Game-Labs Forum

Tattered Flags Threatens, on Behalf of Dutch Antilles Squadron

Grim DeGrim

I don't know anything about a "lesson."  I don't know about "obey us or else."

The point is, the French are really beating up on one of our allies.  If there isn't a ceasefire, there is a good chance will come to their help.  If we don't, then what is the point of being in an alliance?  The New-Orleans French said they were going to go down there and help put pressure on the Dutch after we removed them from Louisiana.  Logic says we will go help protect our ally from getting beat up on.  I don't know about Tattered Flags, but I proposed a small group of TDA (half dozen or less) go down on the weekends to offer minimal help a week or so ago.  A few things put that on hold due to rumors the British were coming and some other things, otherwise, I'd already be down there.

• Like 1

I want to make this very clear. Grim DeGrim is doing nothing more than starting rumours. I don't know who his source is, or if he even has one, but I can tell you that this thread is based on a lie.

Take it as you wish, it has little effect on our operations.

Edited by Stephen_Decatur
  • Like 5

If only your statements were true - Louisiana all over again.  

"Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me".

The source is very reliable - in fact, I was given strict orders not to talk about it.  However in light of the USN/Franco rumors, I felt it was necessary.

Oh don't start that stagnated rubbish again. We offered peace and created a NAP while talks were in process, a rogue French clan did not recognise it, and derailed the talks. Nothing more, nothing less. You know it, we know it, so why come on to the forums and act like a puerile infant who has lost its toys? There is role-play, and then there is this spew of faeces.

Your source is clearly not reliable, as your information is not correct.

If only your statements were true - Louisiana all over again.  

"Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me".

I thought it was "fool me once, shame on.. shame on you. Fool me... you can't get fooled again." That was the President, and Grim is maliciously mis-quoting him. Clearly he can't be trusted!

• Like 1

Les Américains font tant de bruit.    yawn

If you are going to do something then do it. Save your threats for some nation who might be intimidated by them. You do not care for the plight of the Dutch.

S! 

Edited by D'Orleans
  • Like 2

What noises for nothing... I think Dutch and French are bravely fighting on south to exapend their own territories. So far, we don't know how is organised the dutch nation and if there is someone responsible on the diplomacy in. There is no point to start a PNA when you can't know who to speak with neither when your Spanish allies are beaten bewtenn english and Dutch. We know that stopping the war now would conduct the destruction of the spanish and they don't need more harassement neither from usa than from dutch.

Atm, show us a dutch unified nation and you will be able to make diplomacy with CSNF. Waiting for that we are waiting the US players if they want to travel the all map to make OS pvp. It will lead to others nation ot involve in war and decreasethe player base as some will be wiped.

Anyway, atm i just read trolls and bad advice.

One more time if dutch want to speak about any pna, they have to organise and speak for one. Then they can present their offer to CSNF that will consider it. Without that, we will continue playing.

I'm not the CSNF and i can only speak for myself. I don't have any anger with any dutch. They are fighting for their survive as we are fighting for ours. We are not fighting far away form our capitals and we both need to etablish strong frontier to renforce our nation.

Now maybe would it be time to speak

• Like 2

The source is very reliable - in fact, I was given strict orders not to talk about it.  However in light of the USN/Franco rumors, I felt it was necessary.

So you're either a liar or a betrayer of confidences.  Sounds to me like your faction will be encouraging you to go join the pirates soon.

• Like 1

So you're either a liar or a betrayer of confidences.  Sounds to me like your faction will be encouraging you to go join the pirates soon.

That's a good point. As a pirate, Grim Crew could really bite down on your arse...

Thanks! We shall consider! :)

• Like 1

... I can tell you that this thread is based on a lie...

If TF is lying (again), then yes - this thread could be based on a lie.  However, you're the only one that would know that.

EDIT - It isn't really TF I'm referring to.  I guess that wasn't entirely fair.

What noises for nothing... I think Dutch and French are bravely fighting on south to exapend their own territories. So far, we don't know how is organised the dutch nation and if there is someone responsible on the diplomacy in. There is no point to start a PNA when you can't know who to speak with neither when your Spanish allies are beaten bewtenn english and Dutch. We know that stopping the war now would conduct the destruction of the spanish and they don't need more harassement neither from usa than from dutch.

Atm, show us a dutch unified nation and you will be able to make diplomacy with CSNF. Waiting for that we are waiting the US players if they want to travel the all map to make OS pvp. It will lead to others nation ot involve in war and decreasethe player base as some will be wiped.

Anyway, atm i just read trolls and bad advice.

One more time if dutch want to speak about any pna, they have to organise and speak for one. Then they can present their offer to CSNF that will consider it. Without that, we will continue playing.

