Game-Labs Forum

[PvP2] Vive La France

Slamz

As a clan, [PURGE] is not in favor of having safe PvE zones.  Not for us, and not for anybody else.  Newbie areas may be the only exception, where some of us will concede that too much PvP too soon can cause new players to become frustrated with the game, rather than excited about it.

But really our preference is to fight other players, preferably for something more important than the pink slips for their shiny new boats, but we'll play for that if the larger objectives (like ports) are out of our reach.  And if there are gentlemen's agreements in place that say "no chain shot" or "no ganking mission runners" or "no capturing ports in this area" just keep in mind we're not gentlemen.

It really would be better to think of [PURGE] as French boucaniers (buccaneers in modern parlance).  We haven't forgotten why people choose to be pirates, but there's more to being a pirate than choosing to play on the Pirate team.  From where we're sitting it looks like too many "pirates" have forgotten this.

Edited by Taralin Snow
  • Like 1

Dear Pirates: keep focusing on the SE, its a winning strategy for you.  Really it is.  No really....  Don't worry about us.  We won't stab you in the back as soon as your gaze turns northward, as the US steamrolls through Puerto Rico and the Dutch/Swedish islands.  Promise we won't.

Dear Pirates: keep focusing on the SE, its a winning strategy for you.  Really it is.  No really....  Don't worry about us.  We won't stab you in the back as soon as your gaze turns northward, as the US steamrolls through Puerto Rico and the Dutch/Swedish islands.  Promise we won't.

I doubt the US will ever make it here and even if they did, they'd just end up wasted like the Brits were. I don't know what nation you are, but it's irrelevant, the small nations here that joined on the Brit alliance didn't make a significant difference, I don't see why they would in the future.

If anything, you guys should be worried about getting run over by your "friends". Only thing that's going to be able to stop the red or green wave coming our way is the Pirates... The clock is ticking!

I play French.  We have nothing left to lose - but the pleasure of trolling pirates and insuring their demise.

If there ever was a demise of the Pirates (which I highly doubt), what makes you think you will have any relevance? As it stands, all the clans could pull out of the area and just leave the pirates with no clan and they would be strong enough to keep you and every other small nation that dares try in check on their own. The clans, on their own, are strong enough to push back any other nation... I keep using the term "mosquitoes in the windshield" when referring to the "french threat" on teamspeak and it's hardly an exaggeration. Your "successes" down south only occur because you only have a small portion of the pirates to deal with. We have enough peeps to wipe all your cities in the area within 2 hours if we wanted to.

Don't mistake our slow pace at eliminating you guys for us having a trouble doing so. It's just that most pirates right now have better things to do than run over you guys. 

Good luck in Louisiana though, I bet the US zerg will be super cool and friendly, after all, they've been super nice to the Spaniards and Pirates in the region.

I doubt the US will ever make it here and even if they did, they'd just end up wasted like the Brits were. I don't know what nation you are, but it's irrelevant, the small nations here that joined on the Brit alliance didn't make a significant difference, I don't see why they would in the future.

If anything, you guys should be worried about getting run over by your "friends". Only thing that's going to be able to stop the red or green wave coming our way is the Pirates... The clock is ticking!

I'll only say this one time as I really did appreciate the SOB foray into the East as so should the pirates. It was a great battle if large ships. That said, there would have been a world of difference in that day had the native French been planning the strategy vs. the British. To be fair I think they wanted the big ship fights. Had their been a more concern for actually winning the day the British could have simply slipped into the South, where they already had ports and less telegraphed sneak attack could have possibly liberated the entire South in one day. Then the remaining North fight would have been Brit, French, Dutch, Dane all focused on one front. CF and OMG are both very good. But that route would have seriously challenged even what you have built up there. So it is true the French are no great threat and realistically won't be for quite some time. But you shouldn't underestimate our ability to use knowledge of the terrain and situations there to be at least a thorn in the side. Edited by Bach

I personnaly dislike this French war not because we are having a hard time with you guys but just because it distracts us from doing something actually useful.

And this was our goal all along.  It seems we've won.

Edited by Dharus

If there ever was a demise of the Pirates (which I highly doubt), what makes you think you will have any relevance? As it stands, all the clans could pull out of the area and just leave the pirates with no clan and they would be strong enough to keep you and every other small nation that dares try in check on their own. The clans, on their own, are strong enough to push back any other nation... I keep using the term "mosquitoes in the windshield" when referring to the "french threat" on teamspeak and it's hardly an exaggeration. Your "successes" down south only occur because you only have a small portion of the pirates to deal with. We have enough peeps to wipe all your cities in the area within 2 hours if we wanted to.

Don't mistake our slow pace at eliminating you guys for us having a trouble doing so. It's just that most pirates right now have better things to do than run over you guys. 

Good luck in Louisiana though, I bet the US zerg will be super cool and friendly, after all, they've been super nice to the Spaniards and Pirates in the region.

