Game-Labs Forum

Questions for the veteran Captains.

Wow, what a great game.  Been telling my Eve buddies and they are sold on it already.  My questions are;

When the game goes Gold and the wipe occurs.  Will my character still be USA or will we be able to choose a different faction?

What are the favorite factions?

Any estimates on Gold date?

My guess is the "wipe" will simply wipe the map and, I'm guessing, the economy, but will leave your character intact where it is.

But since XP is tied to your steam account rather than your character, it would be easy to delete yourself at that time and re-create in the nation of your choosing. You would then be in that nation with your old XP value (and optionally a new name).

Edited by Slamz

My guess is the "wipe" will simply wipe the map and, I'm guessing, the economy, but will leave your character intact where it is.

But since XP is tied to your steam account rather than your character, it would be easy to delete yourself at that time and re-create in the nation of your choosing. You would then be in that nation with your old XP value (and optionally a new name).

I really do hope so and I hope they increase time compression or at least allow us to base one free outpost anywhere on the map on resets so we don't have to sail 4 hours to Louisiana again that wasn't fun at all