Game-Labs Forum

Good Battles thread

ICE_MAN

ARIA: but buying flag is the only way to get you from yours hideouts!!!

Wait what? You spent nearly 1 million gold-"credits" to get a battle against the french?

Next time give me a call. I will arrange that for you, guaranteed!

hey "france", any interest in 500k Gold-Credits for an arranged 25v25 OW battle?

edit: #1 typos, #2 found even moar!

Edited by semTex
  • Like 2

TBH, now that you destroyed this Topic anways...

Sit together in TS, since you both are perhaps equal strong and split the nation in two parts. The hypocritical posts, the bad arguments done by both sides are just poor. DSL had the same like PFK does now, we alse felt cheated in the west. Perhaps nexttime you gonna do non-agression pacte you do a real dutch-meeting first. You just steal the whole dramashow from Brits,dons,rats and americans.

or and that is a really crazy and absured idea....fight brits all together

Edited by Manta Scorpion
  • Like 1

The Bellona was grey and made of fir, doubtless PFK were desperate to get rid of it. I would have been.

What about bellona? It can be black with black ugprade and black marines inside. Why not? If any one knows me, I'm a pvp player and i play only PVP, it means I lost a lot of ship in this game only searching "Action" not only "Naval" And if you want we can meet 1vs5 and we can figth and you can take my bellona, its only a ship(btw its fine+live oak wod). I just want Action. Im playing only this one game just to have some action. 

And like yesterday we have 12 player from PFK (more into frigate) some player from voc and bwitc ~20 player. Our time zone 23:00, its late we just want make last Action befor sleep. We buy a flag for El toco 150k gold becouse we know this if we dont buy a flag you will not show up. Why>? 1 At the first becouse you can figth only if you have 3vs1 (coward) second: befor all this (3-4 weeks) you figth with all Dutch side only then when you get RAE (Espaniol) to atack us from West side and then you decide to atack us in East side. Tell my why>? Becouse you can not figth with honor like real man. And my opionion its for this we need to wipe All French from the game for this.

* I dont know why people writing here some weird stuff. If you dont have a real life and this "victory" in this game in this battle its only one achievement in you live just write it here :) Becouse french now they are so excited WOW.

Ragnar

Edited by oleski

What about bellona? It can be black with black ugprade and black marines inside. Why not? If any one knows me, I'm a pvp player and i play only PVP, it means I lost a lot of ship in this game only searching "Action" not only "Naval" And if you want we can meet 1vs5 and we can figth and you can take my bellona, its only a ship(btw its fine+live oak wod). I just want Action. Im playing only this one game just to have some action. 

And like yesterday we have 12 player from PFK (more into frigate) some player from voc and bwitc ~20 player. Our time zone 23:00, its late we just want make last Action befor sleep. We buy a flag for El toco 150k gold becouse we know this if we dont buy a flag you will not show up. Why>? 1 At the first becouse you can figth only if you have 3vs1 (coward) second: befor all this (3-4 weeks) you figth with all Dutch side only then when you get RAE (Espaniol) to atack us from West side and then you decide to atack us in East side. Tell my why>? Becouse you can not figth with honor like real man. And my opionion its for this we need to wipe All French from the game for this.

* I dont know why people writing here some weird stuff. If you dont have a real life and this "victory" in this game in this battle its only one achievement in you live just write it here :) Becouse french now they are so excited WOW.

Ragnar

All French players are cowards, and PFK are glorious honorable fairfighters of heaven! 

Next time you come in French territory, take your Bellona then, instead of a cheap Snow! You'll wipe more of us.

This angst!

Haha!

EDIT: Corrected mistakes.

Edited by Louis Marie Dragases

So I have not so much a good battle but a funny battle/situation

I had just completed my Mastercraft Cutter and was taking it for a spin.  I tagged a Lynx trader near Mort and was pretty much alone.  Right before the counter finished another pirate in a Snow made it inside the circle.  Whatever I think maybe he is just trying to get some xp, he was 2 ranks below me.

Soon as we pop in he goes "I am going to cap this trader Mary"  I go "Pretty sure I am the one that tagged and started the battle" He goes "I'm the one in a bigger ship"

So we start out and he is chaining it and what not, I am able to get along side and take down its rear mast.  He then proceeds to tell me "If you try and take this I will sink you, this is my trader"

He was close, so I dive beneath him and rake his stern.  Mary don't take no shit.

