Game-Labs Forum

If a nation get completely defeated in game what will happen? will their players have only control over their home port while other nations are completely destroying any ships who try to get away?. My point is, right now on the EU1 server spain basically is being completely destroyed.

Seriously, right now USA has conquered all the ports surrounding its capital (habana) and tomorrow those ports will be on usa hands... This will effectively destroy the nation, how can spanish players commerce or new players do missions? Not only that, but the problem is that even being the "european server" the times in which nations are able to conquer are american. Basically each day when we go to sleep everything is untouched and when we wake up we have lost another 3 ports. I just witnessed a +30 usa fleet of frigates, 3rd's and constitutions conquer the surrounding ports while on the spanish the player at that hour was most likely less than even 20.

For balance sake what can be done about this? right now the solutions that i can think of are a map reset or a conquer timeframe according to the server location.

This is not about being in the winning side or the loosing side of a war, is a situation to actually being able to continue playing the game.

• Like 2

If the Servers could handle like 5K players it wouldn't be a problem i think. But right now i would say remove USA as nation, let us-players play on us-server or change pb-mechanics which is long overdue.

• Like 1

It's an interesting question kronuxen and a real possibility for other nations such as the swedes. When left with nothing but there capital, the game is going to become almost unplayable and certainly not fun for players of that nation. It will also make it rediculously difficult for new players of that nation. I'm interested to see what the devs think about this issue.

If a nation get completely defeated in game what will happen? will their players have only control over their home port while other nations are completely destroying any ships who try to get away?. My point is, right now on the EU1 server spain basically is being completely destroyed.

Seriously, right now USA has conquered all the ports surrounding its capital (habana) and tomorrow those ports will be on usa hands... This will effectively destroy the nation, how can spanish players commerce or new players do missions? Not only that, but the problem is that even being the "european server" the times in which nations are able to conquer are american. Basically each day when we go to sleep everything is untouched and when we wake up we have lost another 3 ports. I just witnessed a +30 usa fleet of frigates, 3rd's and constitutions conquer the surrounding ports while on the spanish the player at that hour was most likely less than even 20.

For balance sake what can be done about this? right now the solutions that i can think of are a map reset or a conquer timeframe according to the server location.

This is not about being in the winning side or the loosing side of a war, is a situation to actually being able to continue playing the game.

I would not mind periodical wipes to region control. In terms of those ports. There needs to be a slight revamp to the port timer. As of now right now Ports that were owned from the start of the OW starting have no capture windows. Players should be able to purchase a capture window for those default start ports. This addition would stop the US from taking ports when Major Espana counts are low.

The larger nations should just have more than one capital. The Spanish players can then just move somewhere else.

One problem is the timers. They should have been set to EU main time from the start... that would have made this a bit harder to do.

• Like 1

I wonder if the players playing USA would have liked that? They are mainly americans.

The larger nations should just have more than one capital. The Spanish players can then just move somewhere else.

One problem is the timers. They should have been set to EU main time from the start... that would have made this a bit harder to do.

Very important question actually. What will for example Sweden or Denmark do if it only has 1-2 harbours. I would certainly consider moving to another nation and abandon my clan then, but that is not fun or an ideal solution. 

I really hate servers that are based on specific timezones, guilds anyway always have global player base so a set portbattle time will mean for some people they never can attend one.

Edited by James Thomson
  • Like 2

I wonder if the players playing USA would have liked that? They are mainly americans.

Then they should play on the US server ;-)

I got no problem with them being able to set the timer for their maintime. But ports that have not been captured have no timer. And that I think is a mistake.

They should have ben set... but at different times. spread over maybe a 8 or 12 hour periode... based on when it is the european main time.

(with the exception of the neutral ports)

Asking for a map reset? Well this was predicted in the chat last night.

Again what's preventing Spain players from doing same thing? Oh yeah nothing.

Asking for a map reset? Well this was predicted in the chat last night.

Again what's preventing Spain players from doing same thing? Oh yeah nothing.

Spain is naturally defavorized as all own ports have no timer. Our ports also, buit since we started with less own ports, we don't have the same problems.

But it certainly could become a problem when some nation captured a port not to far away from our home ports.

the server is named EU meaning bu defaut, port windown on all ports should be for example 18-22.

It would not allow player who should not play on this server break it

• Like 1

The time zone is difference is just a scapegoat for internal problems within the Spanish faction. The United States has consistently attacked and captured Spanish ports (even ports with timers) during Spanish Primetime and encountered middling resistance at best.

The United States is a far larger faction that is able to organize far better than España. So I guess the appropriate response by the Spanish is to appeal to the devs to ban Americans from the original community they helped build? What will the reason be when the Pirates come and take all your ports then? How will you ask for the Pirates to be server banned? That they can PvP grind off each other?

