Game-Labs Forum

Tattered Flags Threatens, on Behalf of Dutch Antilles Squadron

Grim DeGrim

This talk is all good and dandy but as a British captain may i ask how the US will decide to travel though hostile waters to reach there friendly waters of there Dutch allies. If they go one way they have to go though Pirates, our Northern British Fleets, possibly Danish fleets (unless there friends as well), then Swedish Fleets (if they are hostile) and then finally in to french waters.

If they go West and south, they have to go past Multiple British Fleets, The Spanish Fleet and then into there Dutch friends waters in which the French may be also waiting for them.

So if this rumor as it seems like a rumor is true, they will have to either do it via stealth or have a long road of fighting to do before they even hit the french area.

I also do not see this to be a reasonable idea but that is my option on the matter as a british captain.

edited for Spelling :ph34r:

I think you vastly overstate the risk of sailing through "enemy waters". The Caribbean is vast, and a fleet of that size would have no trouble relocating to any part of the map, if they sail together, with any degree of competent route planning.

• Like 1

I hear the Americans are leaving their Dutch and Danish "lapdogs" to 'chin up'....

I'm joking, that was ungentlemenly but I couldn't resist.

Rumours, lies, truth whatever.

If the Americans come we shall fight and be merry, if they don't come, we shall fight and still be merry.

I personally have some scores to settle with a couple of american captains...

I love this topic.

Grim DeGrim: USA is on its way to help their allies!

USA: How dare you! We would never! Lie! Blasphemy!

Actually, I think you have it wrong.

Grim:  The US is threatening France

US: no we didn't, but we reserve the right to protect our allies.

Grim:  Nakor told me Johny threatened him

Prater:  Grim, were you present at the conversation where the threat happened?

Grim:  No.

Prater:  Nakor has a history of exaggerating threat when no threat is present.  Just like he said we were holding a gun to his head when we weren't.

• Like 1

Atm, show us a dutch unified nation and you will be able to make diplomacy with CSNF. Waiting for that we are waiting the US players if they want to travel the all map to make OS pvp. It will lead to others nation ot involve in war and decreasethe player base as some will be wiped.

(...)

Now maybe would it be time to speak

Dont worry about the unity of the United Provinces, we are doing fine.

We will let our guns do the talking, no need for any negotations with any French captain or clan.

Our Alliance with the Danes wouldnt allow us to have peace with your nation, so you could go full focus on them.

We'll entertain ourselves with sinking French ships in our borders, see ya soon!

Grtzzz Bubbles

• Like 4

I think that this shows that any diplomatic talks where some wishes to send a message should be organised better to stop any misunderstanding or even exaggeration or whatever talking place. For example. Nations shouldn't play at diplomacy using individuals to have talks for pacts, strategy or important messages but rather a team of diplomats, one chief diplomat, a deputy and say two (or more) aides. It will allow for a broader meeting and proper understanding by all sides present at diplomatic meetings. There are probably many who disagree but I feel this way to be a more trustworthy approach.

• Like 1

The US is not threatening France, but we reserve the right to attack you.

So... wait...

What?

Is this that American "we're not attacking, we're preemptively defending" thing?

Well, then we're not lying, but we reserve the right to not tell the truth!

Prater, there is nothing to this thread except for Grim's fictions. He talks about a fantasy that only exists in mind as if it were a reality. TF has not been in a meeting with the Danes, Dutch or French because most of the TF leadership hasn't even been online for the past week. And when they were, they were leading Spanish port battles.

Grim is just bored because he's a north American player that's stuck fighting in a European timezone war, so he's lashing out on the forums because at least he gets some attention here.

Edited by InfiniteAmount
  • Like 1

Well, here is the thing.

SLMFr is probably going to need new diplomats.  Because I doubt any US players will trust any of the current ones now.  I can now see I was wrong to place earlier trust and to publicly say I had this trust on these forums.  I now withdraw my previous statements on trust.  And now, within TDA at least, there are 0 L1 leadership that trust SLMFr, where before it was 1 to 2, which is better numbers than 0 to 3 and when Northern returns, I am sure it will be 0 to 4.

Assuming a leader of TF was there for a diplomatic meeting between the French and the Dutch, As the USA and Dutch are allies, the implication of any diplomatic accord would also affect the USA. 

Historically before WWI broke out France and Russia were allies, so if Russia's diplomatic stance towards Austria-Hungary changed, that too would change the relationship between France and Austria-Hungary and by extension Germany... The same sort of thing can apply. If France make peace with the allies of the USA, then either the allies of the USA must make a NAP with France, if France continues with hostilities with the USA, or France must end hostilities with the USA. 

There doesn't need to be some sinister reason for the USA being there.

Edited by theprof739
  • Like 1

Well, here is the thing.

SLMFr is probably going to need new diplomats.  Because I doubt any US players will trust any of the current ones now.  I can now see I was wrong to place earlier trust and to publicly say I had this trust on these forums.  I now withdraw my previous statements on trust.  And now, within TDA at least, there are 0 L1 leadership that trust SLMFr, where before it was 1 to 2, which is better numbers than 0 to 3 and when Northern returns, I am sure it will be 0 to 4.

Grim and Nakor are no more diplomats than I am, Prater.

Let's not confuss things. I'm not a diplomat. I only report. Go back to original post. Nothing is changed. All remains the same.

In the end, we're a 10 man Fleet on good day. Not sure why is so easy to get you guys flustered.

Go defend your ally. Sorry for making it public.

Typos!