Game-Labs Forum
admin

1st Big content patch information.

Thx for new patch. It wont be bad, but it has bad changes as many as good i think. I write down what i change if i were u.
1. You shouldnt let players capture AI ship over Belle Paul.
This game best part is PVP, and i liked the frigate fights most, from Cerberus to Belle Paul. i think most player does it too, while everybody want to get large rate ships aswell. Its so stupid thing, that u worked out these 5 th rate ships very well, but players can easily capture AI Constitusions and 3rd rates. It has no meaning to play with these ships after leveling. Port battles after a short early acses are filled with 3rd, nothing else, while it should be mostly 5th rate fight with some (not much) stronger ship atm. Im a master boarder, now my fleet looks like 5-10 capped Consti, 5-10 capped 3rd rate, depending how many i sell for money. Big rate fights just lost unique status, as they should be. Its easy for me to play, but not challenging with this fleet, and not that enjoyable as 5th rate fights. i dont have the goal to craft 3rd, or fight with frigates asweell. U should give us back these goals simultaneusly, but u can do it if u dont let capture ai ships over 5th rate. like if we cap it, admiralty should get them automatically for the money they should be sold at NPC traders. Those ships can be captured make meaningless to craft lower ships with exceptional quality aswell.
2. Every gun type is too accurate.
At the moment with good sail positioning and aiming my all long cannon shoot land on enemy, thats not realistic. Long cannons should spread thier salvo like carronedes does, and carronades should spread more aswell. if u want to elong battle times (to streghten side armor will do that) u should increase shoot spreading, not increase side armour. Btw i dunno why u wanna weaken nose armor, as i read captains tank with nose forward mostly in that time.
3. Frugal interface lookout in early acces. Why u dont ask players to make interface ideas?
4. Linear leveling. We can only level by same type missions. U should make shitload type of missions. like delivery missions (take a family, chestbox, etc... from x to y), spying missions (like u seems as an enemy nation captain till u go in thier capital/regional capital city, after u in the city u get back ur real nationality, and u have to escape out), pvp missions (u should use ur players imaginaton again).
5. Still low xp on PVP. Solo PVE play should be only an alternative way to level, main way should be PVP to make the servers really busy.
Sorry guyz to say, but i have a feeling. Imo leader developer just felt love in ur game real battle part. that side of the game is the most enjoyable, and it was good some month ago aswell. U just recalibrate side, rudder etc armour month after month, and u dont take care of the real problems. i dont want to hurt u, i want this game succesfull, as its a real gemstone.

6. I have one last idea. If u make all these changes u give more way to level up, give 2 new long goals for hardcore and not hardcore playerz and a ballance between nations. The high end content shuld be the National Home Fleet battles. Time to time they should be made on event rooster. From all port all ships can be deploy in, but the most BR can get in with the sort of the flag carrier (Home Fleet Attack Starter). Nations should start again another nation like 1 per every 2nd day for 3-400 K gold cost and for getting an enemy port they wanted. If the home fleet wins, the port automatically surrenders and will be captured by the attacker Nation.

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
Added extra contents from subsequent duplicate post.
  • Like 1

I like the previously-mentioned idea of jury rigging a mast,*if* this change absolutely has to be implemented at all.

It just makes no sense that you would be able to restore a mast to manufacturer specifications when you are out in the middle of the ocean.

the belle poule has like...4 masts in its hold  lol.

My idea:

Just make it like befor, with out any repairs or if you gona stay in survival mode like 10 min and you get 5% repair hull and 15% sails.

But the main problem for now its just "Battle timer" The main problem becouse in pvp when someone not gona hit in 2 min then he can leav battle, and when he its gona leav battle i dont have any kills or any assist. Just deleat Battle timer and add like if you are 1000m away from the nearlest enemy you can leav.

http://imgur.com/8No6a6b

I got for this battle 500xp realy? 2vs7?

