Game-Labs Forum

A Short History of Sweden in the Caribbean

I found the following short article interesting while researching the role of Sweden in the Caribbean. I thought some of you that are also interested in history might find it worthwhile too. I have to admit that despite a degree in history I was ignorant of the brief Swedish presence at St. Bartholomew before playing NA. 

http://www.sjohistoriskasamfundet.se/fn_split/fn57_a03.pdf

• Like 5

This is a real interesting reading about the Swedish Free Port - St. Bartholomew/Gustavia. I didnt know very much about this either as a Swedish/Gothenburg citicen, but I had heard some about it as a kid when we learnt about the Swedish East India Company here from my city Gothenburg and about the trade we did back in the days. And I also been to the Swedish Vasa Museum and also learnt some of Swedish naval history along with doin servicetime in the modern Swedish navy. So yeah, this is a extra real nice look into the history, especially from a Swedish perspective in the Carribean. 

Kronan - [sWE]Swedish Royal Navy / PVP3 -EU

• Like 1