on forums across all sections
- Look at my content for a large number of threads for suggestions and ideas, assistance to others, ask around

Positive attitude in everything
- I'll be the first to admit I don't always have the most positive attitude but it's usually directed at the tards that ruin the game or people who are giving undeserved greif to others.

Thick skin
- I've been online gaming for around 18 years, been around a wee while dealing with all sorts of people with their online personas.

Excellent knowledge of the game
- Been playing since January, spent an ungodly amount of time learning the ins and outs of most aspects of the game.

English language
- I'm Australian

Another language is a huge plus
Yo entiendo y hablo un poco de español
- I also speak Australian, bad english, Pommie, Kiwi, and American english ;)

Activity levels
- Been offline the last week or so but usually online most nights during Aussie prime time

EDIT: Should probably point out for experience that I'm an active retired leader of AEF (look under High Command group) - http://www.aef-hq.com.au

Edited by JJWolf

I would also Like to offer my services for this postion.

I'm on weekdays 5-11pm EST

I am very active on the forums and currently Managing the PVP2 political situation thread and keeping it updated.

I spend at least a few hours on the forums through out the day.

I manage a clan of 160 members and most of them were raised from lowly midshipmens to now a lot of flag captains :)

We are Very involved in all aspects of the game and know all the intricacies of it (at least what we have been told and read)

(I'm semi Famous in game already :)

• Like 1

I would like to apply. 

I speak Dutch and English and a little bit of german (Very handy when im on vacation)

I have excellant knowledge about the game and the OW situation.

Edit: just read the post twice, Sorry I play on the PVP 1 EU server so if you need me there I would be happy to help you but I don't play on the other servers.  :unsure:

Edited by bramluijken

Dear Admin,

Please explain how a mod can wield a ban hammer and not be neutral...please explain the transparency that people will be treated fairly if there is already a bias...

If you want a proper mod system I would recommend you start a Game- Labs admiralty fleet and the mods join that...otherwise they will always be perceived as biased.

Edited by Zisme
  • Like 2

Dear Zisme,

the way to judge anyone's behavior already exists. Since, I suppose, all the interactions will be through the chat, there is a permanent record of it. It can be found on: c steam steamapps common Naval Action client_Data ChatLog.

It will be enough that the Devs will save a copy of all the chats to avoid any manipulation of data and that will be it. A traceable documentation of anything happen.I like your idea of a "League on their own" or, as you called it, an Admiralty.

Anyway this is just a suggestion; I am sure that the Devs will have many and better ways to trace any activity on chat channels. 

Edited by Antonio_Pigafetta

Dear Admin,

Please explain how a mod can wield a ban hammer and not be neutral...please explain the transparency that people will be treated fairly if there is already a bias...

Because all the mods are talking to each other and reporting their actions. The French mods aren't going to allow the Dutch mods to act in a biased manner or vice versa.

• Like 5

Dear Admin,

If you want a proper mod system I would recommend you start a Game- Labs admiralty fleet and the mods join that...otherwise they will always be perceived as biased.

Every ban is reported, explained what happen. Also all moderators is keeping in touch with eachother

Arch also remember some apply because they want to help, not because they want power.

Edited by Tomms123
  • Like 4

Administration Team, 

RE: Self Nomination for the position of volunteer in-game moderator.

I'm a highly active Australian player in the GMT10 time zone and leader of the AUSNZ Pirate Clan. I posses an excellent knowledge of the game, and on many occasions have camped the helped channels, passing this knowledge onto new players and seasoned players alike. At all times, I maintain a positive attitude about the game and generally try to keep the chats as civil as the company would allow.

In terms of moderation experience I have been on the moderation and administration teams for Arma, Dayz and  Battlefield servers, and /r/ subreddits.  

I have a superior knowledge of the english language, and try my best to use this when possible. Having said that, I've been known to role-play pirate speak when required.

Regardless, I am sure you'll choose the right team for the job. But I could assure you, you would not be disappointed in choosing me.

Sincerely

Clink