Game-Labs Forum

The Panama Campaign

Richmuel UK

It's been an amazing week of back and forwards on PvP1. Both Spanish, British and Dutch have continuously put together some huge fleets (often well over 60+ per side roaming the coastline) for some very fun Port Battles and on the Open World.

Tonight it looks like the Campaign has taken a turn towards the end and I just wanted to say that my hat goes off to all the clans involved.

My appreciation goes out to RAE our Spanish adversaries for a very well-faught campaign. You have earned our respect with the numbers and tactics you have put out night after night. You have faught with honour to the end. It has been a truly brilliant week with many memories. My hope is that you will put all of that effort into re-securing Cuba so that Spanish influence is not lost from the game. You are more than capable of doing it.

The war took a turn in favour of the British and Dutch Coalition when the balance was broken by a failed Spanish attempt to retake Mandinga this evening. The following British/Dutch counter-attack was truly spectacular and has probably put this campaign to rest. My thanks to all the British and Dutch players who through their commitment have swung the battle in our favour.  It has been a fair fight, with port battles waged at peak times, other than in the early hours of this morning when we took back Spanish Ports with unsociable port timers. That battles have often been close to capacity, and much has been learnt and I'm sure the experience will go towards some fun campaigns against new enemies in the future.

Naval Action is a truly great game and it has shone throughout the week.

We will aim to get a written account from a neutral perspective of the events of this week for those who have been unaware of what transpired.

Edited by Richmuel UK
  • Like 10

Yeah props to all and to RAE for this weeks battles at all time zones, including yesterday a running 4 hour battle along the coast which could have gone either way.

Sound out to poor chuchi in the screenshot above..  in addition to getting caught by PFK, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time a little later whilst we were blockading New Edinburgh and got captured in that skirmish as well.

Good job by everyone this week and proud to have been a part of the huge diplomatic and logistics operations to help bring all these clans, nations and over 120 players together for these epic fights...

Any battle where you end up like this at the end and walk away still firing as the main battle timer runs out is a good battle :)  :-

rut%20roh.jpg

Malice

BWITC

Edited by MaliceA4Thought

I guess you could say that they...

Run Away Everytime?

EDIT:

Also "South Spanish Dream" sounds so poetic. I really like that.

And I'm sorry... but retreat at a strategic point isn't really a bad thing. Spcially since it's ONE clan against half a faction and then two British clans rofl... only took you guys long enough XD

Sorry to say but your victories are won at times where most of the Spanish faction is also offline cause you know... time differences and stuff. XD. Also the Spanish faction is non-existant during the weekends.

This hasn't actually been the case in Panama. As mentioned the battles have been at peak hours with huge numbers from both nations. Port Battles were often defended and there were several failed attempts through the week. Breakthrough only came tonight when RAE attacked Mandinga (captured by GB at 6am, a Spanish timer, and then honourably reset for 6pm-8pm - so there really can be no complaining about this), they lost the port battle and many large ships in the consequent fleeing so that they were left vulnerable when the counter-attack began.

That's what made Panama so enjoyable. It was a real confrontation, very different to the US steamrolling Spain in the North.

Edited by Richmuel UK
  • Like 1

Sorry to say but your victories are won at times where most of the Spanish faction is also offline cause you know... time differences and stuff. XD. Also the Spanish faction is non-existant during the weekends.

"Offline" Spanish faction during  battle for Buena Vista from yesterday:

vl5mat2.jpg

• Like 6

Its strange how the timezone isn't affecting the EU players in other factions. I think the Spanish leaders need to hold an after action report on what exactly was the strategy and where it went wrong and make a come back, which is more then possible, especially after the reset in the future. 

To our Dutch and British rivals (PFK, BWITC, SINK)

Well fought. You have our respect.

It was a week of hard fighting and fun. We knew it would be difficult to fight in panama, outnumbered and overwhelmed in firepower.

But it was worth the experience.

It is time to return to the north, back to impossible war with US. We will miss to fight in European hours.

Good bye, comrades.

• Like 1

I see this "excuse" raised all the time on the forums..  the trouble is, reality shows that over the weekend at ALL times, there were battles where numbers reached 40 - 50 a side, and whilst we were defending ports and attacking ports in the south, the Spanish were also attacking Pirate ports in the north (with those other non-existant players).. and oddly enough the majority of players on both sides were within a timezone of each other..  in the south, these were not North American people taking ports from Europeans, these were European guilds fighting each other from similar timezones.

The rest of the Euro team seems to have no problem with the port timers, whatever timezone they are set for and some of the Panama battles were at times set by the Spanish players.

I think you do your friends in the south a disservice by trying to explain away their hard fought efforts by using a standard excuse that has zero validity and instead should be congratulating them for a campaign hard fought that at any time could have gone differently.

If the rest of the spanish navy fought with half the fervour, organisation and coherence shown by RAE, then you wouldn't need to be trying to find excuses for loosing ports in the north.

Please stop the timezone excuse and look to what you can do to become a nation rather than a group of players under the same flag.

To our rivals in the south,  be well and goodbye friends.

Malice 

Edited by MaliceA4Thought
  • Like 2

So a part of the british nation nearly destroyed the presence of Spain (an formal ally of the other part of the british nation) in Panama with the help of the dutch, who consider themself friendly to most of the pirates. Hm, as a fellow brit, who isn't admittedly involved in a clan, I don't think that I like that :mellow: . But as it seems you got your mission done only just before the council of the major british clans tonight.

• Like 2

So a part of the british nation nearly destroyed the presence of Spain (an formal ally of the other part of the british nation) in Panama with the help of the dutch, who consider themself friendly to most of the pirates. Hm, as a fellow brit, who isn't admittedly involved in a clan, I don't think that I like that :mellow: . But as it seems you got your mission done only just before the council of the major british clans tonight.

One Spanish clan was 'allied' with a couple of British clans. Nothing to do with nations.

It gives me great pleasure to announce the complete finish to the Panama Front. Congratulations to British West Indies Trading Company [bWITC] and Barely Afloat [sINK]. Class act, you have established an industrial heartland for our nation which will drive the war efforts against new threats.

• Like 1

To Spanish players: thanks for many fierce battles,

You have our respect as fearless players and really good opponents.

I have hope that you will build your new great empire in Habana.

To our Dutch (VOC) and British ( BWITC and SINK).

Thanks for help and support on this epic campaign.

World in game is evolving every day, new chances, new opportunities, new alliances. 

Good luck!

Edited by icceman
  • Like 1

Yeah props to all and to RAE for this weeks battles at all time zones, including yesterday a running 4 hour battle along the coast which could have gone either way.

Sound out to poor chuchi in the screenshot above..  in addition to getting caught by PFK, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time a little later whilst we were blockading New Edinburgh and got captured in that skirmish as well.

Good job by everyone this week and proud to have been a part of the huge diplomatic and logistics operations to help bring all these clans, nations and over 120 players together for these epic fights...

Any battle where you end up like this at the end and walk away still firing as the main battle timer runs out is a good battle :)  :-

rut%20roh.jpg

Malice

BWITC

You were lucky ;) but was a great battle,​ 9 british players against 4 spanish`players.