Don't confuse your Zerg for a windshield.  You might want to keep your mouth closed.  This bug is getting bigger and it stings.  Gulp!  BTW, we quite like the SE, and thanks to the Free Ports dynamic - you will never eradicate us.  Also, the nice thing is, I never have to go far to jump into one of your missions and gank you guys.  My new found mission in life: make your teammate's lives miserable.

The only thing to keep the US from steam rolling the map is a map reset (which I hope does not happen before then).  The French (which will have become a nation of expert PvPers) will gladly support any actions against you.  We don't really care who wins - as long as you lose and suffer from protracted aggravations in the process.

Yesterday was a highlight for us and a low for [bSO] , which must stand for Battle Surrender Only.  Last night  1 Frigate, 2 Cerbs and a BP all surrendered with only 1 French snow lost in 3 different battles.  The sad thing is that they initiated the last fight and were drubbed severely.  The trash talking has stopped as well.  GG Pirates.

I don't think you have been listening. The French aren't leaving. We don't need ports to survive and we don't need French ports in order to stay. The fight will continue in the South East long after all the French ports are gone. We have already set up our logistics network for resources so we are good to go on that front so the French really have no reason to go anywhere else.

Hey I'm perfectly fine with no pvp in my pve hunting grounds. Safety allows for more risk. Which yields greater rewards.

4k till Demon and my 3rd rate!

Well there's our difference in a nutshell.

We are bragging about our excellent PvP battles.

You are bragging about your game rank and how nice of a virtual ship you get to look at on your screen as you sail through low risk PvE hunting grounds. If this was an MMORPG, you would be the guy that only ever leaves the instanced dungeon content to stand in town so everyone can see his giant hat and spiky pauldrons. ("Okay guys, I grinded my way to max level everything! Now I'm finally ready for PvP!")

That's why the only real pirates here are French.

We have enough peeps to wipe all your cities in the area within 2 hours if we wanted to.

The problem is you think that matters. (And it would, if France was a large nation. Being a lean nation means you also don't need much.)

If anything is going to kill the pirate team, it's their own strategy. I wonder how many players the pirates have already lost because they came here looking for piracy and PvP and found a bunch of XP farmers grinding for their 1st rates.

I'm sure France has lost players too. But if we lost anyone, it was the people who lacked the patience, initiative or energy to learn PvP. I'd have preferred they stayed and learned but if anyone doesn't like PvP, well, the pirate team is right over there.

Yesterday was a highlight for us and a low for [bSO] , which must stand for Battle Surrender Only.  Last night  1 Frigate, 2 Cerbs and a BP all surrendered with only 1 French snow lost in 3 different battles.  The sad thing is that they initiated the last fight and were drubbed severely.  The trash talking has stopped as well.  GG Pirates.

Awww. I don't like to make fun of BSO. Them and SIN at least put up a fight. FC and CF are the XP grinder guilds. Aves was a big night for them because it was the only PvP they'd had in a month. For the French, every night is PvP night. If you're a pirate looking for PvP, BSO is probably the only guild worth joining right now!

Honestly I wouldn't mind being able to work in a PvE fleet grinding night once in a while but it's just too hard to resist the PvP when it's right there in front of me literally every time I log in.

• Like 2

I feel sorry for the French. Slamz is the most delusional person on this server and he is on your side. Power projection is what wins these types of MMOs. Just look at GoonSwarm in EVE. Sure your little lowsec style fighting is annoying for like 2 seconds. Then your past it and no one cares anymore.

But just like goonswarm did. We have grown exponentially in power since our victories began. When Port Louis and Saint Francios fell we had like 14 cerbs. Now we don't even let surprises in the battle and have enough to field multiple port battles easy.

Yet the only thing that comes out of your mouth is stupidity. "I wonder how many pirates have quit for want of something to do" LOL. here i'll answer that... NONE.

You also brag about killing a few BSO guys. Which by all accounts are one of the smaller lower ranked pirate clans. So its one of the few you can actually outgun. Just come up to camp du roy and see how long you last.

See you tonight if you actually have some balls.

Edited by Obliterati

We will see. Frenchies are a non factor, not enough to do more than murder new guys down south. Same shit we have guys doing up in the Bahamas.  I still work Issacs, Williams and the coast of Florida.  Fun, but map wise pretty inconsequential.

When the "Sons" alliance hits the Eastern or Southern Antilles, and rest assured they will unless the pirates do some more manning up to take it to them, a lot of the guys down there are going to end up moving again.

This, like the destruction of the market out that way has been predicted by the Pirate Saint Poe.

The map in general is inconsequential.  With resets, no map win conditions, and high vs low population issues bragging about "winning the game" is hilarious.  The game is gonna change, its alpha.  Having fun, fixing bugs, and providing feedback is what its all about.

Speaking of which, does the bounty you guys posted on Reddit on Slamz carry over after reset?  Has it gone up any?  You guys are hilarious.

If this was an MMORPG, you would be the guy that only ever leaves the instanced dungeon content to stand in town so everyone can see his giant hat and spiky pauldrons. ("Okay guys, I grinded my way to max level everything! Now I'm finally ready for PvP!")