I was gank 1vs7 against espaniol, one brits join and nornica but PioGaming leav battle after 7 min. And we have batt;e 2vs7. Trinco + surprise vs surprise+frigate+snow+frigate+surprise + renome and i think last one mercury. They are all dead becouse they have no repairs and 1 hull  at all destoryed. Why i have only 1 kill and nornica only 1 assist? becouse i can not to focouse sinking player becouse i dont want waste of my bullet to dead man. And i need to make tactic moves not to go back becouse someone magic can leav battle. STUPID. I say it now like 100 times just do it. 

• Like 2

The problem is while in theory, damage is what gets the rewards, the game has moved away from this.

Massive bonuses for "assist", "kill" and "mission completed" make it look like fighting is profitable, but it really isn't.

This creates the current scenario where an intense PVP battle with many ships limping out on their last leg is rewarded very poorly because no exp was given out for assist and kills, just damage. Also, losing a PVP fight of course rewards very poorly because of this.

This definitely needs to be addressed, if the goal of this game being primarily being PVP is to be met. Unless of course grinding money to  pay for resources to build ships to use in PVP is considered PVP.

right now, this game is even on the PVP server 99% PVE because of, well, the POTBS situation

• Like 1

The problem is while in theory, damage is what gets the rewards, the game has moved away from this.

Massive bonuses for "assist", "kill" and "mission completed" make it look like fighting is profitable, but it really isn't.

This creates the current scenario where an intense PVP battle with many ships limping out on their last leg is rewarded very poorly because no exp was given out for assist and kills, just damage. Also, losing a PVP fight of course rewards very poorly because of this.

This definitely needs to be addressed, if the goal of this game being primarily being PVP is to be met. Unless of course grinding money to  pay for resources to build ships to use in PVP is considered PVP.

right now, this game is even on the PVP server 99% PVE because of, well, the POTBS situation

The POTBS situation?

PVP destroys far more assets than it creates, requiring PVE grinding for the losers to get back into PVP - to the point where they rather don't PVP.

To add, I just watched plakrocks stream where he was in a 20vs8 battle in front of Gustavia vs the Russian invader. He scored 1450 exp for the battle.

2x300 assist on Constitution

1x500 assist on Third rate

350 exp for actually dealing damage.

This is incredibly lopsided.

Edited by Quineloe
  • Like 1

who said that this is happening now

Probably you ?

After port investments and land in battles are added into the game there will be a port reset

We are thinking of making all ports except for capitals neutral, giving all nations an equal chance. Alternative solution is to allow setting port defence windows in clean uncaptured port by nation vote.

Port investments will also slow down the conquest because to make flags you will have to build naval bases. No naval base - no flag. Naval base must be protected at all costs to be able to expand.

I understand that like you said this will be only a port reset. Small wipe without reset: ships, upgrades, resources, but still many people talking about full wipe and they are confused. Please make this situation clear nad please tell us what will happen with our resources after port reset.

• Like 1

Probably you ?

I understand that like you said this will be only a port reset. Small wipe without reset: ships, upgrades, resources, but still many people talking about full wipe and they are confused. Please make this situation clear nad please tell us what will happen with our resources after port reset.

he also said after land in battles, that is still a ways off.

Olav, plz really plz don't answer me if you are not admin. Please...

well im sorry, but he did say production buildins AND land in battles, thus the port wipe is not coming any time soon... what will happen to your stuff i assume will just stay there in outposts however i might be wrong. Sorry for answering part of your question, it is fine if you dont want me to tell you essentially what admin will probably say

edit: admin didnt say after production buildings OR after land in battle, so for them to do the wipe they are essentiallly saying they want both in before they do it.

You wont get an answer out of admin till the patch is ready. They always go slient until the big patch is done.

As to your original question, admins statement is clear if you can understand English clearly. Admin have said in the OP they are only looking at doing a port reset, when the production buildings & the new combat map engine are in game. The earliest that the combat map engine will be available is next month, so even the port wipe won't be until then. Worry about you crafting resources then, tbh I kind of expect them to also do a resource wipe as well but they won't know if they need to do one until nearer the time i.e. in at least a month.

This is pretty rude, this is a forum. If you want an answer from admin and no one else, PM him.

• Like 3

Jeah, and thats a big prob

You wont get an answer out of admin till the patch is ready. They always go slient until the big patch is done.

