Game-Labs Forum

Release on July?

From my experience, I prefer when an early access game has already a solid content. Very alpha early access tend to make people angry quickly if there is no weekly content updates which is quite hard to do for devs.

Ultimate General : Gettysburg is a good example of a good early access game. A lot of content was already done and playable.

If Ultimate General is a good example (and Im not putting them down here) then NA is well ready for Alpha access.  The base content of the game (ship characteristics, combat, weather, graphics) has all been tested thoroughly.  

i might consider a little bit of polishing of the ui a litle bit more to make it over all look a little bit more nice.

but over all its very polished gameplay maybe a bit still arcade but just fine for matchplay and new people specially since i see alot strugeling with manual skipper and manouvers.

But hey if even July is an estimated time of it being playable it can only mean that it aint too far from July

Hello Captain

Estimated time to arrival in the age of sail was usually very vague - keeping the spirit of that time we will use same ETA standards. 

Ship will most likely arrive in July.. but.who knows what might happen.

• Like 1

"After all the Surprise is on our side" :)

Can't wait to put my hands on it, it's like a dream coming true. Bugged pre Alpha unstable lagging ? who cares, bring out the guns god damn it  !! Yaaarrr

Hold fast with the testing session !

Regards

Can't wait to put my hands on it, it's like a dream coming true. Bugged pre Alpha unstable lagging ? who cares, bring out the guns god damn it  !! Yaaarrr

Hold fast with the testing session !

Regards

some minor bugs yes but no laging or unstablility. all i can say is: Brace for Impact!

some minor bugs yes but no laging or unstablility. all i can say is: Brace for Impact!

Actually that was more to tell my impatience to play the game, my apologise for any miss understanding.

I'm like a little child waiting for christmas. I've even bought Ultimate generals just to "support" the studio, witch is a great game actually :)

• 2 weeks later...

It is better to take the time to fully complete the game ... and then you will obtain a decent early access. The early access is the thing that will send a first impression to the players. If players are unhappy with this early access, they will have no expectations for the future. Otherwise, if the players are satisfied, this early access will give rather a perfect foretaste of the content that you want to offer, and it is exactly this perspective which will popularize, will make the game known.

It is better to take the time to fully complete the game ... and then you will obtain a decent early access. The early access is the thing that will send a first impression to the players. If players are unhappy with this early access, they will have no expectations for the future. Otherwise, if the players are satisfied, this early access will give rather a perfect foretaste of the content that you want to offer, and it is exactly this perspective which will popularize, will make the game known.

well. being content complete will not save a game if it is bad.. if the game is a uncut gem some players will love seeing it early in rough form. 

We plan to release as soon as we can in the early access form after UI is improved, boarding added and basic RPG (progression) is in place.

• Like 1

well. being content complete will not save a game if it is bad.. if the game is a uncut gem some players will love seeing it early in rough form. 

We plan to release as soon as we can in the early access form after UI is improved, boarding added and basic RPG (progression) is in place.

Yes, I badly expressed myself: I wanted to say a complete and stable contents (with least possible bug) for an early access of course... Normally, with what you showed us so far, this one is not supposed to be bad, at least, according to what I think of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I badly expressed myself: I wanted to say a complete and stable contents (with least possible bug) for an early access of course... Normally, with what you showed us so far, this one is not supposed to be bad, at least, according to what I think of it.

for those who want just naval battles (no strings attached) in various settings and in 10 types of ships - the game has everything already (UI is being improved).

For those who want something more - progression, open world, exploration, meta-gameplay - they will have to wait and participate in development.