Game-Labs Forum

Pirates adopting the US tactics.

Gaizka

Dear Sirs:

This last days the Spanish have been holding some serious fights in the isles in the Mexico Bay. Las Arenas, La Bermeja, Triangles y Arcas all were conquered by the pirates and recaptured by the Spanish in our first combined war efford. People from most clans in the Spanish faction joined the fight at one point or the other.

After all that hard work and when Alacranes was the last Island to be reconquered, the Pirates made it Invulnerable in the "Thipical American Way" Placing the timer at 4 am. 

Now, say again that Spaniards never fight and that all this mess is happening only because Spain is not an organized nation.

This is just my personal opinion but I am planing to coordinate a formal complaint from from all the Spanish players in the server.

Gaizka

Bastardos sin Gloria Diplo and very pissed off player.

Edited by Gaizka
  • Like 4

Dear Sirs:

This last days the Spanish have been holding some serious fights in the isles in the Mexico Bay. Las Arenas, La Bermeja, Triangles y Arcas all were conquered by the pirates and recaptured by the Spanish in our first combined war efford. People from most clans in the Spanish faction joined the fight at one point or the other.

After all that hard work and when Alacranes was the last Island to be reconquered, the Pirates made it Invulnerable in the "Thipical American Way" Placing the timer at 4 am. 

Now, say again that Spaniards never fight and that all this mess is happening only because Spain is not an organized nation.

This is just my personal opinion but I am planing to coordinate a formal complaint from from all the Spanish players in the server.

Gaizka

Bastardos sin Gloria Diplo and very pissed off player.

Typical American tactic? I know you guys in the Spanish faction have done it as well.

But the double standard you hold yourselves to while maintaining your arrogance is interesting to say the least.

• Like 3

Typical American tactic? I know you guys in the Spanish faction have done it as well.

But the double standard you hold yourselves to while maintaining your arrogance is interesting to say the least. 

You are right. We have done it once in a city called Espiritu Santo. According to you leaders there was a bug and you couldnt put the timer as intended. We took advantage of it, conquered the city without opossition (a really boring experience by the way) and added a timer at they time most of you are sleeping. We learnt how to do it after watching you do it more than 30 times.

Typical, by definition doesnt mean just once.

Gaizka

Bastardos sin Gloria Diplo. (and still pissed off player)

Edited by Gaizka

Gaizka, the Spanish have set timers with the sole purpose of being impractical for the US players. On the other hand, we set timers when WE are the most active. Why should we set them to a convenient time for you? They are our ports after all.

Great job fighting the pirates, I am glad to see the Spain is united without RAE. Good luck!  :)

• Like 1

Dear Sirs:

After all that hard work and when Alacranes was the last Island to be reconquered, the Pirates made it Invulnerable

Congratulations on regaining your 4 lost ports,

i'll hope España wil be a worthy adversary again and balance the power between nations in the caribbean gulf.

atentamente,

Jacob van Heemskerck

Verenigde Provinciën

• Like 1

Stephen Decatur wrote:

"Gaizka, the Spanish have set timers with the sole purpose of being impractical for the US players. On the other hand, we set timers when WE are the most active. Why should we set them to a convenient time for you? They are our ports after all.

Great job fighting the pirates, I am glad to see the Spain is united without RAE. Good luck!"

I agree with you should set your timers when YOU are active. You shouldnt put you timers when it fits us. But doing that is just a pityfull game experience for both of us. It is boring when you fight against the IA and i dont think the objective of the game is to fight IA. There are plenty of games out there that are not MMO where the IA is hard enough.

I think this is a problem that needs fixing urgently.

Some RAE members joined the combats too.

Im pretty sure the Port timer is 18-20 as it was defended last night around that time... I remember RUBLI defending it then the mad rush to get to Frozen Cay/Green turtle Cay. Infact pretty much every port in the pirate faction is 18-20 only a few are not as far as im aware. 

Edit:

and because im a pirate im going to have a poke at the US aswell, when they say there prime time is like 10-12am US time (Around that) in the middle of the night for them when most people are going bed for work while we put ours around 6-8pm UK time about dinner time when most people are not doing much/just got in from work etc. I understand they work during the day but could they not put theres for US time 6-8pm? that be 12-2am UK time which is alot better for us... The last 3 nights i went to bed at 7am due to trying to take american ports in the bahamas it's killing me... this monday...

Yarr take that ye scallywags! I had a go at both culprits! 

Edited by The Bloody Hound
  • Like 3

well, i really hope that you know what are you talking about and timer was set in us tz within last 10 hrs (and this means major shift in pirate groups allocation). if so, enjoy.

Im pretty sure the Port timer is 18-20 as it was defended last night around that time... I remember RUBLI defending it then the mad rush to get to Frozen Cay/Green turtle Cay. Infact pretty much every port in the pirate faction is 18-20 only a few are not as far as im aware. 

exactly.

Edited by dumpert

Wowwww my friend, the most epyc comment.

Please dont generalice. If you combat whith spanish faction in some ocasion, you know the reality. your afirmations, are basic, flamers, etc. Please be carefull when generalice and adjust your comments to reality. In ALL nations are bad/escellent players.

