Game-Labs Forum

USA vs Spanish vias diplomáticas

What I don't understand is how you expect to be taken seriously in "diplomatic negotiations" when you hold a poorly implemented game mechanic as your main bartering currency?  Do you not have the self-awareness to see how pathetically ridiculous it is to hold a faction ransom by abusing the timezone your faction can play on and ours cannot?- I don't see actually, with all do respect. The port timer mechanic in my opinion is not broke and its doing exactly what the developers wanted it to do and that is provide the defenders the ability to protect against night flips. The Spanish nation as well set their initial timers to a time that benefited them and not us. We set ours to when we had the most on. I know many in the Spanish nation don't believe that but it is true. In fact we wanted it one hour earlier but the game did not allow it.

If you wanted good faith between our factions you wouldn't have resorted to setting every single timer to 4-6am, I don't care what your relations were with our leaders at the time, but resorting to tactics like that as consistently as your faction has and then basically saying to us, "we'll give you peace if you play by our rules, if you don't like it, we'll keep taking ports and leave the timers as they are"- I don't understand this conclusion. What rules are we asking you to play by? If there is a peace we play side by side and not against each other so how exactly are we dictating rules you don't like? I'm confused by this logic.  Why don't you set the timers to a neutral hour for both factions and let the PvP just play out rather than putting us in a position where whether or not we can resist you in a fight doesn't matter ultimately? -Simple, we have learned through this that the taking of ports are boring as hell for now. We'd much rather spend most of our time fighting ship to ship then towers. Having less attacks on our ports means more open ocean fighting. Also, at the moment we are pressed by to many flanks, You, English, and Pirates. Our port timers are the only things that allow us to meet all threats. It is simple strategy Many of us had no problem fighting you, we went as far as your Florida coast to pick fights with you even after you started flipping the timers against us, and then the very same night we attacked players off your coast which resulted in a fleet battle we won, you came down to Matanzas when we logged off and flipped the timer there too. - If you read the post I put in the English chat that shows the full conversation with RAE at the beginning, you will see how I offered to help you with your port timers and you can see the response I got. You will also see that I pointed out the weakness of your position with regards to no port timers. We were essentially told that you all didn't care and preferred war instead knowing full well that many of your ports would fall to this mechanic. It was an invitation and an acceptance on your part. Its to late to cry over something you could have prevented a long time ago and many time in between. Whats at stake now is the same as before, do you want to continue warring or do you want to have some peace before the next wipe which could be months away?

The only way I can see a reasonable discussion with you people is a discussion over keeping the timers at a neutral hour for both factions, and then if diplomacy becomes necessary for one or the other, we enter into a conversation of that nature when the time comes.  No one in our faction is going to accept negotiations on the premise that you keep taking ports from us when we're mostly offline, and then flipping the timers to prevent any meaningful recourse, that's a complete joke to anyone of sound mind.- if there is a negotiation, it is to cease hostilities. The port timers at that time become irrelevant unless you just plan on using the peace to build stregnth to attack us again shortly. Your argument makes no sense.

I will say I am aware of the early communications between us and you, and at the time I was new to RAE and had nothing to do with those communications, nor did anyone else other than the people directly involved for that matter.  The majority of the people you are fighting are fighting because they enjoy the fight, not because they care about the politics, and I do not respect the actions you have taken thus far to punish the faction as a whole for the decision and silliness of a few people behind closed doors.  I personally would be open to fresh talks at some point in the future when everything is less messy on our side, and we get certain things in order, but until then there really isn't anything to discuss when your main advantage over us is a port timer.- I've been told by Spanish players that in the beginning the neutral ports you took were also set at timers to prevent us from attacking you because it was not our prime time. It is simply a strategy. It is just one that didn't help you because we took your ports no matter what time you set. You are simply upset because you don't have the organization or player base to do the same. That is not the mechanic fault as we have proven by taking your ports during your timer and our "early morning". RAE represented the Spanish nation and still kind of does until you all change it. RAE was by far the biggest and controlling clan and not one single person in the whole of the Spanish nation did anything to argue with us against their decision. We may have negotiated with one group but the entire Spanish nation accepted it. We offered cease fires and peace countless times in the forums to the whole Spanish nation without any response until now. The blame is on RAE for the start of the war but the responsibility of its outcome is on the whole Spanish nation.

