Game-Labs Forum

USA vs Spanish vias diplomáticas

Some of us were asleep all night, and it was at 5-8AM while other player of the Spanish Faction were sleeping. We can't play ALL days at this hour, we met some clans and organized the attack with people who volunteered at the hour.

That's quite literally the exact same thing we did to take the last Louisiana ports. I know, because I was the one to scrounge players together from different clans to commit to being up at that hour.

Yes, we can. No sleep to capture ports.

Do we like to get out of bed when everyone is asleep to capture ports?

No, we do not like anything.

If this system is not fixed, we will not play much longer.

A game that harms family life in this way is not a good game.

Sorry my bad english.

Then don't take part in that part of the game.  You don't have to, no one is forcing you.  This is just as bad as people who complain about the size of the map.  You don't have to sail across the entire map all the time: stay local; you don't have to get up to do port battles, play normal battles.  What you do is your choice, and you are not forced to do anything.  I stay up late and get up early to play because I can.  Why should the developers take into account people like you who can't get up early or stay up late on every thing they develop?  Not every part of the game should cater to casuals.  

Then don't take part in that part of the game.  You don't have to, no one is forcing you.  This is just as bad as people who complain about the size of the map.  You don't have to sail across the entire map all the time: stay local; you don't have to get up to do port battles, play normal battles.  What you do is your choice, and you are not forced to do anything.  I stay up late and get up early to play because I can.  Why should the developers take into account people like you who can't get up early or stay up late on every thing they develop?  Not every part of the game should cater to casuals.  

Deberian de entenderlo, y seguro que lo saben, que una gran parte de los jugadores ( yo diria la mayoria ) es gente de una edad alta, ya con familias y trabajos, ( no como en otros juegos , que pueden interesar mas a gente de edad joven ) , este juego lo compran gente con obligaciones , en este juego la mayoria de los ingresos, los tendran de este sector de la poblacion , con lo que antes o despues simplemente por vision empresarial  , te guste o no ,  los desarrolladores tendran que solventar esta eventualidad sino quieren que esta gente no compre el juego , y el juego solo sea adquirido por la gente que vive en un hemisferio del globo .

Should understand, and certainly know that a lot of the players (I would say most) are people of high age, and with families and jobs, (not like in other games, which may interest more people from young age), this game they buy people with obligations in this game most revenue, will have in this sector of the population, which sooner or later simply by business vision, like it or not, developers will have to solve this eventuality but these people do not want to buy the game, and the game just is purchased by people living in one hemisphere of the globe.

Y haz el favor de tener educacion , y si vas a postear en esta seccion . hazlo en español. (spanish section)

Un saludo

Edited by BlasDeLezo

Vamos a ver entiendo que haya diplomacia y esas mierdas, pero este foro es el de lengua espańola no el de la facción espańola y lo digo sin acritud, pero si mandas a alguien a dialogar que menos que sepa castellano macho, ahora resultara que en Estados Unidos nadie sabe castellano cuando dentro de unos ańos será la lengua dominante, y el chico por lo menos lo ha intentado pero macho otros ni eso.

Me gustaría saber lo que tardan en moderarme si me pongo a hablar en espańol en el chat ruso o inglés.

Me sorprende mucho lo que dice un portavoz de los desarrolladores, algo como: "Creíamos que iba a haber muchos jugadores con la facción española como en PoTBS". Pienso que es difícil de creer tal cosa. En PoTBS había menos facciones, y de hecho la mayoría de los que jugaban con España eran USA, y en parte también países nórdicos y del este de Europa.

Edited by Nehaektas
  • Like 1

Me sorprende mucho lo que dice un portavoz de los desarrolladores, algo como: "Creíamos que iba a haber muchos jugadores con la facción española como en PoTBS". Pienso que es difícil de creer tal cosa. En PoTBS había menos facciones, y de hecho la mayoría de los que jugaban con España eran USA, y en parte también países nórdicos y del este de Europa.

Tiene mucho sentido eso... yo de verdad, creo que este problema se arreglaría simplemente controlando lo del horario y permitiendo alianzas de facciones.

Y como ya se comentó en muchos otros posts... y parece que los desarrolladores están teniendo en cuenta... mejorar las fortalezas y que sea más fácil su defensa, aunque sea invirtiendo dinero en ese puerto para mejorarlo.