• Like 11

Question is: ¿Why american timeframe when this is a european server?

I play for Spain and every week we are losing ports. We can't defend it with the actual conquer timeframe.
And I imagine other nations have the same problems with american people playing on EU servers.

Meh. This again? 
I'll just repost infinite's comment :) 

The time zone is difference is just a scapegoat for internal problems within the Spanish faction. The United States has consistently attacked and captured Spanish ports (even ports with timers) during Spanish Primetime and encountered middling resistance at best.

The United States is a far larger faction that is able to organize far better than España. So I guess the appropriate response by the Spanish is to appeal to the devs to ban Americans from the original community they helped build? What will the reason be when the Pirates come and take all your ports then? How will you ask for the Pirates to be server banned? That they can PvP grind off each other?

• Like 2

The game IMO needs two systems to balance it out:

1. Some of the cost of conquering ports should be hiring troops to actually hold it, and the price of troops goes up the more your nation already controls. Holding on to a lot of land is extremely expensive, and getting stretched to thin is how a lot of conquering armies fail, even if they can't be beaten in a a direct fight. The game needs a better system to represent that in a real war conquering tons of land does not mean your nation snowballs into an unstoppable juggernaut, but instead eventually will have a really hard time actually defending it all.

2. Nations need to be able to make peace and become allies for a time when a balance of power needs to be maintained. That has historically always been how western politics were conducted. If any one faction became too powerful the others would band together to keep it in check rather than falling to it one by one. Right now the game doesn't have a way of making this happen mechanically, an alliance can only ever be a loose agreement between clans not to attack each other for a while. If your nation is pretty beaten down and enters an alliance with one that's still a decent size you get to use their ports, so you can rebuild your economy, and start making some headway again. 

Edited by Aetrion
  • Like 11

You say this because only fight vs spain for now. Other nations would have the same problem.

You say this because only fight vs spain for now. Other nations would have the same problem.

The Pirates don't have this problem. The French didn't have this problem. Only the Spanish have had this problem.

I think this is the purpose of Free Ports. You can cobble together what you need to recover, I think, by using Free Ports, some of which seem to have wood and others iron and so forth. It won't be easy to put a nation back together, but it's not impossible, especially for a guild of, say 10 dedicated players. If you found a Free Port that also had good player trade (buy/sell), I think you might be able to make it happen.

And the world is still sparsely populated enough that you might be able to try some alternative things like taking over an empty area of the map. Or working out a deal with some other team that maybe they just let you have an area.

They could make it harder to crush a team totally out, like maybe the capital and the nearest few towns are uncapturable, but it does kind of undermine the impact of the strategy game if the bar you can't push people under is too high.

As a solo player, you're pretty hosed, and this might be a case where the devs should consider a way to let people move to another nation with all their stuff, perhaps as a special function to let people move to other underpopulated teams.

IIRC the Spain players did the same thing to the U.S at first, now it's being done to them they complain about it being a broken mechanic.

The only reason players are upset about it being a Euro server is due to it having Euro in the name. Had they called it pink fluffy bunnies no one who get into this "our" server BS.

There is nothing currently preventing Spain from doing the same thing to the U.S, other there lack of willingness to fight.

• Like 1

IIRC the Spain players did the same thing to the U.S at first, now it's being done to them they complain about it being a broken mechanic.

The only reason players are upset about it being a Euro server is due to it having Euro in the name. Had they called it pink fluffy bunnies no one who get into this "our" server BS.

There is nothing currently preventing Spain from doing the same thing to the U.S, other there lack of willingness to fight.

They should rename the servers asap.

The Pirates don't have this problem. The French didn't have this problem. Only the Spanish have had this problem.

I mean other nations with european players.

Normally I would say it's a matter of firepower, but this is getting out of hand.

The timers are not doing what they should and with the low player count I agree that Spain can't hold the territory thet they have in the beggining, But it shouldn't be that because they are a small nation and have nobody in the USA timezone, that they can't play at all. this game should be realistic, and realism is not waking up and losing all your ports and you can't take them back because then you have to wake up at 4am. the current mechanic needs to be changed because this isn't a matter of firepwer anymore, It's a matter of where you live.

We need a mechanic where firepower counts and not timezone, I know spain will never be as powerfull as they were in that time but this is just sad, they are losing because of a mehcanic not due to their lack of firepower and this needs to be changed.

• Like 2

Pirates don't have european players? :S

lol

Of course they have european players, but they dont fight vs American players with american time zones all the time.

The players who dont have this timezones problems are players who:

- Live in America.

- Live in Europe but are not fighting vs American players.