As of now your offer of giving us the privilege to merely exist in the game is thoroughly rebuffed on that merit alone, if you want to come to the table seriously and offer a solution to make PvP between our factions possible at a fair hour, I for one am listening and it's possible from that discussion to discuss a peace agreement in the meantime.  Many of us are discussing the situation we're in at the moment, and the failures of the people who have made all of these decisions thus far, and a change is also being discussed.= This here is the problem with Spanish diplomacy. It has been made clear that the peace offer proposed was the BEGINNING not the final product. It was a way to start building trust and for the purpose of opening doors to many directions of negotiations. The offer was not to make the game more fun for you but to make peace. Part of that motivation came from the fact that you were loosing so many people and we didn't want to make it worse without at least trying to stop it through the offer of peace. This was a peace or at a minimum border arrangement that would eliminate our factions fighting for ports so there is no reason to come to the table with a port timer arrangement if border peace is what is sought after.

Again, you may not like our timers. It may make it difficult for you but these timers are set at our prime time so that WE don't have to worry about night flips and even though we set them at this time we still have the pirates pushing us and the Brits attacking during them. Reducing those timers and returning to war with you with the anticipation that RAE is about to loose their properties down south and will be returning to Cuba and the gulf, is not something we are able to do strategically. It will weaken us to much. Like the timers or not, we have a nation to protect and we could have the force of three full groups on our doorstep in a day or two.

- I don't see actually, with all do respect. The port timer mechanic in my opinion is not broke and its doing exactly what the developers wanted it to do and that is provide the defenders the ability to protect against night flips. The Spanish nation as well set their initial timers to a time that benefited them and not us. We set ours to when we had the most on. I know many in the Spanish nation don't believe that but it is true. In fact we wanted it one hour earlier but the game did not allow it.

I'd love to see a quote of the developers saying that using port timers to prevent a faction from mounting an effective counter-attack from being possible is the intended goal of the timers, because as far as I'm concerned in a game that is generally RvR oriented by the nature of what this game is, that is a very strange mentality to apply to a game like this and expect the player-base to grow from.  This is a game that is generally PvP oriented by the nature, this particular dimension of how the timers work diminishes PvP confrontations almost completely, and that should not be a developers intention of how they want port assaults to work in that context, that's just plain ridiculous.

The timers should be in place to prevent attacks happening at an hour where no defense can be mustered, not to prevent an enemy from being able to mount an effective offense against you by utilizing what is essentially a gimmick of what this current port timer system entails.  Whether certain Spanish players set timers in a similar fashion is true or not, which I highly doubt considering the fact that you clearly have been able to expand relatively unhindered, has no bearing on the faction as a whole.  Your gripe is with those people specifically, going forward and steam-rolling the entire faction over the decision of a few goes beyond simply being competitive, and is more indicative of making the game more personal than it should be.  You could have easily just taken the Key West stretch of ports and simply held it with your 4-6am timer abuse, but you decided to go above and beyond and take the entire northern coastline of Cuba.  RAE as a clan was virtually unaffected by this, new players and the faction as a whole however was severely damaged, and there is absolutely no excuse for that.

- I don't understand this conclusion. What rules are we asking you to play by? If there is a peace we play side by side and not against each other so how exactly are we dictating rules you don't like? I'm confused by this logic

It's pretty straight forward logic man, your options for us are essentially to take a peace agreement with no other option, you're using a gimmicky application of the port timers to prevent us from actually counter-attacking your pushes, rather than just outright letting us play out the conflict fairly within the paradigm of what PvP is in essence.  You're taking ports with no timers overnight, flipping the time on it, and leaving us with virtually nothing to negotiate.  We can't fight or threaten you solely because of this gimmick, so where exactly does diplomacy fit in? You've taken everything we can offer off the table by merely using an out of combat mechanic, leaving negotiations completely hollow and pointless.  What if we want a war with you, what if it was fun for us to attack your ports and engage in a tug of war?  Why do we have to make peace with you just to be able to play the game how we want?  If you can't understand that then I can't put it any other way.