Que tomar un puerto importante te lleve tiempo, no un asalto como si tomaras una aldea de pescadores.

Edited by Barcelo

Tiene mucho sentido eso... yo de verdad, creo que este problema se arreglaría simplemente controlando lo del horario y permitiendo alianzas de facciones.

Y como ya se comentó en muchos otros posts... y parece que los desarrolladores están teniendo en cuenta... mejorar las fortalezas y que sea más fácil su defensa, aunque sea invirtiendo dinero en ese puerto para mejorarlo.

Que tomar un puerto importante te lleve tiempo, no un asalto como si tomaras una aldea de pescadores.

Está claro, lo de la mejora de los puertos. Fundamental. No es lo mismo históricamente hablando conquistar La Habana o Cartagena de Indias que son (eran) verdaderos bastiones, que, por ejemplo, Alacranes. Que no es que Alacranes no sea una posición estratégicamente importante (que lo es) pero es que La Habana o Cartagena de Indias serán la una o la otra capital de la facción española.

Soy nuevo por aquí, pero lo que comentais suena a que haya "niveles" de fortificación y que la conquista de un puerto pueda tener varias fases en función de su nivel de fortificación, o algo así?

Es una función que esperamos que implementen en un futuro, sí. 

I think what happened last night shows the truth and wisdom of my comments.

We were attacked in our prime time by three different nations at once, pulling on upwards of 4 flags at a time. Included in these nations were the Spanish who according to you can't find a way to attack us during our timers. The others can attack us during our timers with stregnth but you insist that we are using a gimick. Because YOU can't muster a fight at our times then we are being unfair yet we just got attacked by three nations at once. They pulled 12 flags on us last night. Your argument falls into obscurity. I hope you are intellectually honest enough to recognize it.

You're hilarious.

You want to talk about intellectual honesty?  Did you resist the Spanish who took back ports in Mexico, did you count their numbers?  If Spain pulled off this offensive without the support of the pirates and the British, are you honestly going sit and pretend like the numbers mustered at that time were a match for your faction at it's supposed "prime-time"?  I don't know if it's really worth talking to you if you can't put points like this together on your own, because that is an immense amount of mental gymnastics you're going to have to put yourself through to act out the point you're trying to make.

You've been exclusively fighting the pirates and losing ports to them all on your own at your prime-time as well, we've observed this, and with a low numbers at the time you set for our ports, the only option OUR faction had was to take advantage of the actions of other factions to make our own gains at a time of your choosing, not ours.  So don't cry about getting teamed up on, that's your own fault for setting timers so late and all at the same time in the most vulnerable fashion, forcing offensives like this to be a necessity for us to retake important regions.

Your diplomatic stance with your neigbors =/= a port timer you set at a time when the vast majority of our faction cannot be on to fight over.  Diplomacy is not a gimmick, it is the essence of what this game is trying to capture.  We didn't cry when the Panama British decided to team up with the Dutch to crush us at Canalete, because diplomacy is as much a legitimate part of the strategies each nation must take into account when engaging one and another, a port timer is a foreign instrument used solely by nations to protect themselves without actually defending themselves in actual PvP.  It disjoints conflict completely and puts strong nations with strong player-bases in a position where they literally cannot do anything in retaliation because a magical barrier prevents them from doing anything until x and x time.

As we said before, this game should be governed by the diplomatic and martial prowess of a nation in combat and at the table of negotiations, not based on what time a player-base can be awake at.  So please, spare me the "oh look, your faction raised a few small clans in coordination with two other NATIONS to attack us, how can you say you can't put up a fight at our prime-time?!", a silly point like this is easily rebuked by anyone who is "intellectually honest" about the situation our two nations are in.

Note also: we took back ports in Mexico that were rightfully ours, we have no plans to bring the fight to you in Florida, nor had we any plans to do so prior to our issues with the British currently.  Now that we have our ports back in Mexico and mostly Cuba from you, a ceasefire and possible future peace is definitely possible, and we have already reached out to your leaders in private on this issue.  We're not interested in staying awake until late hours of the night just to fight you for ports we don't care about, what was done was done purely to recover what was ours and re-establish ourselves in our strongholds.  If you refuse to budge of the issue of port timers, we're not going to beat a dead horse on it with you, we've moved on from our conflict with you to something that is fun and relevant to our daytime community.

Edited by TsunamiEmperor

• 8 months later...