Game-Labs Forum

News from the south

admin

Watch your language captain when talking about us.

Also we have not seen Spain complaining more than others. 

Well my language was controlled, and the comment was not directed at "you" but more about the action. 

And I as well as many here could link post after post that Spanish players from EU PVP 1 have complained about a hundred different things.  Even today there was one that even claimed that the US was "cheating" and that devs should wipe them all and ban them out of the server. 

Banning a faction

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/10634-econom%C3%ADa-redistribuci%C3%B3n-de-los-servidores-americanos-separados-de-europeos/#entry189292

Port Timers

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/8263-petition-remove-port-capture-windows/page-13#entry189237

Everything Else 

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/10533-defeating-a-nation/page-10#entry189081

If you do not like what I am saying that is fine, but I am not saying anything else that most are thinking about this action. 

• Like 4

Why do you want to reset the map and lose all the gold we spent on port conquests already?  Then we have to go through the entire process of recapturing Bahama ports, Florida, and Louisiana.

Because the current system is very clearly 100% broken. The longer we keep the current map going the more people are going to get attached to it and the less likely people will want to reset it. The whole point of the testing phase is to throw stuff at the wall until it sticks. 

• Like 1

Impressions are important Admin/devs

If you start doing anything that looks like favoritism/bias as opposed to real balance attempts it could give the wrong impression.

I don't see how it is showing favor when we have essentially captured their capital, or at least surrounded it, and there aren't in game mechanics for diplomacy yet where the Spanish can surrender and part of that agreement, get the ports around their capital back. And as I've said before, the ports around the capitals should not be conquerable. Pvp1, the Spanish faction is essentially destroyed. That isn't good for new players who don't know this and log in at habana and are surrounded by experienced US players who can easily destroy them.

Because the current system is very clearly 100% broken. The longer we keep the current map going the more people are going to get attached to it and the less likely people will want to reset it. The whole point of the testing phase is to throw stuff at the wall until it sticks.

But we don't need to throw everything out when a few simple solutions will suffice.

• Like 2

I don't see how it is showing favor when we have essentially captured their capital, or at least surrounded it, and there aren't in game mechanics for diplomacy yet where the Spanish can surrender and part of that agreement, get the ports around their capital back. And as I've said before, the ports around the capitals should not be conquerable.

Just because you don't see it that way does not mean others will not. Already one person in this thread who expressed such concern, and seeing admins response to it others may be less likely to voice it for fear of reprisal. That can build resentment further confirming whatever feeling they initially had.

Or I could be really overthinking it lol.

A suggestion from days long gone was a system where region capitals would not be conquerable until the 'supporting' ports were taken.

So, 3 supporting ports would be contested and when all taken, the region capital open up for attack.

Combined with historical fortification, combined with setting timers on your original ports, combined with a potential capital move;

There are plenty of ways to balance RvR without it being unfair towards others nations.

EDIT:

In regard to the statement above, you have nothing to fear from the admins. You can explain all critique, suggestion, flaws, whatever, as long as you do it in a civilized and constructive manner.

• Like 5

There are plenty of ways to balance RvR without it being unfair towards others nations.

Yes but may be for the time being :

Current priorities do not allow fixing the problems immediately but in the future we plan to address them.

So some bonuses to the Spanish may help right now...

Why do you want to reset the map and lose all the gold we spent on port conquests already?  Then we have to go through the entire process of recapturing Bahama ports, Florida, and Louisiana.

As a tester and a early access player you should not worry about the gold - you know how it worked in the past and it will work well in the future. Bad designs will be wiped out by evolutions or revolutions, and somebody will always lose something making a game better as a result

We all should worry about making the game better and not about personal conquest or gains. The damage to Spain is irreparable but can be partially diminished.

PS. Remember that we only promised xp/rank to be safe forever. We will keep that promise. 

• Like 6

I would not be devastated to see spanish capital moved somewhere else, perhaps the mechanic should be when no friendly ports within x distance along the same coast capital gets moved? The problem is with island capitals, not sure how to deal with that unless you make it just a radius or diameter but then that removes this ability for spanish atm.

Don't you think this topic was meant as a heads up that they might be moving it up on the list? (i am not sure, this is a guess on my part)

May be :) .

My guess is the OP and its mystery are also meant to know what players expect and would accept about underpopulated and weakened factions.

If you start doing anything that looks like favoritism/bias as opposed to real balance attempts it could give the wrong impression.

Before we were accused of favoring

• Danish
  • Swedish
  • Pirates
  • British
  • Americans

Now Spanish are added to the list (though spanish think different)

(dutch will probably be added to the list later)

This means we favor all players and you should give us a positive review and send us a UGE donation expressing gratitude. Or you can buy me brian lavery ship of the line books (vol1 vol2) cant get them delivered to ukraine from amazon private stores.