Simple, we have learned through this that the taking of ports are boring as hell for now. We'd much rather spend most of our time fighting ship to ship then towers. Having less attacks on our ports means more open ocean fighting. Also, at the moment we are pressed by to many flanks, You, English, and Pirates. Our port timers are the only things that allow us to meet all threats. It is simple strategy 

Then here's a tip, get better at intercepting invading fleets/flag carriers, and keep the fight outside of the port.  Very simple stuff, that's how we defended our ports from the Dutch for week or so that we were down in Canalete, we caught their flag carriers in open ocean and sunk them.  We didn't have to use a gimmick to defend ourselves at our factions mutual prime-time with the Dutch, we came up with very simple RvR tactics to fight the Dutch on our terms.  As far as being pressed by too many flanks is concerned, trust me, we know how that feels. :P 

- If you read the post I put in the English chat that shows the full conversation with RAE at the beginning, you will see how I offered to help you with your port timers and you can see the response I got. You will also see that I pointed out the weakness of your position with regards to no port timers. We were essentially told that you all didn't care and preferred war instead knowing full well that many of your ports would fall to this mechanic. It was an invitation and an acceptance on your part. Its to late to cry over something you could have prevented a long time ago and many time in between. Whats at stake now is the same as before, do you want to continue warring or do you want to have some peace before the next wipe which could be months away? 

Yes, and had that been me at the other end of those communications I would have probably accepted your friendship and concluded an alliance with your factions, sadly you spoke to someone else to whom did not represent the majority of the factions feelings towards yours.  As far as I was concerned, and frankly the rest of the faction was concerned, we were at war with you for vague reasons involving being attacked or something.  This isn't a TV drama where one man gets to the bottom of why our factions were at war and exposes the guilty party to avert the war, this is a game where most people are here out of enjoyment of the epic battles like the one near Rio Seco/Jobe, and the other battles that happened around the Keys, this was ruined with the port timer debacle that arose.  Furthermore, most of us were new to the game, and didn't even understand the port mechanic to begin with, we were more concerned with experiencing the PvP in the game, and figuring everything else out that pertained directly to our own experiences of the game.

A better question is do you want to continue using a game mechanic to protect your faction from us, or do you want to discuss fighting fairly with mutually agreed port timers.  Your members like talking about not splitting the community, how about not killing the Spanish community by pummeling the northern part of Cuba/Mexico whilst hiding behind this mechanic?  We're not discussing peace whilst you use this mechanic as your way to levy it from us, I don't respect that as a die-hard PvP'er in games like this.  You earn peace by legitimately taking and holding your territory in equal measure, and leaving us in a position where we have no choice but to acknowledge your supremacy.  At the moment I'm not convinced of that in the slightest, at the moment this conflict has essentially been you punching us in the face with our hands tied behind our back.

if there is a negotiation, it is to cease hostilities. The port timers at that time become irrelevant unless you just plan on using the peace to build stregnth to attack us again shortly. Your argument makes no sense.

What I just wrote above makes perfect sense, it would probably benefit you to give it a quick reread if it goes over your head the first time... I didn't mention a discussion about peace, I'm saying our primary discussion should be setting neutral port timers to continue to play out the conflict between us fairly, and if after that peace becomes a better option for both of us, we can discuss it in good faith... again, very simple stuff.  At the moment you can't be crying about splitting the community and then setting timers that essentially split the community, that's painfully hypocritical.

- I've been told by Spanish players that in the beginning the neutral ports you took were also set at timers to prevent us from attacking you because it was not our prime time. It is simply a strategy. It is just one that didn't help you because we took your ports no matter what time you set. You are simply upset because you don't have the organization or player base to do the same. That is not the mechanic fault as we have proven by taking your ports during your timer and our "early morning". RAE represented the Spanish nation and still kind of does until you all change it. RAE was by far the biggest and controlling clan and not one single person in the whole of the Spanish nation did anything to argue with us against their decision. We may have negotiated with one group but the entire Spanish nation accepted it. We offered cease fires and peace countless times in the forums to the whole Spanish nation without any response until now. The blame is on RAE for the start of the war but the responsibility of its outcome is on the whole Spanish nation.

It's a gimmick, it's not even close to a strategy, it doesn't take much thought to put a port on a timer that your opponent is unable to muster forces due to being a human being with a life outside of the game.  If anything you can call it a very greasy tactic at best, and I've been vocally against the use of timers as a way to prevent attacks anytime I've seen it used as of recently by our faction.  Though I will say I did make the mistake of leaving one port set at a very late time after arguing as to when the port timer should be set, myself and the person who was arguing in favor of setting the timer at a normal hour decided to just relent for the time being and set it at the stupid hour with the intention to return to the port and set it to a fair hour, which we forgot to do.  When we realized we forgot, it was already too late, and we were punished for it.

