Game-Labs Forum

1st Big content patch information.

Looking forward to all changes.

But what about this? 

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/10377-the-current-blueprint-drop-mechanic-needs-adjusting-thoughts/

admin.png

6,569 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 11:01 AM

Yes

The change is coming in the next big patch. 

Blueprint learning will depend on the crafting level. 

• Like 5

Really disagree with the masts being reparable. I'd be more in favour of giving them more hp, or splitting the model. Ie I lose the foremast first, preventing full sails, and with more damage the whole mast comes down. Ships often lost their top masts in battle but it was less common to lose a whole main mast (ignoring foremasts to an extent).

Other than that it seems a good patch.

With contracts I've been thinking that all contracts which are currently outstanding would be visible (like in EvE but with names visible) as it would effectively be a posted notice somewhere or an agent shouting out the prices...

Looking forward to the new ships.

• Like 5

Most of the changes sound pretty good.  Not necessarily a ton of content, but valuable and natural tuning which is probably more critical at this stage of game.

Big fan of a little more ship crew usage variability, and the store interface UI improvements are critical.  I do think there are a couple of valid concerns over identities of major traders, but that can be worked out.

Question on ship additions:

1) Will Niagara BP be droppable then?

2) Probably a dumb question, but Niagara buffs will only be applied to future crafted Niagara's - not existing boats, correct?

I can't stress how GREAT it is to finally rework the crew system. I'm really looking forward to the gunnery changes. If I'm not mistaken this should ease the penalties for under crewing a ship slightly. For example if your 'lvl 3' you could possibly crew a Navy Brig better than with the previous system, well it appears that way anyway.
I'm not to sure on the boarding mechanic though. So ONLY those crew that were prepared BEFORE boarding will be used in the fight? If that's true...that's so absurd.
Nice to see some changes to PvP, especially the timers to join, it will be interesting.
All round, exciting stuff guys!!

• Like 1

Really disagree with the masts being reparable. I'd be more in favour of giving them more hp, or splitting the model. Ie I lose the foremast first, preventing full sails, and with more damage the whole mast comes down. Ships often lost their top masts in battle but it was less common to lose a whole main mast (ignoring foremasts to an extent).

I actually want masts to fall more often in battles, allowing captains to repair them if enemies were not proactive enough. The current hp is too high. Giving more repairs will allow us to reduce mast hp. 

• Like 11

I love everything except the changes to contracts.  I'd have much rather seen the ability to use contracts to buy & sell upgrades like we can for resources. 

Knowing who is gouging you on contracts means nothing - it's useless information for most traders because there's nothing we can actually DO with that information. 

Even in EVE Online, which has one of the most well-developed economies in MMO's, the question of "who" is placing orders is hidden (until you actually buy or sell something, then YOU see who YOU conducted commerce with). 

Still, LOVE the crew changes. 

everything sounds great .. but thats no content patchin my opinion ?!!?

you say content comes later ...

content are new things, new ways of playing game ..

CONTENT Would be:

Production buildings

Production buildings are still tentative and might not get in next patch. Please leave your feedback on how you want production buildings to work in the following topic http://forum.game-la...gs-discussions/. We will of course try hard to make them happen in Feb but not sure about it.

New ships

2-3 new ships will be delivered after the patch – as they need more time to be tested and fine tuned. Most likely candidates are improved Niagara that will be boosted in certain areas based on the player feedback and Essex Frigate.

thats "just" changes and balancing ... and really not content patch ... sorry

Did you forget about the crew focus?  That will absolutely change how the game is changed.  Honestly, it has me apprehensive, but that is a good thing.  Something to keep me on my toes and require me to master it.

As for Contracts, when in history are the sellers anonymous?  Why can't you see who you are buying from?

I actually want masts to fall more often in battles, allowing captains to repair them if enemies were not proactive enough. The current hp is too high. Giving more repairs will allow us to reduce mast hp.

Please do this for masts only, as the real problem currently is that mast lifetime (even with current titanium mast HP) is less than hull lifetime. The correct solution is not to boost mast HP to hull levels but to extend mast lifetime through repairs (as you propose) with limitations (in addition to cooldown, I would suggest that the repairs are slower and come with a speed debuff), while leaving hull repairs where they are. The current system of hull repairs is sufficient and group fights are still very, very difficult to resolve decisively. Extending hull life (especially combined with broadside strength increase) will not benefit the game, and comes into conflict with the proposed fix to mast / sail life.

I am bit concerned about making the masts/sail repair dependent on disengagement. This works out fine in group fights, but is less fair in a chase or 1v1. On the other hand, current mast / sail repair simply turns every chase into extended session of sail shooting followed by repair and repetition of the same. I would prefer to have a chance to repair sails / masts in a chase, but for those repairs to come with a trade-off (e.g. speed reduction of 2 knots for duration of repair that happens over longer period of time). This would require more clever maneuver and timing on use of repairs, rather than simply doubling the duration of a straight stern chase.

In the new system:

All main tasks have a certain allocation of crew depending on ship type.

All main tasks have a minimum and optimal size of crew required.

• Optimal crew – task will be fulfilled at max speed
  • Minimal crew – task will be fulfilled with penalties
  • Less than minimal crew – task wont be fulfilled at all.

Sailing, Gun reloads, Repairs, Leak fixing is atomized and all of them require a min or optimal squad. The crew requirement is the sum of individual crew requirements. Switches between crew focuses take time and the bigger your crew the more time it takes to reposition the squads from task to task. If you have full crew you can toggle optimal performance for all tasks. 

Atomized? as "to reduce to minute particles or to a fine spray."

Do you mean automated?