Game-Labs Forum

Thank you US. For killing Spain in Pvp2

Juan Alfonso

Yea... Sorry for playing pvp in a pvp server dude... We can still get you as a puppet nation if you're up for the task. Just gotta change your attitude towards us ;) We're not here to bash you to the ground, we just wanna have fun. We took that port as a jump location to move further along. 

I mean man, I'm sorry for how you feel. But don't feel so hopeless. You don't have to play it out as a minor nation. You can agree to join the big guys (US/Brits). Your call buddy.

I don't care for your replies. The fact is that over the past few weeks, people have been leaving the faction and going pirate, so I may reroll, I may join them but this is how spain died on pvp1: only very few of us were ever willing to defend. We had heaps of people wanting to attack, but that was unsustainable. (they all defected cause we tried to explain that we don't need ports)

Anyways, we will see what alpha has to bring to this situation, if the capital is moved that'd be good. Havana is a rich but terrible spot for a capital with it being so close to everyone else. If not, I hear French New Orleans is good this time of year...

I don't care for your replies. The fact is that over the past few weeks, people have been leaving the faction and going pirate, so I may reroll, I may join them but this is how spain died on pvp1: only very few of us were ever willing to defend. We had heaps of people wanting to attack, but that was unsustainable. (they all defected cause we tried to explain that we don't need ports)

You might think we don't need ports, but we definitely need PVPers.  And when we see what carebears the major clans are being, refusing to make even the simplest of conquests against undefended neutral ports in our area to deny other nations' raiders, it's no wonder they'd leave.

Honestly, if all you and [ARF] want to do is grind missions, you should go to the PVE server.  That'd be an improvement from telling PVPers that PVP doesn't matter on the PVP server  :blink:

• Like 1

Spain isn't dead until Spain decides it's dead. It's almost impossible to totally remove anyone from this game that doesn't want to be removed.

The problems I have been noting is that a lot of us are still walking around with POTBS paradigms that simply need not apply here. I'm playing France in PvP2 and as you might have noticed we have a similar Zerg problem. The first thing we realized is a lot of the French were solo mission running near the Capitol. Basically they had all their leveling, money and Econ in one basket. Similar to POTBS everyone was essentially just solo grinding fleets (mission grinding in NA) with the mentality that you needed to level up to compete. Which in POTBS was true. So once the pirates took half of all the home ports these players were totally demoralized. But in truth they did this to themselves by putting all their eggs into that one basket.

Money - I make more money off pvp against pirates and the occasional trader NPC than I have ever made in missions. Yesterday we sunk 5 of 6 pirate frigates in our brigs. It was 760xp and around 17k gold. That's just one fight. Granted a long one but still.

XP - there is no point leveling up past the ships you intend to use in this game. Unlike POTBS a level 7 captain in a cutter has nothing on a well skilled level 1 in the same cutter. Once you can sail a Cerb get off the leveling ladder and have some fun.

Owning ports - conquest is the name of the game only for those that choose it to be so. There is no map winner here and no map reset to wait for like POTBS. But the ports aren't really that important. x3 good Econ ports is enough to feed and entire squadron. The rest are just nice to have. If you can't defend a territory in one part of the map just move to one you can. There is far more strategy and play style potential in NA than POTBS.

Your not beat. Your morale is just low. Contact Slamz in game (pvp2).We'll help you out.

Edited by Bach
  • Like 2

As someone not involved in this war but who has read about it this comment you made sums up why you lost. You had almost nobody WILLING to defend and lots to attack but YOU guys decided you didnt want to attack.

You can hardly blame the US or British or french players for playing a pvp game. Nobody tells a football team it has to lose and go help the other team cuz the other team dont want to or cant play.

Live and learn. Stage a comeback. Become a small but strong spanish empire. Heck we are getting stomped by the US too but we are fighting and doing what we can and moving to places we can defend. This kind of game is always in motion and you can make what you want outa it. Hell maybe spain will temporarily become pirates themselves untill they build numbers.

Guys,

Don't get excited. This is why you have an open/early access so you can test how the meta game plays out.

Many other games have to deal with the issue of one faction being out of balance in terms of population.

It's easy to deal with by granting penalties and bonuses to xp and gold to factions based on population.  Lot's of other games use this mechanism.

If they deem it to be a problem, the devs will institute a solution.

But without players pushing the limits of game systems, issues aren't identified, and might make it into the launch version which would impact the long term health of the game.

So the US players have in fact done a great job at being beta testers, by helping to identify a major weakness in the meta game.