Game-Labs Forum

European traders - explained

I cannot for the life of me get this to work.  I put up a contract for Copper Ore to buy at 120, which should be WELL above the price.  Nothing.

I could be mistaken but I thought that the European Traders mechanic was phased out in a prior patch.

Not for me, it works. Although a list of prices would be really nice.

Same for me, I think I read at some point it's 3 times the normal market price in producing ports, not sure though.

I cannot for the life of me get this to work.  I put up a contract for Copper Ore to buy at 120, which should be WELL above the price.  Nothing. 

Found a base price of 42, so I tried it at 130.  No go . 

Do you set your contract in a city producing the desired resource, a city producing copper here ?

Be sure to put the contract at 127 price and on a city that produces copper and it should work unless something changed since last time i tested it last week or so.

This is still working you need to sail a round to get the right numbers for example Rum is going for 21g per unit so times 3 is 63g make a buy order of 63g in a town where it is made and your contract fills up right a way 

Is it the base price (eg.  Copper Ore 42 on most ports) or the price it costs to actually MAKE one, which is 22 in my mine? 

It's the base price from NPC's shops, not the production buildings.

Unless i make an error NPC bases prices are :

American Cotton 30

Coal 23

Compass Wood 1000

Copper Ore 42

Danish Beer 90

Fir Log 30

Gold 152

Hemp 100

Iron Ore 149

Lignum Vitae 250

Live Oak Log  100

Oak Log 50

Pine Log 30

Red Wood Log 50

Rum 21

Silver 75

Stone Block 10

Teak Log 45

A ctity producing one of those, contract at base price *3 +1 ( +5% fee for the contract tax ) 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...