Oh please, don't even try and pull that line on me, I was there for both the ports you took at prime-time, and you did it solely on the fact that both those ports were virtually indefensible given our position at the time, and given the fact that most Spanish had given up the north by virtue of the timer abuse beginning to take wind.  You had every advantage in taking Las Tortugas and Cayo de Sal, all you had to do was wait for a favorable wind and launch the attack after throwing us off with your initial flag purchase for Mugeres.  Had you attempted that against Mariel at our prime-time, it would have been a completely different story, many of us didn't make it to both those fights until the tail end of both just because we had to fight the wind the whole way there from our original positions as to where we thought you were going to attack.  Having the initiative was a huge advantage for both those ports for your factions, Spanish prime-time or not.

= This here is the problem with Spanish diplomacy. It has been made clear that the peace offer proposed was the BEGINNING not the final product. It was a way to start building trust and for the purpose of opening doors to many directions of negotiations. The offer was not to make the game more fun for you but to make peace. Part of that motivation came from the fact that you were loosing so many people and we didn't want to make it worse without at least trying to stop it through the offer of peace. This was a peace or at a minimum border arrangement that would eliminate our factions fighting for ports so there is no reason to come to the table with a port timer arrangement if border peace is what is sought after.

Again, you may not like our timers. It may make it difficult for you but these timers are set at our prime time so that WE don't have to worry about night flips and even though we set them at this time we still have the pirates pushing us and the Brits attacking during them. Reducing those timers and returning to war with you with the anticipation that RAE is about to loose their properties down south and will be returning to Cuba and the gulf, is not something we are able to do strategically. It will weaken us to much. Like the timers or not, we have a nation to protect and we could have the force of three full groups on our doorstep in a day or two.

Your inability to predict the consequences of your actions simply speaks to your strength of perception, not our diplomacy.  I repeat again, peace is manufactured at the end of a conflict, not at the end of a game mechanic being used to prevent one.  I understand that you want better relations with us, and to be honest the feeling is mutual, but not like this.  Your order of priorities is something I absolutely do not agree with, port timers are absolutely not something to be used in negotiation for peace.  If you really care about keeping the community healthy you'd avoid resorting to anti-PvP behavior like this, and we are now in a position where people like myself and the people within RAE who share my sentiment about the port timers can be vocal enough to prevent our side from doing it as opposed to whatever was done to trigger this in the past.  I was not an officer in the clan at the time that this war started, but I and a few others are now, and with that I carry more influence in the way things generally operate.

I will be clear, I am open to a peace discussion and a renewal of talks between our factions, but not while you have the port timers as your main shield against us if these talks end fruitlessly.  As far as I'm concerned that is a completely reasonable approach to have in regards to dealing with the current situation, I am not the original person you spoke to weeks ago from RAE, I am a person with a much different mentality that will do his best to represent the sentiment of Spanish players within the clan, and hopefully faction-wide.  That's also not to say that we expect peace talks to end fruitlessly, as I think we both still have something to offer to one and another, with the port timer issue set aside.

Edited by TsunamiEmperor

Yo tengo la teoria que invadieron todos los puertos Españoles porque sospechaban que teníamos armas de destrucción massiva y tenían que democratizar nuestra monarquia imperialista en el caribe. 

;)

So, to make short a long story: until port timers stay as they are, US (ingame) has an objective advantage - being impossible to take back ports they conquer - if another faction does not hire enough US (in real life) players. US were good in using this mechanics and we Spainiards were dumb. Ok. I accept everithing.

But the problem of the poor balancing stands still.

So let's try some proposals.

In example: if changing the timers is a "taboo" for US (as it seems), why do not modulate the XP and gold gain rate of players with an algorithm that gives increasingly more XP and gold to the factions that have less ports? This way the games provides a sort of built in automatic "self balancing" feature that should induce players to choose both large or small factions and that should create conditions for a more shifting situation of the wars, without the need of a reset of the map as in POTBS and then keeping the sandbox strure of the game (of course, such feature implies that, in the final game, it will not possible to change faction without loosing the rank).

Despues de leer mucho y más, sigo pensando que el problema no es la mecánica de captura de puertos, el problema principal seguirá siendo el mismo de siempre y sólo hay una solución, SERVIDOR USA por un lado y SERVIDOR EU por otro lado. Mientras haya jugadores con tanto desfase horario siempre pasará lo mismo.

Al menos esa es mi opinión, un saludo.