He returns fire and it is clear I'm not going to win a slug fest against him.  At this point another Pirate Cutter joins and proceeds to grape and chain the trader.  My Snow friend is telling him "Help me cap this trade, Mary is trying to steal from me" and eventually tells the other guy "Go ahead and cap it just don't let Mary get it"

Through some good maneuvering I eventually get both the PSnow and trader into the wind.  Trader has only 9 crew thanks to the other Cutter.  Unfortunately I didn't get much boarding prep time so I had to wait 4 rounds to complete the actually capture.  During this time PSnow had set up on my back side and was raking my stern.

So I win the boarding and was preparing to make a run for it when I realize, since we started on the same side and the trader had been captured the battle was over and I was able to leave immediately

I pop into chat and go "Yea big ship" and leave.  I send my cutter to Mort and hop in the damaged Lynx (50% sails)

I make a break toward Mort but with shit wind he  ends up right on my tail.  He tags me but is way too far away on OW.  Right before the battle I maneuver so as to have a head wind which will benefit the Lynx.  

So he starts way far away and as soon as we spawn in he goes "Yes big ship"

Now I have a huge distance advantage, but very damaged sails.  His chasers are not able to reach me but he is closing fast.  I am about to resign to the loss of the Lynx and its cargo when I notice the call ref. button.

I hit that baby and in pops a fresh AI snow ready to defend me. 

But, PSnow friend thinks it is a player and starts talking to it.  First he misidentifies it as a 3rd rate and goes "O hey a 3rd rate"  "Hey Mary stole this trader from me will you help me stop it"  All the while the AI is beelining it silently toward him.

After no response from the AI snow PSnow helpfully types in chat "Hit tab in the chat window to all talk"  Clearly confused about why the AI snow isn't responding.

The timer runs down and just before I leave I see in chat "Hey man why are you chasing me?"  PSnow hasn't figured it out.

I chuckle to my self, leave battle and head into Mort.

Total haul: 60 hemp, 43 Gold, 51 Coal, Trader Lynx, and a good laugh

My Cutter is Mastercraft Fir with Rigging Speed and Stiffness, not the fastest thing in the world but man that Rigging Speed Trim is amazing, I am able to get sails up and down so fast, it really helped out.

Edited by MaryCeleste
  • Like 2

All French players are cowards, and PFK are glorious honorable fairfighters of heaven! 

Next time you come in French territory, take your Bellona then, instead of a cheap Snow! You'll wipe more of us.

This angst!

Haha!

EDIT: Corrected mistakes.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/315621401150672592/E9B35F15D9EB520C36185FED98E57E865DBAAF68/

http://i.imgur.com/sTXjxJa.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/S8LaDZW.jpg

Why running? Fight to the end.

Nice Evening full of PvP.

First fight 4 of us vs. French Port Battle Fleet, didn't went very well, we lost 3 in the fight.

french1nsw0.jpg

After that we had 4vs5 against Swedes. 4 Trincos vs 2 Constis,1 Trinco, 1 Frigate, 1 Renomee

Sunk 3 of them lost none.

sverigejoslc.jpg

• Like 1

Good fight!  I wish I'd ss'd earlier cause I can't recall his name.  John Henry maybe?  (yeah, i know, but it was a player.  I couldn't recall how to switch to "all" talk in battle so never responded to his messages...  :/  )

[PVP2]  US v Pirate

I un-tethered from Shroud Cay and immediately saw a battle close by.  Pirates 2 vs a one lowly US Traders Lynx.  I had to help my fellow (NPC) national.  I dove in with my Merc.  (med cannons)

There was a black flag flying Merc and his annoying little Cutter (NPC) friend chasing down the poor Trader.  I fired off a few ranging shots from my mediums (still, getting used to meds, switched from longs) and was well short of the Merc.  Fired off the rest at the Cutter.  That got their attention and the Trader was able to escape!  Mission accomplished.

The battle went on for another hour.  I was in dire straights even after I de-masted the Merc.  His little bee was tearing me apart, damn that low sitting Cutter and his impeccable aim.  Then out of no-where the Cutter switches to chain!?  This allows me to ignore him and loop back around to range on the Merc eventually sinking him.  The Pirate yelled a GG! as he was going down but, alas, my reply was in Blue due to ignorance. 

That was my first "1v1" Open World fight at 186 hours in.  =)  Good times, look forward to doing that some more.

My Merc was Basic, Teak, no extras with basic monkeys and basic improved mag.  He and I both need work on our aim...  :P

Here's my end of battle ss, only one I remembered to snap:

aTsdX3Y.jpg

• Like 1

Had an enjoyable fight yesterday with some Dane-Norwegians near Puerto Rico. We were heavily outgunned but faster, and fought a run-and-gun battle for a good hour or so.

France/Sweden: 5 Renommee, 2 Cerberus.

