Game-Labs Forum

The Battle for Conttoy - USA vs UK PVP1 (Video)

Drakedge

A great fight between the Brits and USA last night in Conttoy. As always it was a great pleasure to fight the Brits, and I look forward to future encounters. The US in this fight were out weighed in ship class, which brings me to make a suggestion to the game, I feel that you should not be able to sail a ship that you can not crew to at least 80%

Still though it was a fun fight, and as the saying goes, you win some and you lose some. See you again soon Brits!

• Like 7

Well thats actually coming, with the next major patch in approx 2 weeks, you won't be able to do that.

Oh fantastic! I am not upset that it happened haha, it resulted in a fantastic fight! Just that we didn't have the fire power to deal with that much armor lol, and it kinda defeats the purpose of the crew mechanics. I hope that the suggestion doesn't sound like a whine, it's really a balance issue in my opinion.

These certainly have been the most fun fights yet, even if I lost my conny last night.

Oh fantastic! I am not upset that it happened haha, it resulted in a fantastic fight! Just that we didn't have the fire power to deal with that much armor lol, and it kinda defeats the purpose of the crew mechanics. I hope that the suggestion doesn't sound like a whine, it's really a balance issue in my opinion.

These certainly have been the most fun fights yet, even if I lost my conny last night.

It doesn't sound like a whine and to be fair it happened to us when we attacked Cuyo, but all in all it was a great fight. I might upload my side tonight where you can see the main lesson is to never bring medium cannons to a line fight and 2-3 third rates attempt a mating ritual. Whoever was on top of me had me 98% of water which really would have helped you out but I somehow managed to survive and get out.

Yeah it would be fun to see the other side of things! I enjoyed this fight a lot.

Definitely the best pb I've been in, Cuyo was fun but we were sorely outgunned for it, this was much more even but I'll be glad for the day undercrewing 3rd rates at Post Captain is no longer a thing (coming from a guy who was in one.) I'd much rather it be about tactics then battle rating.

Yeah I concur, both sides have done it, and it erases the tactics based on the guns / armor. I was 80% crewed in the conny for this fight, and I feel like that is an acceptable number for the system. That way you dont have people with 150 crew sailing a 3rd rate that needs 650 haha.

Cuyo was fun as it was intended to be an ambush on behalf of the USA, hopefully it felt that way. 

Just got done in Cazumil and it was a great fight also. I enjoy the good sports that the Brits field, there's always a friendly laughing conversation about the battle after the fight.

• Like 1

Great video, great battle well done all... Who was the SLRN captain that was getting eaten alive at approx 1 hour, I think I read snoopy but I watched the battle on my iPad so couldn't really see. Looked awesome, I'm sure there is more to come.

I try to record all my interesting fights. I need to figure out how to not record my teamspeak anymore though. Which is why I did not record a good fight today unfortunately. Once I have that figured out though I will be recording more and more of these fights, as I think they are a great deal of fun.

I love that we can joke around in open chat during the fight, and there's not a lot of name calling or childish things going on there. That has got to be my fave thing about fighting the Brits, they are FUN to fight, win or lose. 

80% kills the Consti as it currently is:

Post Captain gives 77%

Flag Captain is 100% but so is 3rd Rate which most people would take presently (for a line fight)

Yeah, I know, the Constitution, or the rank / crew system needs to be reworked as it does not fit any rank / crew capacity at the moment, that a larger ship (3rd rate) doesn't already fill. 

Captain in the USA gives you 78% crew, and the next rank gives you enough for the 3rd rate. I still feel, that that 80% crew marker is the marker to have. The new crew system for the next content patch kind of sounds like it will address the issue by in large, though it remains to be seen until that patch actually hits.

As it is now you go from ~350 crew to ~650 crew, completely skipping the conny with your ranks.

Edited by Drakedge

I love that we can joke around in open chat during the fight, and there's not a lot of name calling or childish things going on there. That has got to be my fave thing about fighting the Brits, they are FUN to fight, win or lose. 

This is my favourite part of fighting the Dutch. Every time I'm in battle with them we can still BS and have a laugh in chat; keep laughing and even a loss doesn't feel too bad.

Yeah, I know, the Constitution, or the rank / crew system needs to be reworked as it does not fit any rank / crew capacity at the moment, that a larger ship (3rd rate) doesn't already fill. 

Captain in the USA gives you 78% crew, and the next rank gives you enough for the 3rd rate. I still feel, that that 80% crew marker is the marker to have. The new crew system for the next content patch kind of sounds like it will address the issue by in large, though it remains to be seen until that patch actually hits.

As it is now you go from ~350 crew to ~650 crew, completely skipping the conny with your ranks.

If I was a betting man I'd say they will bump up the ranks so that flag captain gives you 500 and commodore gives you 650, perhaps with an XP adjustment down for Flag Captain to about 30k, but thats probably a discussion for another topic!

Yeah I concur, both sides have done it, and it erases the tactics based on the guns / armor. I was 80% crewed in the conny for this fight, and I feel like that is an acceptable number for the system. That way you dont have people with 150 crew sailing a 3rd rate that needs 650 haha.

Cuyo was fun as it was intended to be an ambush on behalf of the USA, hopefully it felt that way. 

Just got done in Cazumil and it was a great fight also. I enjoy the good sports that the Brits field, there's always a friendly laughing conversation about the battle after the fight.

80% kills the Consti as it currently is:

Post Captain gives 77%

Flag Captain is 100% but so is 3rd Rate which most people would take presently (for a line fight)

You guys are going to hate me then :P was told to take a clan mates conny in to that battle, died however during the last 3 minutes but i started with 50% crew :P. Took like 5 minutes to fire, you might have noticed me i was the solo one on the left at the start.