Bueno, aunque llevo muy poco por aquí acabo de leer este post, y la verdad que es uno de los más divertidos que he leído en años. A ver, corregidme si me equivoco:

Los americanos han hecho una estrategia consistente en ocupar puertos mientras toda Europa duerme? Jajajaja, en serio?? Jajajaja y lo que no entiendo, para que quieren una paz ahora?? Digo yo la paz la piden los derrotados , no? Jajajajajaja. Por que no siguen conquistando?

Y el pobre hombre este, el tal jonny red, dice que atacar cuando nadie defiende porque está dormido es una estrategia, Jajajajajaja, la verdad que pensando lo bien es una estrategia genial, la verdad es que los españoles somos tontos, no se como no se nos ha ocurrido a nosotros. En fin queridos enemigos virtuales americanos, creo que ante esa exquisita, refinada, e increíble estrategia,digna de una mente privilegiada sólo podemos quitarnos el sombrero y saludar a estos grandísimos adversarios.

Pd. Voy a hablar con mi hijo pequeño a ver si me ayuda a concebir una estrategia parecida a la de nuestros amigos del otro lado del océano.

Pd 2. De verdad que a ninguno de nosotros no se le ha ocurrido atarcalos mientras ellos duermen?? Jajajaja

Bueno, aunque llevo muy poco por aquí acabo de leer este post, y la verdad que es uno de los más divertidos que he leído en años. A ver, corregidme si me equivoco:

Los americanos han hecho una estrategia consistente en ocupar puertos mientras toda Europa duerme? Jajajaja, en serio?? Jajajaja y lo que no entiendo, para que quieren una paz ahora?? Digo yo la paz la piden los derrotados , no? Jajajajajaja. Por que no siguen conquistando?

Y el pobre hombre este, el tal jonny red, dice que atacar cuando nadie defiende porque está dormido es una estrategia, Jajajajajaja, la verdad que pensando lo bien es una estrategia genial, la verdad es que los españoles somos tontos, no se como no se nos ha ocurrido a nosotros. En fin queridos enemigos virtuales americanos, creo que ante esa exquisita, refinada, e increíble estrategia,digna de una mente privilegiada sólo podemos quitarnos el sombrero y saludar a estos grandísimos adversarios.

Pd. Voy a hablar con mi hijo pequeño a ver si me ayuda a concebir una estrategia parecida a la de nuestros amigos del otro lado del océano.

Pd 2. De verdad que a ninguno de nosotros no se le ha ocurrido atarcalos mientras ellos duermen?? Jajajaja

el problema esque ellos siempre tienen jugadores, tienen europeos jugando en esa faccion, por lo tanto son capaces de atacarte puertos a las 4 de la tarde hora española como a las 5 de la mañana.... el caso es que su hora para defender siempre será las 5 de la mañana para que no tengas oportunidad, porque se ha comprobado en varias ocasiones que a las 9-00.00 de la noche tienen la gente suficiente para atacar y defender... simplemente no quieren correr riesgos aunque farden de ser los mejores.

Exploit., no se puede.

Todos los puertos españoles iniciales no tienen horario restringido, luego ellos pueden atacarlos a la hora que quieran.

Pero nosotros, salvo creo que 6 iniciales arriba del todo, no podemos atacarles a ninguna hora excepto las 4-6 de la madrugada, cuando nadie está despierto.

Luego no se les puede atacar, salvo que se arregle el exploit horario.

La respuesta a la sugerencia de arreglar el exploit ha sido una serie de calificativos no reproducibles en horario infantil hacia nosotros.

T.

Edited by Txibi

Jajajaja usea ellos se lo guisab y ellos se lo comen.

En serio? No se puede atacar sus puertos a cualquier hora? Lol bueno que le vamos a hacer, les pasa como a mi hijo hay que dejarlo ganar para que no lloré, pero bueno el tiene 4 años.

Propongo realizar una reunión de los dievrsos clanes interesados en hacer causa común por el bien de España, con el fin de organizarnos mejor de cara a despues del reseteo, tambien meteria a todo aquel hijo de vecino que no se haya decantado por ningún clan pero que le muevan los mismos intereses

Ya existe un Consejo de clanes donde abierta y libremente se discute el devenir de los acontecimientos para dar respuesta en la medida de nuestras posibilidades a los mismos.

Un saludo.

