Game-Labs Forum

Rain for 30 minutes is no fun

30 mins of rain in game was to much for you. Last week it pretty much stormed and rained all night when I was doing bottle/wreck hunting.  You couldn't see your hand before your face.   

I'm going to take it many of you have never been at sea or worked offshore.  It rains all the time when I'm out there for work.  

Yet I too was in a great storm for what felt like forever. I loved the lightning and thunder that was part of the storm! Did anyone ever notice the detail in the wave motions? I notice as the largest waves creast, the tip of the wave would lean over the top like when the tip of the wave is blown apart from the wind. Great deatils in the physics of the storms.

and OMG, I just spend two hours in sunny weather, what is wrong?????

You know you can sail out of the area of weather right? I actually enjoy the rain it makes it spooky in hostile waters were every ship looming out of the fog may be a hostile.

I was doing Wreck hunting early this week and it was coming down pretty hard and my little Trade Cutter felt like it was about to go under and just as I thought I was about to get to a Freetown to port in BOOM I end up face to face with a Rat and he tags me.  I run like crazy and get back into the storm and just as I pull in port I can see anouther rat was trying to block the port but cause of the weather he never saw me fly in.  Just as I was clicking on port there was some poor brit that shows up and he gets tagged instead.   Yah I know what your talking about looming trouble out there in hostile waters.

I like all the weather although I have to admit a long storm is quite inconvienient....but I still like it. Yes, it's probably not characteristic Caribbean weather but I enjoy the variety, the mists, the haze in the morning, the slow sea mist in the evening....it's all wonderfully done.  

In the first few days of OW i got stuck for over 2 hours in a storm with my explorer group. I still remember it as a great and fun moment in the game, which we remember till this very day. (And often joke about to newer players who say: i cant wait to finally see a storm!)

But, i get your point and im curious if the current weather is just a test of the devs ability or thats its the final implementation already.