Game-Labs Forum

Pirates adopting the US tactics.

Gaizka

Please underestand that, as it is, it is a frustrating mechanic for most spanish players.

Gaizka

Bastardos sin Gloria Diplo 

Please sir, read the post that is above you, is he crying? I dont think so, is only remarking a game mechanic that doesnt work and is very frustrating i think for all the players. At least that do you want this mechanics in the final game... 

The more of this I read, the more I want to slap anyone and everyone who brings "our faction" and "your faction" to mechanics discussion.

Eh, what the hell.

<slaps dumpert>

yeah.

*sigh*

Edited by dumpert

I agree to but it is frustrating as it is atm.

I ll choose my wife instead of the gym. She will thank me even more  :P

Glad to hear that. We will be waiting for you.

Sorry, Spanish people in general are not good at waiting.

Check the map.

You can wait for us now.

Gaizka

Bastardos sin Gloria, Consejo de Clanes Españoles Diplo.

Edited by Gaizka

like i said, if the timer was changed, there is another reason for it. and you not gonna like it :)

Oh, but we loved your surprise  :D Well, it wasnt a big surprise either. It was quite obious.

We prepared a surprise for you too.

Hope you liked it.

Gaizka

Bastardos sin Gloria Diplo/ Consejo de Clanes Españoles Diplo.

Edited by Gaizka

-snip-

Edit:

and because im a pirate im going to have a poke at the US aswell, when they say there prime time is like 10-12am US time (Around that) in the middle of the night for them when most people are going bed for work while we put ours around 6-8pm UK time about dinner time when most people are not doing much/just got in from work etc. I understand they work during the day but could they not put theres for US time 6-8pm? that be 12-2am UK time which is alot better for us... The last 3 nights i went to bed at 7am due to trying to take american ports in the bahamas it's killing me... this monday...

Yarr take that ye scallywags! I had a go at both culprits! 

To be fair, the USA is spread across 4 time zones (not including Alaska and Hawaii, which would add a further 2 timezones), So I on the East coast may be most active from 8pm-1am EST while another player from the West Coast might just be getting online when I'm heading off for the night. In essence our "prime time" could last anywhere from 1am GMT to 8am GMT. 

That aside, glad to see the Spanish fighting back against the Rats.

Edited by theprof739
  • Like 2

I have an idea for PBs.  All ports, except for Capitols and Free Ports, should only be open on the weekend starting at 18:00 server time and lasting until midnight Sunday/early Monday morning server time.  Whoever holds the ports when the timer is up holds that Port for the week until the next weekend.  Those that are already in a PB when the timer is finished have until the Battle Timer is complete to gain/lose that Port for that week.

It will mean that you will have to actually plan for an attack on one or two ports at a time and have the forces to hold that port, because it can just as easily be retaken within the hour of victory.  This would stop - hopefully - the whiny "well the ports aren't open when we are online" BS that occurs.

What do you think?

Edit:

and because im a pirate im going to have a poke at the US aswell, when they say there prime time is like 10-12am US time (Around that) in the middle of the night for them when most people are going bed for work while we put ours around 6-8pm UK time about dinner time when most people are not doing much/just got in from work etc. I understand they work during the day but could they not put theres for US time 6-8pm? that be 12-2am UK time which is alot better for us... The last 3 nights i went to bed at 7am due to trying to take american ports in the bahamas it's killing me... this monday...

Yarr take that ye scallywags! I had a go at both culprits! 

Almost all of the ports that were taken were done by two major clans and and a few smaller (but now larger) clans. These clans that were doing the work set the timers for their prime times. There are no plans to set timers for anything other than when we can best defend the ports and we believe that is what the timers were designed for and so are therefore using them properly. It is on our enemies to figure out how to counter them.

Our design initially was to set them one hour before but the game did not allow that option. This would have placed the defense time even more solidly in our prime time. We had a choice to either make it later or earlier. By going later it gave us a window to attack. Going earlier would have severely limited our time to attack. If you think about it, by choosing the later time we were actually setting a time closer to European activity. If we had gone earlier then instead of timers being set at 4-6 am it would have been 2-6 am. I cannot imagine that would be easier for the Europeans. So, the only way to satisfy the groups that complain about our timers would be to set it at a time that we can't consistently defend. Doing that would make absolutely no sense to us so don't expect it to happen.

The only possibility I see for us to set any of our ports to timers that are more in line with European play times would be if others in the nation that play earlier or even later, step up and participate in the strategy. That is your best hope for US timers to be set at a different time. But of course that would make the US a much stronger nation and are you sure you want that?

• Like 1

I personally don't see why you have to cater for another nations clans prime time, You take the ports from a enemy in there prime time, off Neutral's which they could have beat you to or off the nation due to no timers on that port. If you are to defend then it would be best for you to set the timer for the time you can defend rather than a time you can't. No other nation is complaining about timers, and believe me when i say the US could complain about our current ones if they wished as they are in the same situation when it comes to the US vs Brit war, but there not as its part of the game. 

In this case, pirates are setting the timers for when that bunch of particular pirates can defend the ports, i honestly do not see the problem for this. In someways considering Pirates, US and Brits are the 3 popular nations currently, i would say we should lock these nations from new players joining to in a way force players to join the underpopulated nations and hopefully allow for more clans to pop up to defend/attack timers that have been set by others.

Another option is to in a way change the whole port battle system in which all attacks/battles between the nations within a certain radius of the port are counted over a 24 hour period counts. (includes AI fleets that could be programmed to spawn for both sides). However with this keep it so its 24 hours from a set time (player selected or default server set time for all ports, if later then the flag can be brought and placed any time before this time, if former then still within a window.)

I personally don't see why you have to cater for another nations clans prime time, You take the ports from a enemy in there prime time, off Neutral's which they could have beat you to or off the nation due to no timers on that port. If you are to defend then it would be best for you to set the timer for the time you can defend rather than a time you can't. No other nation is complaining about timers, and believe me when i say the US could complain about our current ones if they wished as they are in the same situation when it comes to the US vs Brit war, but there not as its part of the game.

In this case, pirates are setting the timers for when that bunch of particular pirates can defend the ports, i honestly do not see the problem for this. In someways considering Pirates, US and Brits are the 3 popular nations currently, i would say we should lock these nations from new players joining to in a way force players to join the underpopulated nations and hopefully allow for more clans to pop up to defend/attack timers that have been set by others.

Another option is to in a way change the whole port battle system in which all attacks/battles between the nations within a certain radius of the port are counted over a 24 hour period counts. (includes AI fleets that could be programmed to spawn for both sides). However with this keep it so its 24 hours from a set time (player selected or default server set time for all ports, if later then the flag can be brought and placed any time before this time, if former then still within a window.)

Actually the VAST majority of ports the US have flipped have not had port timers on them. So no they were not taken during prime times for the defending Nation.

The latest I heard, and the admin can correct me if I'm wrong, the US is no longer third. In fact we could be 5th but we are definitely not third anymore. The French have taken third place and I think the US and Dutch are neck and neck. I'm not for artificially blocking players from joining the nation of their choice but definitely not the US at this time.