I'd love to see a quote of the developers saying that using port timers to prevent a faction from mounting an effective counter-attack from being possible is the intended goal of the timers, because as far as I'm concerned in a game that is generally RvR oriented by the nature of what this game is, that is a very strange mentality to apply to a game like this and expect the player-base to grow from.  This is a game that is generally PvP oriented by the nature, this particular dimension of how the timers work diminishes PvP confrontations almost completely, and that should not be a developers intention of how they want port assaults to work in that context, that's just plain ridiculous.

The timers should be in place to prevent attacks happening at an hour where no defense can be mustered, not to prevent an enemy from being able to mount an effective offense against you by utilizing what is essentially a gimmick of what this current port timer system entails.  Whether certain Spanish players set timers in a similar fashion is true or not, which I highly doubt considering the fact that you clearly have been able to expand relatively unhindered, has no bearing on the faction as a whole.  Your gripe is with those people specifically, going forward and steam-rolling the entire faction over the decision of a few goes beyond simply being competitive, and is more indicative of making the game more personal than it should be.  You could have easily just taken the Key West stretch of ports and simply held it with your 4-6am timer abuse, but you decided to go above and beyond and take the entire northern coastline of Cuba.  RAE as a clan was virtually unaffected by this, new players and the faction as a whole however was severely damaged, and there is absolutely no excuse for that.

It's pretty straight forward logic man, your options for us are essentially to take a peace agreement with no other option, you're using a gimmicky application of the port timers to prevent us from actually counter-attacking your pushes, rather than just outright letting us play out the conflict fairly within the paradigm of what PvP is in essence.  You're taking ports with no timers overnight, flipping the time on it, and leaving us with virtually nothing to negotiate.  We can't fight or threaten you solely because of this gimmick, so where exactly does diplomacy fit in? You've taken everything we can offer off the table by merely using an out of combat mechanic, leaving negotiations completely hollow and pointless.  What if we want a war with you, what if it was fun for us to attack your ports and engage in a tug of war?  Why do we have to make peace with you just to be able to play the game how we want?  If you can't understand that then I can't put it any other way.

Then here's a tip, get better at intercepting invading fleets/flag carriers, and keep the fight outside of the port.  Very simple stuff, that's how we defended our ports from the Dutch for week or so that we were down in Canalete, we caught their flag carriers in open ocean and sunk them.  We didn't have to use a gimmick to defend ourselves at our factions mutual prime-time with the Dutch, we came up with very simple RvR tactics to fight the Dutch on our terms.  As far as being pressed by too many flanks is concerned, trust me, we know how that feels. :P 

Yes, and had that been me at the other end of those communications I would have probably accepted your friendship and concluded an alliance with your factions, sadly you spoke to someone else to whom did not represent the majority of the factions feelings towards yours.  As far as I was concerned, and frankly the rest of the faction was concerned, we were at war with you for vague reasons involving being attacked or something.  This isn't a TV drama where one man gets to the bottom of why our factions were at war and exposes the guilty party to avert the war, this is a game where most people are here out of enjoyment of the epic battles like the one near Rio Seco/Jobe, and the other battles that happened around the Keys, this was ruined with the port timer debacle that arose.  Furthermore, most of us were new to the game, and didn't even understand the port mechanic to begin with, we were more concerned with experiencing the PvP in the game, and figuring everything else out that pertained directly to our own experiences of the game.

A better question is do you want to continue using a game mechanic to protect your faction from us, or do you want to discuss fighting fairly with mutually agreed port timers.  Your members like talking about not splitting the community, how about not killing the Spanish community by pummeling the northern part of Cuba/Mexico whilst hiding behind this mechanic?  We're not discussing peace whilst you use this mechanic as your way to levy it from us, I don't respect that as a die-hard PvP'er in games like this.  You earn peace by legitimately taking and holding your territory in equal measure, and leaving us in a position where we have no choice but to acknowledge your supremacy.  At the moment I'm not convinced of that in the slightest, at the moment this conflict has essentially been you punching us in the face with our hands tied behind our back.

What I just wrote above makes perfect sense, it would probably benefit you to give it a quick reread if it goes over your head the first time... I didn't mention a discussion about peace, I'm saying our primary discussion should be setting neutral port timers to continue to play out the conflict between us fairly, and if after that peace becomes a better option for both of us, we can discuss it in good faith... again, very simple stuff.  At the moment you can't be crying about splitting the community and then setting timers that essentially split the community, that's painfully hypocritical.