Hanging out by the mailbox in Orgrimmar, looking all cool for the other badasses ;)

I feel sorry for the French. Slamz is the most delusional person on this server and he is on your side. Power projection is what wins these types of MMOs. Just look at GoonSwarm in EVE. Sure your little lowsec style fighting is annoying for like 2 seconds. Then your past it and no one cares anymore.

But just like goonswarm did. We have grown exponentially in power since our victories began. When Port Louis and Saint Francios fell we had like 14 cerbs. Now we don't even let surprises in the battle and have enough to field multiple port battles easy.

Yet the only thing that comes out of your mouth is stupidity. "I wonder how many pirates have quit for want of something to do" LOL. here i'll answer that... NONE.

You also brag about killing a few BSO guys. Which by all accounts are one of the smaller lower ranked pirate clans. So its one of the few you can actually outgun. Just come up to camp du roy and see how long you last.

Just to let you know the {Battle Surrender Only] ships outweighted us in BR by a lot since we were all in snows and 1 Reno.   They had Snows, Constrituon Mercs and a Cerb or two.

Edited by Dophuz

Your goals are the goals of a conquesting nation. The biggest ships you can get to capture the most land to "win" an MMO. I'm not saying that is a bad thing and I agree you are doing it well for your stated goal. But it's not very piratey. You've become a nation flying a black flag. There is nothing wrong with that but you can't expect everyone that thinks of pirates to be thinking the same way.

I fought goon swarm for years. I was around when they lost their first dreadnaught. The used to swarm us in cheap cruisers. We would kill off waves of them but they would keep coming. Numbers was always there thing. Individual they were some of the worst combat pilots in EVE. But they had a good horde/Zerg mentality that didn't require combat skills as much as Econ and PVE skills. So hearing this from you the Eastern pirate style if play makes a lot more sense to me now. Again, nothing wrong with that. It's a conquest style of play proven to work. Since NA has ship dura and capturable NPC ships it should work even better than EVE since you don't need to resort to swarms of cruisers and you can go right to swarms of 3rd rates.

Yes, it'll work here. But it's still not very piratey. You'll essentiall be the Spanish Armada with Lord Nelson quality ships and just happen to be sailing around flying a pirate flag as you conquer fortress after fortress of mostly empty battles. Very goonish. Not very piratey.

We will see. Frenchies are a non factor, not enough to do more than murder new guys down south. Same shit we have guys doing up in the Bahamas.  I still work Issacs, Williams and the coast of Florida.  Fun, but map wise pretty inconsequential.

When the "Sons" alliance hits the Eastern or Southern Antilles, and rest assured they will unless the pirates do some more manning up to take it to them, a lot of the guys down there are going to end up moving again.

This, like the destruction of the market out that way has been predicted by the Pirate Saint Poe.

It could very well be. I wouldn't mind giving it a go in the Bahamas. Be good to compare strategies and see if either finds a chink in their armor.

Your goals are the goals of a conquesting nation. The biggest ships you can get to capture the most land to "win" an MMO. I'm not saying that is a bad thing and I agree you are doing it well for your stated goal. But it's not very piratey. You've become a nation flying a black flag. There is nothing wrong with that but you can't expect everyone that thinks of pirates to be thinking the same way.

I fought goon swarm for years. I was around when they lost their first dreadnaught. The used to swarm us in cheap cruisers. We would kill off waves of them but they would keep coming. Numbers was always there thing. Individual they were some of the worst combat pilots in EVE. But they had a good horde/Zerg mentality that didn't require combat skills as much as Econ and PVE skills. So hearing this from you the Eastern pirate style if play makes a lot more sense to me now. Again, nothing wrong with that. It's a conquest style of play proven to work. Since NA has ship dura and capturable NPC ships it should work even better than EVE since you don't need to resort to swarms of cruisers and you can go right to swarms of 3rd rates.

Yes, it'll work here. But it's still not very piratey. You'll essentiall be the Spanish Armada with Lord Nelson quality ships and just happen to be sailing around flying a pirate flag as you conquer fortress after fortress of mostly empty battles. Very goonish. Not very piratey.

After rereading my own post it's sounding a bit harsher than meant it. Goon Swarm was a positive thing for EVE as a game. Even though I fought them it doesn't make them real life bad guys. That kind of power projecting mega Corp gets the rest of the game going and generates memorable and often epic battles.

I am a bit of a sailing ship era nastalgia buff and the only thing I dislike about it there is the twisting of the pirate role into a conquesting national. If there ever is a map reset it would be awesome if you guys all went Spanish and created the Goon Armada. I think it would play better in the NA world.

Just look at GoonSwarm in EVE. Sure your little lowsec style fighting is annoying for like 2 seconds. Then your past it and no one cares anymore.

But just like goonswarm did. We have grown exponentially in power since our victories began.

Hah, this explains so much. Unlike Bach I have no issue being harsh, just so we are clear you want to imitate some of the biggest on-line jack-offs of all time? We made a living off of those guys for years, their collective IQ was 6, this game is going to be so much fun.  

Edited by Vllad