Game-Labs Forum

Slamz Notoriety

Lefort

Aren't they going to wipe those too at some point?

Ya, when the redo crafting I think. Who the fuck knows when that is going to be thou.

And ya, OMG French and Pirates, maybe Brit too I think. Pretty unloyal group when it came to murder actually.

Edited by Poe

Not having BP's I think would be less of an issue with most other nations.  The only reason it seems you need them as a pirate (other than just because its nice to have them) is because you seem to gouge the heck out of each other.  13 Crafting Notes profit for services rendered is insane.  The French aren't your problem.  You guys are eating yourselves from the inside.

@ Dickbeard

If you organize you have something to offer. If you don't then you just flat don't have dick to offer. All we hear when people ask for help is "Help us because mortimer blah blah blah." There have been no plans, No reciprocation, No organization from the Bahamas. Even that newbro clan MQNS or whatever asked for help and we asked what would that give us... the answer was nothing. 

FC and SIN received help in the butthole of the map because they asked and had something to offer in return.

You say i am treating you badly. Fine, but answer me this. What have you done to change the situation other than randomly asking for assistance with no plan of action or power to enforce it? Come to us with a plan and we'll be more than happy to make something work.

Like for example what plan do you have for equipping 50 players with exceptional navybrig or mercs? Most crafters are in a race for the 3rd rate BP and tricoms.

Edited by Obliterati

@ Dickbeard

If you organize you have something to offer. If you don't then you just flat don't have dick to offer. All we hear when people ask for help is "Help us because mortimer blah blah blah." There have been no plans, No reciprocation, No organization from the Bahamas. Even that newbro clan MQNS or whatever asked for help and we asked what would that give us... the answer was nothing. 

FC and SIN received help in the butthole of the map because they asked and had something to offer in return.

You say i am treating you badly. Fine, but answer me this. What have you done to change the situation other than randomly asking for assistance with no plan of action or power to enforce it? Come to us with a plan and we'll be more than happy to make something work.

Like for example what plan do you have for equipping 50 players with exceptional navybrig or mercs? Most crafters are in a race for the 3rd rate BP and tricoms.

Maybe he can use the French strategy of focus on defense of shallow water ports.  Put 25 players in a port in brigs and mercs (not hard, in fact the pirates could defend 3-4 ports with their numbers) then farm the zerg enemy for xp and gold. ;)

• Like 1

Pirates are just helping the French alpha test thats all. Gotta see how a faction functions under extreme stress and with no resources. I can't wait till they add functions where you need to dock up at a port to restock on rations and supplies for your crew to work properly. It could get interesting.

Pirates are just helping the French alpha test thats all. Gotta see how a faction functions under extreme stress and with no resources. I can't wait till they add functions where you need to dock up at a port to restock on rations and supplies for your crew to work properly. It could get interesting.

Be careful out there mate.  I hear some AI are coming your way.  Better head back to Camp du Roy before a couple of Snows attack your Connie

I moved down there to help you. Participated in helping port battles for the last couple of days but it feels just wrong. I feel like i joined USS because the port battles that are won you outnumber them. The ones you lost they actually showed up! So it makes sense why you ran and refuse to help even though it is clearly hurting our nation( even though you refuse to recognize we are a copy and paste of every other faction) but thats fine! Once the even numbers hit ill be glad to come back and say i told you so. Or maybe... Just maybe i will re roll france since they seem to know a thing or two about honor and helping the nation not just your own selfish interests.

You don't need to be France. Your pirates. Much more like real ones. There is a bunch of rich fat mission running NPC hunters vacationing on the seas near Comp du Roy. You have all the ports and resources there you could need. All you have to do is sail over there and take their stuff. They may be flying black flags. Take those too. They haven't earned them.

• Like 1

You continue to think the ports matter. I'm curious as to why?

Answer this question for yourself. Your about to go to war with an entity x15 your size. In a game where a Zerg can all but guarantee the loss of most likely all your ports. This is obvious day one. Wouldn't this be the first problem any intelligent group in this situation would have solved?