• Like 3

Danish

Swedish

Pirates

British

Americans

Now spanish

(dutch will probably come later)

This means we favor all players and you should give us a positive review and send us a donation for a bottle of wine.

or you can buy me brian lavery ship of the line books cant get them delivered to ukraine.

So you said in front of  all of us that you favour everybody except the French... :D  :D  :D

• Like 3

As a USA player, yes i am a tad sad if they flip the ports back to the Spanish so long as other issues get addressed, otherwise nothing will actually be fixed from port flipping.

Here are a two issues i see:

New Spanish players having no clue what is going on, not being able to do anything in another port without sailing for at least an hour.

Spanish Capitol being right in the middle of 3 other nations.

Proposed solution:

IF you port flip then please move the Spanish capitol otherwise new players will still just not be able to do anything and we'll lose a much needed new player base. i don't want to see new players leave the game.

As much as it pains me to say it, "limit" the amount of ports a nation can control do this by exponentially increasing the cost of flags.. Number of ports/Number of nations = average number of ports available, take that average, and make the costs compound exponentially from there. This way we can still capture more, just might cost us a lot to do it.

I would love to see a well balanced game with new players having a good time so that this game can survive well into the future.

• Like 2

As a tester and a early access player you should not worry about the gold - you know how it worked in the past and it will work well in the future. Bad designs will be wiped out by evolutions or revolutions, and somebody will always lose something making a game better as a result

We all should worry about making the game better and not about personal conquest or gains. The damage to Spain is irreparable but can be partially diminished.

PS. Remember that we only promised xp/rank to be safe forever. We will keep that promise. 

Ok, yes, wipe out the gold, I don't care.  However, my greatest beef with resetting the entire map is that it will just mean continual port conquest for the next 3 weeks.  Leviathan said it first, Naval Action shouldn't be a world domination/province conquest game.  Yes, include port battles and port conquest and make them important, but unless something is done, we go straight back to fighting towers instead of fighting ships and massive changes in port color on the map every day.

• Like 1

First of all, Im sure its not some event. 

It could be announced revolution theme or not announced Poweroverwhelming in Spain console.

Revolution could be tool to retake ports and in this case it will be used vs Britain or USA, who got most Spanish ports.

Or it could be NPC defence of ports, but i won't bet for any of this.

• Danish
  • Swedish
  • Pirates
  • British
  • Americans

Now Spanish are added to the list (though spanish think different)

(dutch will probably be added to the list later)

This means we favor all players and you should give us a positive review and send us a UGE donation expressing gratitude. Or you can buy me brian lavery ship of the line books (vol1 vol2) cant get them delivered to ukraine from amazon private stores.

We've been discussing funding a trip from Ukraine to Florida so you can see what the REAL weather is like here. 

• Like 5

Ok, yes, wipe out the gold, I don't care.  However, my greatest beef with resetting the entire map is that it will just mean continual port conquest for the next 3 weeks.  Leviathan said it first, Naval Action shouldn't be a world domination/province conquest game.  Yes, include port battles and port conquest and make them important, but unless something is done, we go straight back to fighting towers instead of fighting ships and massive changes in port color on the map every day.

I don't want to take out your gold mate :)

You said something about investing a lot into port conquest - which most likely paid off with resources and tower damage. 

At least 1 full port map reset might happen in the future or maybe two. + 1 more on the release on the game. And we don't really know how the final conquest will look like. 

TLDR - don't get to attached to ports.

Sounds like move assets to free ports and capitols lol.

Which should be done anyways

So you said in front of  all of us that you favour everybody except the French... :D  :D  :D

Curses!

The game's still in early development and none of these things are set yet. On top of that, the current situation is far more likely to make some players, particularly Spanish at the moment, quit playing altogether. That hurts the game, and it hurts the rest of us who want a large, active community. This is even more true when those players are helping test. Speaking for myself, the map could reset every other week for all I care, so long as the end result is a large, active community playing a solid game at launch.

• Like 4

At least 1 full port map reset might happen in the future or maybe two. + 1 more on the release on the game. And we don't really know how the final conquest will look like. 

TLDR - don't get to attached to ports.

This is very disheartening to hear. How long until it is wiped? The US has pursued a long term strategic goal of securing the flank against GB so that we can just fight over one or two ports and generate open world pvp, as far as I know that is the entire point(well... resources too of course) of every single capture we have made and now that we are so close to it there may be a wipe to cancel all the (metaphorical) blood, sweat, and tears that have gone into it. 

I don't want to take out your gold mate  :)

You said something about investing a lot into port conquest - which most likely paid off with resources and tower damage. 

Does this mean there will be no gold/item/ship wipes?