Game-Labs Forum
Remo

Devs, are you going to ever wipe crafting xp?

Just curious because one of my crafters and others I have talk to who do primarily crafting are incredibly worried that you will wipe it. Some people myself included are refusing to even craft really because of the potential for you to wipe crafting xp.

Put me and a lot of these poor hard working crafters at ease.

Also wiping it will lose you most of the hardcore crafters, but I figure you knew that.

Edited by Remo

Funny how people are pumping out trincomalees and constitutions daily and you're scared to craft because of what "might happen sometime in the future."

Funny how people are pumping out trincomalees and constitutions daily and you're scared to craft because of what "might happen sometime in the future."

Can't level regular XP while your leveling crafting XP.

Gotta do one or the other or have a line of people transporting goods to you.

This is a valid question, needs to be answered.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, because, let's say they decide to revamp the crafting system to have separate XP trees or something, or to make it harder or easier to get to the top, they can still just take whatever number you currently have and slap it into the next system. 

Numbers are very easy to just move from system to system. It's stuff like the various individual craft components that are much more likely to go bye bye in a revamp where they can't be transferred 1 to 1.

• Like 1

I want to know if my BPs will be wiped. I got lucky a couple times, I don't want to have to do it again, even with a new system that makes it easier. 

Edited by Pirate

I wouldn't worry about it too much, because, let's say they decide to revamp the crafting system to have separate XP trees or something, or to make it harder or easier to get to the top, they can still just take whatever number you currently have and slap it into the next system. 

Numbers are very easy to just move from system to system. It's stuff like the various individual craft components that are much more likely to go bye bye in a revamp where they can't be transferred 1 to 1.

Let's hope so.

No crafting wipe. Your crafting lvl is bound to your steam ID just like your xp and labor hours

Edited by Nash
  • Like 1

No crafting wipe. Your crafting lvl is bound to your steam ID just like your xp and labor hours

Well it's not from a dev, but I'm going to hold you to that. :P

My guildies will be happy to hear that.

Well it's not from a dev, but I'm going to hold you to that. :P

My guildies will be happy to hear that.

Im too lazy and sleepy to dig around but Admin said that before :D

Edited by Nash

They would put themselves in a sticky situation if they did wipe crafting, the market would basically crash and people would start charging stupid money for ships, the good news is that crafting notes would likely become cheaper though, if they do wipe it will be likely that it will be a blueprint wipe for bringing in a new crafting system based on research and investment not on luck and witchcraft :)

No XP wipe Captain.

Your rank is there forever since game head start on 19th. More ranks will be added at higher tiers some day.

Current rank is Rear Admiral we plan to add more up to Admiral of the Fleet and maybe governors.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/8719-will-it-be-any-wipes-after-early-access-start/

Hope might help

Kask