All you accomplished by taking all the dots was destroying France for new players that don't even know who Slamz is. We've picked up 3 players this week that converted from other teams for the non-stop pvp France has to offer. But yes, we won't get any newbies that want to PVE and mission run. They'll go pirate because they own all the dots and easy mode. Actually? Scratch that. They probably won't go pirate. Your newb zone is as messed up as ours.

if they don't know him they will trust me, I ask this cause i play the same server as him and I know he's an avid pvper and he's actually putting up a regular fight all the time. I just don't get this weird hate on him seeming how pirates are the ones that chose to swarm us and he's just playing the game I feel like theres more to it. Heck I was in a clan for a little while someone ran off and thanked Slamz sarcastically for god knows what, I for one am impressed with his little resistance group it's hilarious seeing people angry about him.

he's the only player whose name I hear being spouted about places, he's going legendary status at this rate. Also the pendulum will probably swing your right and we will get alot of skilled based or determined players in french side so in the long term it will probably be a good thing for us losing all these ports.

Edited by Lefort

@ Dickbeard

Oblit has a point.

So far they are veterans of:

Won 26 successful PB vs stationary towers

Won 1 half defended DW PB

Lost 1 equal DW PB

Lost 4 equal shallow water PB

How can they possibly be expected to plan a defense or retake of the Bahamas themselves. When you Northern Pirates come up with a successful plan for fighting players then you go talk to them

Hehe

Edited by Bach

If you want to know where a big part of that notoriety is coming from, look at Slamz's post history.  If that's too much trouble just read the PVP2 Vive La France thread.  Really just the first page of that thread will tell you all you need to know.

Oh, and how could I forget?  Read the US PVP2 - Bounty on PURGE SLAMZ thread on Reddit.

So he's a bit crude, some corny light roleplay, and sounds like embellishing a bit, I'm assuming he's getting the hate because he's doing a solid job at port defense but is clearly being too loud about it. Well he hasn't polluted the french channels thus far so I guess I still retain that he's good thing for the french team, although I hope people aren't offput by him I haven't seen him be a dick in nation chat.

also that bounty thing hahalirarious I bet slamz is loving the infamy/fame

Edited by Lefort

Hate to break the news to you, but the devs stated over a month ago on Braincage's live Twitch stream they are never going to implement any kind of "restock" function into the game. You will never, ever have to go back into port to restock supplies, food, ammo or anything else.

Thats the fun of never having to worry about ports. They're like any 'shiny' thing in life. Nice to have, but not exactly necessary. Dying w/the most things just means dying w/more shit for other people to have to sort through and throw out as useless junk you've collected over your life time.

Big talk from a guy that ran away from an even fight silent but likes to talk shit when its 2:1 odds in his favor. :^]

Just like I said in the battle, that was my first fight of the night.  I heard on TS that pirates jumped a few ships and had the tech advantage so I came up to do some PVP.   Three of you attacked a lone unaffliated french player in the reinforcement zone of Fort Royal.  He called in his AI friends so the fight would be fair.  We saw him get attack and came to help and then you proceeded to throw your toys out of the pram and have a hissy fit in chat.   While I wasn't exactly a kind soul in chat myself, you can't yell at someone for running away, as your bloody run away yourself. While you were disadvantaged slightly, even if the odds were more in your favor you still would have ran.  

EDIT:  Literally every player I have ever met has run away from a fight before.  There is little value in going 1v8.  But when two Belle Poule's and a constitution are attacked by a couple Renommees, a Cerberus, a Snow, and two AIs,  we expect you to stay because that is pretty damn even.  Everyone there could see it, but you were just too scared at the possibility of loosing your precious little ship.   I have died in fights where I was in a bad spot.  Just ask BSO.   I know I impressed a couple of them last week.  I doubt you have ever stayed in a battle where you didn't have at least 2:1 BR...

Edited by Michel de Toulouse