Game-Labs Forum

Tattered Flags Threatens, on Behalf of Dutch Antilles Squadron

Grim DeGrim

Prater, there is nothing to this thread except for Grim's fictions. He talks about a fantasy that only exists in mind as if it were a reality. TF has not been in a meeting with the Danes, Dutch or French because most of the TF leadership hasn't even been online for the past week.

Seems you're arguing from a position of ignorance, which makes for a poor argument indeed. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt of course, and assuming you're not an outright liar. Oh, dear. You may wish to stick to your bread and butter: passive-aggressive sniping and hilariously off-base conspiracy theories.

For everyone else, perhaps we should all focus on the most important thing that's arisen from this thread: how entertaining this whole debacle has been for the rest of us, French and Dutch alike. And here I thought the internet was all serious business. Salut, gentlemen!

Gentlemen. In all seriousness now. I do not know the history between you guys and honestly it is not any of my business.

If you gentlemen have issues with Nakor as a diplomat for SLMFr, you can contact me directly as a leader of the group.

Nakor still has my confidence and holds the position of the diplomat, however if there is an issue, you feel you need to contact us or to submit to CSNF and for personal reasons do not want to go through nakor you can contact me and I will see to your request at an opportune moment.

Lol.  None of my feelings have been hurt, I have just realized that I shouldn't so easily place trust in people who easily turn sour in defeat.  However, you are stating that Johny is a liar, and that what he told me personally is a lie.  When I know Nakor to be an exaggerator in my own experience with him, especially when it comes to people issuing threats.  That, and you and your fellow countrymen's statements in this very thread twisting and changing my words to what they were not.  So, one person who somewhat supported the French, no longer does.

Actually, I think you have it wrong.

Grim:  The US is threatening France

US: no we didn't, but we reserve the right to protect our allies.

Grim:  Nakor told me Johny threatened him

Prater:  Grim, were you present at the conversation where the threat happened?

Grim:  No.

Prater:  Nakor has a history of exaggerating threat when no threat is present.  Just like he said we were holding a gun to his head when we weren't.

1- I have stayed out of this conversation for a simple reason... I have Integrity to my name and I promised a few people that I would have a private conversation where no names would come up just nations and organizations.  I do not appreciate private conversations about me.  If someone things I "exaggerate" then please Prater come to me.  The gun to my head comment was part of a clear RP story that everyone who was reading could see it was a RP story about forced diplomacy.  We French were going to be removed from LA regardless.  It was only a matter of time and the grand strategy was made known to me.  I didn't run around telling anyone other then those Clans involved about why we needed to leave LA.  So, My integrity was not compromised in a clear RP post, so don't call me a lair Sir!!!  Or, to be one for misleading information.

2-  I had a private conversation with my officers about what had occurred, to solicit their advice.  Someone within the conversation started telling RN members that their was a secret alliance between TF/TDA and SLMFr.  That was completely untrue and it started to comprise long standing relationships.  I work really hard to prove that I speak frankly and honestly.  I do not like the fact that a bunch of people have decided to call into question what I said. 

3 - A simple misunderstanding has happen in regards to these dealings because now that they are all over the forums it's 3rd, and 4th hand.  I had a conversation that was not official by any means.  I was informed that a US fleet was going to help the Dutch via PvP.  To avoid this a NAP and boarder would need to be agreed upon.  It wasn't by any means a direct threat it was simply a message of, we are coming down and if you don't want us to then maybe a stopping of the war would help everyone?  I get the game of diplomacy better then most.  I can see that their our those that don't understand words and phrases can have multiple meanings behind them.  Telling me a fleet is coming down can be see as a threat to some.  Want to know how I saw it?  We do you?  OK I guess everyone is going to talk about me and not a single soul is going to ask me what happened?  Ok, well I saw a person telling me I don't really want to take my players on a 3-4 hour voyage down south.  Can their be a way we, as people who respect each other, can work on a way I don't have to live out of a free town"?  Yep I didn't see a threat and a threat wasn't the words I would have used.  I would have said it's more a matter of a promise to an ally and a promise to a warring nation. 