I'm not the CSNF and i can only speak for myself. I don't have any anger with any dutch. They are fighting for their survive as we are fighting for ours. We are not fighting far away form our capitals and we both need to etablish strong frontier to renforce our nation.

Now maybe would it be time to speak

We, the Dutch, are a very disorganized Nation as a whole. People leaving left and right for other nations or going pirate due to a total political meltdown of civil conversation in our senate with strongly opinionated Republicans and disorderly Orangist screaming at each other. They main issue, after the pricing of Batavian Spices, was the disagreement to either battle against the French fleet or to fight them. Luckily our nation is famous for its political compromises, so sooner or later we will reach a pragmatic recognition of pluriformity and cooperate despite differences. It will most likely end up between shooting you after we had a good diplomatic conversation with you or shooting you after having a lovely meal together.

In the meantime I suggest to you to take full advantage of the situation!

Edited by Lytse Pier
  • Like 1

If it where true, would it not be awesome. Not because of the fact i am a proud Dutchy but the fact we have seen enough allies backstab eachother and leave eachother for dead.

Having an ally is not just about global map positioning, it is the willingness to help your allies and work together and if such rumours become hot topics on the forum, hell that is a battle won already by the Americans.

One days sooner or later, we all will be sitting in our ports and watch the younger kids take over, untill then, i will let my cannons do the talking and spreading rumours for me:)

• Like 2

Hi guys, May I chime in?

I will not confirm nor deny the accusation of Grim. I don't generally prefer to voice our strategies to the world but for sake of argument, all options are on the table, as they say in the US. Our allies are our friends and if there is a way to aid them, be it through our line ships or through our plentiful resources then rest assured we will attempt it. This applies to both our friends the Dutch as well as our friends the Danes and anyone else that should join our alliance in the future.

Thomas Pain,

TF - Commanding

• Like 5

This talk is all good and dandy but as a British captain may i ask how the US will decide to travel though hostile waters to reach there friendly waters of there Dutch allies. If they go one way they have to go though Pirates, our Northern British Fleets, possibly Danish fleets (unless there friends as well), then Swedish Fleets (if they are hostile) and then finally in to french waters.

If they go West and south, they have to go past Multiple British Fleets, The Spanish Fleet and then into there Dutch friends waters in which the French may be also waiting for them.

So if this rumor as it seems like a rumor is true, they will have to either do it via stealth or have a long road of fighting to do before they even hit the french area.

I also do not see this to be a reasonable idea but that is my option on the matter as a british captain.

edited for  Spelling :ph34r:

Edited by Jager

Hi guys, May I chime in?

I will not confirm nor deny the accusation of Grim. I don't generally prefer to voice our strategies to the world but for sake of argument, all options are on the table, as they say in the US. Our allies are our friends and if there is a way to aid them, be it through our line ships or through our plentiful resources then rest assured we will attempt it. This applies to both our friends the Dutch as well as our friends the Danes and anyone else that should join our alliance in the future.

Thomas Pain,

TF - Commanding

I accept credit card and debit, and apologies.

We'll see your fleets soon.

PS - Can you stock Key West with some decent ships?

Grim, who talked to Tattered Flags about this?  Because I was told that they had not talked to the French, and did not say "accept a ceasefire or else."  In fact, what I heard is that the Dutch and French were talking instead.  So, did Tattered Flags really threaten the French?

In fact, what I heard is that the Dutch and French were talking instead.

We talk to each other all the time, or at least the more gregarious of us do, though we're generally exchanging shots at the same time. It's actually been quite entertaining, and the back-and-forth makes the whole enterprise a great deal more enjoyable.

Frankly I don't think the Dutch really need any help holding off the French at the moment, but who knows how things will develop.

This talk is all good and dandy but as a British captain may i ask how the US will decide to travel though hostile waters to reach there friendly waters of there Dutch allies. If they go one way they have to go though Pirates, our Northern British Fleets, possibly Danish fleets (unless there friends as well), then Swedish Fleets (if they are hostile) and then finally in to french waters.

If they go West and south, they have to go past Multiple British Fleets, The Spanish Fleet and then into there Dutch friends waters in which the French may be also waiting for them.

So if this rumor as it seems like a rumor is true, they will have to either do it via stealth or have a long road of fighting to do before they even hit the french area.

I also do not see this to be a reasonable idea but that is my option on the matter as a british captain.

edited for  Spelling :ph34r:

As a Dane i will neither confirm nor deny of any such relations with the americans however if any such american force were to pass through viking waters it would go unhindered due to the fact that the danes are commencing a mighty trade operation

• Like 1