Game-Labs Forum

Clt+Drag not selecting all reliably with large boxes

icefenix

Select group Bug CLT+Drag:

I selected a huge portion of the army, unfortunately some units decided that they did not want to be grouped. See image. 

As you can see I selected and moved a lot of units, and can move them on top and bottom. But some of the units in the middle, eg. Scales, Pettigrew, and some of the arty units behind them were not selected.

It seems like this bug only occurs when selecting many units far apart and need large boxes. Smaller boxes can reliably select groups of units, even if there are many in the box.

Playing around it seems like position of box relative to units determine where the dead-zone exists.

post-4046-0-97680300-1404342429_thumb.jpg

Stuck movement arrows/UI Crash.

So I found variations of this bug surfacing. When I try on Picketts charge on day 3, or any battle with a enough units to get the selection box bug, and select  an individual unit, I get some kind of  interface bug/crash.

Reproduction steps:

1. Go to pickets charge battle, day 3.

2. Draw a huge box to select pretty much the entire center of the confederate army (see attachment), you will see the first post's bug

3. Clt+Left Click one of the 'bugged' units that should be selected and try to move it with the entire group. All user input will not be registered. Movement arrows may or may not follow mouse.

HOWEVER, I've tried this on July 2nd Morning, Confeds attack Cemetery hill first thing in the morning and was able to eventually recover after clicking the left mouse button many times.

Reproduction steps:

1. Go to confeds attack cementery hill, day 2.

2. Draw a huge box to select pretty much the entire center of the confederate army  you will see the first post's bug

3. Clt+Left Click one of the 'bugged' units that should be selected and try to move it with the entire group. All user input will not be registered. Movement arrow follows mouse.

4. Left click like crazy, eventually interface will unfreeze.

• 2 weeks later...