4 - Has this community as a whole gone to a point where diplomatic conversations can't stay off the forums?  LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!  US/Dutch side didn't keep it quiet and now the French side opened it's mouth because our relationship with allies needed to be addressed.  It's sad when world leaders in RL can have diplomatic conversations and they stay quiet, but in game no one can? 

it's now 2000hrs GMT-5 and I have yet to get a single PM from anyone asking me what they heck happened.  Prater you weren't even part of any of this, so why do you have an opinion.  shouldn't this forum post have those people involved that were actually involved.  Yes this thread is crap, and yes it actually annoyed me, but really can it die.  I will no longer contact either of you if that improves relationships between nations, and when I see you in game I will assume taking out your rudder is the best approach.  

I will stop 

The difference between Johny and Nakor is that Johny has a very good reputation.  US forces going to SA was not mentioned by TF at all during that meeting.  Nor was there any threats of cease fire or else we attack you.

Wait, I'm to assume that my reputation between other nations is crap, because you say it is bad?  you know implying words like this is why people see your forum post and wonder..... what does Prater really mean by that?  could he actually be threatening me?  hummmm?

Gentlemen. In all seriousness now. I do not know the history between you guys and honestly it is not any of my business.

If you gentlemen have issues with Nakor as a diplomat for SLMFr, you can contact me directly as a leader of the group.

Nakor still has my confidence and holds the position of the diplomat, however if there is an issue, you feel you need to contact us or to submit to CSNF and for personal reasons do not want to go through nakor you can contact me and I will see to your request at an opportune moment.

I hope you get a PM because through all this I have yet to get a single one.. people trying to publicly shame me for doing not a dang thing wrong but talking.  Yep.. TF teamspeak was used.. Yep, DAS and I were talking.. Yep that means TF spoke to me as well.. funny thing in all this is I don't remember thinking the childish crap of social networks shaming would go on, when I've spoken to all involved in TF/TDA/DAS and I'm sure that you all were working adults who don't have to act like children.

I'd like to thank those members who managed to stay above trying to insult me publicly.  It has been noticed and I thank you.

I hope you get a PM because through all this I have yet to get a single one.. people trying to publicly shame me for doing not a dang thing wrong but talking.  Yep.. TF teamspeak was used.. Yep, DAS and I were talking.. Yep that means TF spoke to me as well.. funny thing in all this is I don't remember thinking the childish crap of social networks shaming would go on, when I've spoken to all involved in TF/TDA/DAS and I'm sure that you all were working adults who don't have to act like children.

I'd like to thank those members who managed to stay above trying to insult me publicly.  It has been noticed and I thank you.

I'm not sure that you will.  All Grim has done is stir up US players against you.  Yes, thank you for admitting that Johny did not threaten you.  He didn't even mention going down there.  So please ask your officers to not spread rumors on the forums.  All Grim has done is sour the opinion of the few US leadership who still thought favorably of you guys.

I'm not sure that you will.  All Grim has done is stir up US players against you.  Yes, thank you for admitting that Johny did not threaten you.  He didn't even mention going down there.  So please ask your officers to not spread rumors on the forums.  All Grim has done is sour the opinion of the few US leadership who still thought favorably of you guys.

Grim was doing what he felt was the right thing to do to protect our alliances and personal relationships with other clans.  I'm not sure why no one decided to ask those persons involved what would have been the correct step to take.  I still don't know why someone from the US decided to divide us from our allies, and tarnish our name by calling us spies for for the US and Dutch.  this entire post is due to that implied action from someone of authority within the US Navy. 

lol, I couldn't resist.

Alright, I'm guilty.  Is that what folks need to hear?

The meetings occurred.  Reference was made, 100%, to sending a fleet down here if no ceasefire is made.

I haven't misrepresented anything.  Is it a threat?  Potatoe, Potato.  That's in the eye of the beholder.

