Game-Labs Forum

Game stops taking input if a unit command is issued without a unit selected.

AerosolNinja

Hello,

I've found a really game breaking but that leaves the game unplayable when it occurs.  I believe this issue has been reported here as well, but without a reason for it being found.

If you issue a unit command, like Fallback or Hold without a unit selected the game will no longer take any input.  This leaves you unable to do anything.  Can't open a menu, can't select units.  You are forced to alt+f4.

At game start without a unit selected I pressed H, thinking this was the keyboard shortcut for the new elevation map.  This also occurs with F, and I am assuming all the shortcuts for unit commands.

CPU: i7 950
GPU: SLI GTX 480  (Just saw a new driver, I will try updating)

RAM: 3x2GB Mushkin DDR3 1600

SoundCard: Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro

MOBO: P6X58D-E - ASUS

Thanks!

Edited for formatting: (stupid tables)

did some testing and here are my results. I did with new key-bindings on the commands and I got the same results. The most interesting is Hold Case 2 vs. Charge Case 2.

Default Key-BindingNo unit selected, Listed by command

Hold

CASE 1: No units selected, hit hold, interface breaks

CASE 2: Select a unit, issue a move command, unselect unit, hit hold, interface breaks

Charge

CASE 1: No units selected, hit charge, interface breaks. 

CASE 2: Select a unit, issue a move command, then unselect unit, hit charge interface is normal.

CASE 3: After reset battle, no units selected, hit charge interface breaks

Ammo Selection 

Normal, nothing happens

---------

Another interface bug:

It seems like binding anything to the numbers on top of the keyboard DOES NOT WORK, but it does show Alpha1 on the bind menu. Also, the keypad does not register at all on the bind menu when trying to bind keys.

Hi icefenix! I've tried to reproduce the issues with no luck, except the last one about assigning numbers. However, have in mind that I used a later version so please give it again a try after the upcoming weekly update. Also I noticed in a recent Steam client update, there were issues with hot keys that Steam assigns for Steam functions. If you do not update Steam client often, please update it.

Ammo Selection

Normal, nothing happens

By "nothing happens" do you mean that arty does not change ammo? That would be weird because there was never such an issue so please confirm.