It's a gimmick, it's not even close to a strategy, it doesn't take much thought to put a port on a timer that your opponent is unable to muster forces due to being a human being with a life outside of the game.  If anything you can call it a very greasy tactic at best, and I've been vocally against the use of timers as a way to prevent attacks anytime I've seen it used as of recently by our faction.  Though I will say I did make the mistake of leaving one port set at a very late time after arguing as to when the port timer should be set, myself and the person who was arguing in favor of setting the timer at a normal hour decided to just relent for the time being and set it at the stupid hour with the intention to return to the port and set it to a fair hour, which we forgot to do.  When we realized we forgot, it was already too late, and we were punished for it.

Oh please, don't even try and pull that line on me, I was there for both the ports you took at prime-time, and you did it solely on the fact that both those ports were virtually indefensible given our position at the time, and given the fact that most Spanish had given up the north by virtue of the timer abuse beginning to take wind.  You had every advantage in taking Las Tortugas and Cayo de Sal, all you had to do was wait for a favorable wind and launch the attack after throwing us off with your initial flag purchase for Mugeres.  Had you attempted that against Mariel at our prime-time, it would have been a completely different story, many of us didn't make it to both those fights until the tail end of both just because we had to fight the wind the whole way there from our original positions as to where we thought you were going to attack.  Having the initiative was a huge advantage for both those ports for your factions, Spanish prime-time or not.

Your inability to predict the consequences of your actions simply speaks to your strength of perception, not our diplomacy.  I repeat again, peace is manufactured at the end of a conflict, not at the end of a game mechanic being used to prevent one.  I understand that you want better relations with us, and to be honest the feeling is mutual, but not like this.  Your order of priorities is something I absolutely do not agree with, port timers are absolutely not something to be used in negotiation for peace.  If you really care about keeping the community healthy you'd avoid resorting to anti-PvP behavior like this, and we are now in a position where people like myself and the people within RAE who share my sentiment about the port timers can be vocal enough to prevent our side from doing it as opposed to whatever was done to trigger this in the past.  I was not an officer in the clan at the time that this war started, but I and a few others are now, and with that I carry more influence in the way things generally operate.

I will be clear, I am open to a peace discussion and a renewal of talks between our factions, but not while you have the port timers as your main shield against us if these talks end fruitlessly.  As far as I'm concerned that is a completely reasonable approach to have in regards to dealing with the current situation, I am not the original person you spoke to weeks ago from RAE, I am a person with a much different mentality that will do his best to represent the sentiment of Spanish players within the clan, and hopefully faction-wide.  That's also not to say that we expect peace talks to end fruitlessly, as I think we both still have something to offer to one and another, with the port timer issue set aside.

I think what happened last night shows the truth and wisdom of my comments.

We were attacked in our prime time by three different nations at once, pulling on upwards of 4 flags at a time. Included in these nations were the Spanish who according to you can't find a way to attack us during our timers. The others can attack us during our timers with stregnth but you insist that we are using a gimick. Because YOU can't muster a fight at our times then we are being unfair yet we just got attacked by three nations at once. They pulled 12 flags on us last night. Your argument falls into obscurity. I hope you are intellectually honest enough to recognize it.

Yes, we can. No sleep to capture ports.

Do we like to get out of bed when everyone is asleep to capture ports?

No, we do not like anything.

If this system is not fixed, we will not play much longer.

A game that harms family life in this way is not a good game.

Sorry my bad english.

• Like 1

no pienso ellos quieran entenderlo ni si lo vas a escibir en esperanto u si anades dibujitos. 

De todas formas los devs ya indicaron qual serà la soluccion: wipe and todos lo puertos seran neutrales excepto las capitales.

Edited by victor

I think what happened last night shows the truth and wisdom of my comments.

We were attacked in our prime time by three different nations at once, pulling on upwards of 4 flags at a time. Included in these nations were the Spanish who according to you can't find a way to attack us during our timers. The others can attack us during our timers with stregnth but you insist that we are using a gimick. Because YOU can't muster a fight at our times then we are being unfair yet we just got attacked by three nations at once. They pulled 12 flags on us last night. Your argument falls into obscurity. I hope you are intellectually honest enough to recognize it.

Some of us were asleep all night, and it was at 5-8AM while other player of the Spanish Faction were sleeping. We can't play ALL days at this hour, we met some clans and organized the attack with people who volunteered at the hour.