Dane-Norwegian: 4 Trinco, 1 Surprise, 1 Belle Poule, 1 Reno, 1 Cerb

It was a blast. Ships demasted, formations coming together, breaking apart, and reforming down the line, non-stop maneuvering. Everyone stuck it out to the end and once they realised we weren't running and hadn't stopped shooting, everyone got down to the business of reducing the enemy to kindling. No tears, no crying. Thanks for the fight, gents; win or lose, I'm looking forward to the next one!

• Like 4

Funny fight against the frenches today, mainly LMO guys. They chased us 3x6 on the open sea until we turned around and they attacked us. They slowly got the upper hand with the numbers but we managed to trade one for one. 1 of us sailed out and i got demasted, when one guys came to close i boarded him, took his ship and sailed away, sadly i could not escape because i got constantly tagged...after that tagging ship sunk i clicked out, we traded 3 for 1 and it was a lot of fun, thx for the fight guys :) /tiphat

Funny fight against the frenches today, mainly LMO guys. They chased us 3x6 on the open sea until we turned around and they attacked us. They slowly got the upper hand with the numbers but we managed to trade one for one. 1 of us sailed out and i got demasted, when one guys came to close i boarded him, took his ship and sailed away, sadly i could not escape because i got constantly tagged...after that tagging ship sunk i clicked out, we traded 3 for 1 and it was a lot of fun, thx for the fight guys :) /tiphat

Was sure a funny fight the escape was so pro ^^ When lost battles are funnier than won because of retard moves :)

(was the Renomme who discovered the new  Fire :D )

• Like 1

Good fight with the Swedes this evening in Danish waters. This is the lineup as I remember it (forgot to screen it).

Sweden: 5 DSB members in 1 Cherubim, 2 Surprise, 1 Cerberus, and a Snow

Denmark-Norway: A couple of Danish AI (Snows/Cutters?), as well as a mixed group of 2 Cherubim, 1 Surprise, and a Snow

Everyone stayed 'til the end and it was a good scrap, even though I believe a couple of the Swedes had not repaired before the battle. Unfortunately I lost my ship due to being too reckless, but the Swedes all sank. o7

Edited by Niels Terkildsen

Just had a great battle tonight as french vs some swedes who attacked us : 3 LMO(trinco 3rd rate, belle poule) vs 8 HRE (2x Belle poule, 1x pirate frigate, 4x renommée, 1x merc). They sank our Belle Poule who broke our formation and destroyed 1 mast of our 3rd rate wich got partially repaired. We succeeded to shoot them down to sinking point.

Unfortunatly they manage to run in every direction and left the battle. Was a bit disappointing after a good battle. 

See you soon HRE ! ;)

1457906727-whydoyouleave.jpg

Edited by Jennytall

Small battles in the Dutch-Swedish war:

DSL (2x 3th rate,2x trinco) vs HRE (5x Connie)

gf /tiphat

PS: To be fair, there were also close ones: that one ended in a bloodbath that was pretty even imo: DSL(3xTrinco,frigate,connie) vs HRE (2x 3th rate,Bellona,renomme)

The last 4 minutes are pretty cool with everyone tired and without any amor left.

Edited by Manta Scorpion

The other day, I was missioning under dutch flag around south of Fort Zoutman in a 3rd rate against a NPC pirate 3rd rate.

Just after the timer ends, two pirate; Captain Reverse (Surprise) and Toothless Jack (Renomee) entered the battle instance. After spotting them, I instantly tried to disengage knowing that there is no chance to outrunning them. The only thing might be splitting the NPC 3rd rate, but it didn't work as well.

They had kept pouding the stern and ripped of until the aft cannons are gone and than I turned into them to exchange the broadsides instead of sinking without a fight. In that 1v3 instance, the Renomee kept stern raking while the Surprise worked on my sails at long range and NPC 3rd rate on my hull. Thanks to the brick 3rd rate, I could only return one broadside of cannonballs against their 4 or 5 landing broadsides.

But in the end they got on very low armor, but still kept closing greedly tanking with their bows. After some minutes, both Surprise and Renomee were below 5% armor on all sides and disengaged in different directions. There, I was sitting with no sails and half armor, but was able to keep the Renomee in battle until it sinks. The surprise going other direction could click out the instance.

In the final, the npc gave me the window to click out after a fully missed broadside.

It was a 70 minutes long, fun and intense battle. In the end pirates were defeated from the dutch waters, at least for that instance :)

/gf and tiphat

Screenshot_23_03_2016_00_35_31.jpg

Yeah, so we have gone Pirate - the US nation is weak and disorganised and stubbornly refused to see the superiority of our strategic planning. A fragmented nation indeed - one which we can now prey upon at will, harassing their shipping lanes and stealing their l00tz0rz.

Edited by ICE_MAN