Lolz,

Im running out of popcorn here, can someone provide me some?

Im pretty well informed about our nations negotiations, but this is all new to me.

So pls tell me more about this devious scheming of DAS and TF against those poor frenchies, maybe it will cause a RIFT?!?!?!?!!

need.more.popcorn.now

Grtzzz Bubbles

• Like 2

No rif. Just TF honoring their tie to their ally. Maybe...

Not sure why everyone is in such a furor!

Hahaha

First you play with fire, then you wonder why the house burns down.

Cause and effect dude, plain and simple mechanics.

You are either stupid or talking BS, either way just disqualified yourself.

Grtzzz Bubbles

• Like 1

Just a word of advice:  I know when I have posted things from my own understanding, and the leadership has noticed it to be factually inaccurate, they have immediately flagged me down, explained why it was inaccurate, and asked me to change it accordingly.  You might consider that with some of your own members.

For me, and I would suggest this to everyone else, I will be ignoring Grim deGrim and not responding to him, depriving him of the attention he seems to seek.  As far as Nakor goes, I will rely on the expertise of our own national diplomats, but my own impression of things is that the French leadership might want to recall their delegation and find new diplomats to replace them.

• Like 2

The only reason the US will even send a fleet down to the south is to sink me personally. Or at least that is what Piet Hein sais. 

So no worries Frenchies, if you see a US fleet sailing south, your undercrewed 3rd rates are safe, it is only my impending doom sailing along! :P

• Like 4

Hahaha

First you play with fire, then you wonder why the house burns down.

Cause and effect dude, plain and simple mechanics.

You are either stupid or talking BS, either way just disqualified yourself.

Grtzzz Bubbles

Can ANYONE in the right mind explain all of this to me?

I get passion, fire and all these things. But why did a bunch of adults got their panties in a twist far enough to start crying aloud and throw insults around over... uhm... an obviously provocative and unimportant forums poke?

"Friendships are gone! We will not trust your guys ever again!". When will it turn out Prater is my father?

I mean, come on. This is rather sad. You guys keep repeating how good you are with diplomacy, yet in real life you would be calling airstrikes after some random civvy online artist poked some fun at you in e-comic.There's overreacting, then there is nothing for a long time and then there is you guys.

1st off; ;)

All fun and games until someones feelings........... :angry:

2nd;

As to ANY fleet coming to the Dutch territorial waters, USA, French or other, I dont blame you. We're where the action is. We're where ports arent empty shells defended by AI towers. Best action on the map is occurring daily between Spanish Town and Cartagena de Indias. (special /tiphat to the few Spanish fighting the good fight along the Panamanian isthmus).

As to diplomacy. I see no need to have any cease fire w/the French w/or w/out US involvement. We're doing just fine. Any advantages or mistakes are only temporary on both nations. French take ports, we take ports. Both sides are having ups/downs on getting their respective fleets to their designated targets.

/rp off or maybe RL gaming talking on?

As to a US fleet coming here. I wouldnt blame them in the least. Seeing as the most action they've probably seen was 3-4 weeks ago when SLNfr were still in LA. Brits/Rats seem to be happy simply seizing empty ports and not exactly engaging in anything resembling RvR-PvP, at least from the conquest maps going nightly. I suppose some PvP happens w/in the shallows, but thats simply just assumption. I'm certainly happy w/my choice of nations. Cant say there is alot of downtime in the south which is exactly what I think all of us want :P

• Like 2

I mean, come on. This is rather sad. You guys keep repeating how good you are with diplomacy, yet in real life you would be calling airstrikes after some random civvy online artist poked some fun at you in e-comic.There's overreacting, then there is nothing for a long time and then there is you guys.

Woah calm down! You are taking this far too serious. Let's continue fighting ingame instead of throwing words like this on the forums. 

• Like 2

Woah calm down! You are taking this far too serious. Let's continue fighting ingame instead of throwing words like this on the forums. 

I agree. The Dutch are fun to fight. The banter in battle is priceless. Lets keep it that way.

• Like 2