As to your original question, admins statement is clear if you can understand English clearly. Admin have said in the OP they are only looking at doing a port reset, when the production buildings & the new combat map engine are in game. The earliest that the combat map engine will be available is next month, so even the port wipe won't be until then. Worry about you crafting resources then, tbh I kind of expect them to also do a resource wipe as well but they won't know if they need to do one until nearer the time i.e. in at least a month.

Jeah, and thats a big problem. But i think its not about they lazy, they just too low on number :(. Btw player pool leak still started because of not soluting linear boring leveling, high BR Ai ship capture, low PVP XP earnings and low populated nation issues. We will go to trial status within half year if it continues. If they reset they loose lots of playerz again too imo. Plus they must work out how to make 5-10 k or more players Servers too, but maybe its not possible. They make enjoyable, but not most important changes. I will keep up to play, i enjoy it, but seems 50% of my mates just speaking about to leave about these issues.

Edited by DrZoidberg

Olav, you are not game developer so can not give me an answer for my question. Why ? Because this is only what you are thinking, i don't care about this. I need a clear answer which comes from admin not from you !

So stop telling us what do you think about wipe and stop confuse people. I need to be sure what and when they wanna do.

Olav, you are not game developer so can not give me an answer for my question. Why ? Because this is only what you are thinking, i don't care about this. I need a clear answer which comes from admin not from you !

So stop telling us what do you think about wipe and stop confuse people. I need to be sure what and when they wanna do.

well the devs were very clear in their message, il put it in a different way

Think of the sentance as an if statement eg:

"if this is true then do this"

The devs said in effect this:

"if production buildings and land in battles are in game, wipe port ownership"

Thus we wait till both are in since only one of the two conditions are true and both need to be true to fullfill the requirements, however if they used or it would be as following:

"if production buildings or land in battles are in game, wipe port ownership"

then the requirements are fullfilled if only one of them are true, which would soon be production buildings however of course they didns say or they said and which implies both need to be in before.

This is the last il say, if you dont want my help that is fine, however im just saying admin has been crystal clear about when a port wipe will happen, the part about weather resources and such will be wiped is just speculation.

edit: also i might not be a game developer for game labs, but who says im not a game developer?(do it as a hobby for now :P)

• Like 1

OlavDeng2

please kindly notice that We are interest in confirmed information from developers,  gossips from players make only chaos and panic.

Edited by icceman
  • Like 2

OlavDeng2

please kindly notice that We are interest in confirmed information from developers,  gossips from players make only chaos and panic.

Fair enough, i personally dont see how admin could have been clearer, but i guess that is just me then.

Fair enough, i personally dont see how admin could have been clearer, but i guess that is just me then.

Don't worry. They don't even have the patience to read the older posts of admin for a clarification. This is like teaching a monkey how to sail a ship. :P

• Like 1

Goodblue

If you don't know what i have already read and what i haven't do not call me monkey. I know that admin said in this topic: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/8719-will-it-be-any-wipes-after-early-access-start/ that XP always be saved. So like i said before if no one asking personaly you don't say anything.

I am asking because admin confirmed a port reset, quote: "After port investments and land in battles are added into the game there will be a port reset. "

When some one asking what will happen with: resources, outposts, shiphs etc. in port after reset port, admin said "who said that this is happening now" so right now i need a clear information comes from admin, becasue i am confused, there will be a port reset in short future or don't ?

Please don't talk about this, and about me or some one else if you don't understand what i mean and how is my problem. Everyday i hear and read, that they gonna do wipe in the future. I just want to be sure that a full-wipe never come to this game !

Reset port i can accept but never do same with a full-wipe! If they have in plans reset port this is not a problem but wanna know - like many other people - what happens with my items in ports after reset.

Sorry but i can't explain it in other way...
Edited by Neith

Yes. There will be a port reset, assets reset. You keep your rank and there we go, back to the fishermen's bay :)

Hardly to be standing ashore looking at a Alpha revision build without remotely expecting a soft reset. I know a lot who hope for a hard one though.

I find reset pretty much legit. Anyway all those who participated in tests before reset have huge advantage. And reset will help alot in terms of balance.