Please friend Edit your post...

So it's ok for Spanish faction generalize? As lies about U.S tactics continue to be spread? Must be some of that special treatment you guys think you deserve.

Been involved in 6 OW fleet battles with Spanish since beginning of Feb. 5 have had at least 6 basics being used by experienced players. This is not counting mission interference that happens with said cutters.

"well, i really hope that you know what are you talking about and timer was set in us tz within last 10 hrs (and this means major shift in pirate groups allocation). if so, enjoy.

The Bloody Hound, on 22 Feb 2016 - 1:33 PM, said:snapback.png

exactly."

They changed it his mornig to make it invulnerable. They knew we were atackin ovoer and over and over again. Now, we cant touch them. And it is a very frustrating game mechanic.

To tell you the truth, we were having great fun fighting the pirates. Now it is all over. I would have prefer to loose figthing than this. By far.

Edited by Gaizka

Press LIKE on this post if you would like to DISLIKE the post above.

And as for you, Justme... a bucket of cold water, sir. Or two. And don't post until you chill out!

I will agree what I posted is a tad inflammatory.

But when you have your own " let's give them special treatment " topic started by the developers( the Spanish problem) then why should what I say not be?

its called Spanish because of the current nation affected by population its only a random it happend to spain it could work on Brits too since Dutch Danish and Spain+US could cirlce jamaica in a few days if they want to. Portbattles are broken and get fixed no need to keep beating a dead horse

• Like 4

its called SPanish because of the curren nation affected by population its only a random it happend to spain it could work on Brits too since Dutch Danish and SPain+US could cirlce jamaica in a few days if they want to. Portbattles are broken and get fixed no need to keep beating a dead horse

Couldn't agree more. This is a game and your virtual conquest is virtual. Let's start talking how to make the game more fun instead of crying over lost virtual "sweat and blood".

For the latter, I advise the gym. Your wife will thank you.

• Like 3

As a Land Protector of Alacranes - I just don't want Spain to get it, you simply do not deserve this port. Work hard, as Pirates do against US *timers*.

No tactics. We leave the Yucatan, homeland calling (sounds familiar huh?), for the time being. But we will be back.

Edited by Xemko

Couldn't agree more. This is a game and your virtual conquest is virtual. Let's start talking how to make the game more fun instead of crying over lost virtual "sweat and blood".

For the latter, I advise the gym. Your wife will thank you.

I agree to but it is frustrating as it is atm.

I ll choose my wife instead of the gym. She will thank me even more  :P

As a Land Protector of Alacranes - I just don't want Spain to get it, you simply do not deserve this port. Work hard, as Pirates do against US *timers*.

No tactics. We leave the Yucatan, homeland calling (sounds familiar huh?), for the time being. But we will be back.

Glad to hear that. We will be waiting for you.

• Like 1

and because im a pirate im going to have a poke at the US aswell, when they say there prime time is like 10-12am US time (Around that) in the middle of the night for them when most people are going bed for work while we put ours around 6-8pm UK time about dinner time when most people are not doing much/just got in from work etc. I understand they work during the day but could they not put theres for US time 6-8pm? that be 12-2am UK time which is alot better for us... The last 3 nights i went to bed at 7am due to trying to take american ports in the bahamas it's killing me... this monday...

Yarr take that ye scallywags! I had a go at both culprits!

We are actually the most active in the time we set our timers. 6-8 has fewer of our guys available. Many of us are not only working during the day, but being family men in the evening. Later at night is when we are actually on. We are not trying to abuse things.

• Like 2

Most of us asume it is not an intentional abuse. It is just a game mechanic that needs to be fixed. The point is that it is going to be hard to fix, and someone is not going to be happy with the solution no mater which solution it is.

From my part (and now that I am a bit more cool about it) i ll try not to mention it again. Lets give the devs time to solve it the better they can.

Please underestand that, as it is, it is a frustrating mechanic for most spanish players.

Gaizka

Bastardos sin Gloria Diplo 

Edited by Gaizka
  • Like 1

guys. it is ridiculous, really. the simplest fact is everybody is in the same position, do you understand that? even US can bitch and moan about pirate timers, yet the only faction crying is you. stop it, please.

Edited by dumpert
  • Like 2

guys. it is ridiculous, really. the simplest fact is everybody is in the same position, do you understand that? even US can bitch and moan about pirate timers, yet the only faction crying is you. stop it, please.

Please sir, read the post that is above you, is he crying? I dont think so, is only remarking a game mechanic that doesnt work and is very frustrating i think for all the players. At least that do you want this mechanics in the final game... 

The more of this I read, the more I want to slap anyone and everyone who brings "our faction" and "your faction" to mechanics discussion.

Eh, what the hell.

<slaps dumpert>

• Like 1

This isn't a mechanics discussion.  That happens in the [Petition] To Remove Capture Windows thread (http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/8263-petition-remove-port-capture-windows/).  This is the National News forum.   Please resume the thread with an eye towards reporting in game events, diplomacy, or role playing or it will be locked as off topic.

Thank you.

• Like 1